Norwegian Pearl—Alaska—June 19-26

Great review and great pictures. Do you happen to remember what day the laundry special was?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

The 50% pressing special was the day we boarded. I believe the $19.99 all you can fit in the bag was in Tuesday's Daily, the deadline was noon on Wednesday, and your clothes were returned on Friday.

Edited by gottacruisemore

The 50% pressing special was the day we boarded. I believe the $19.99 all you can fit in the bag was in Tuesday's Daily, the deadline was noon on Wednesday, and your clothes were returned on Friday.

I have never had laundry done while on a cruise. Always concerned about getting all my items back and shrinkage. Guess I should put my concerns aside and give it a try - especially since I will be spending two nights in Seattle after the cruise! Thanks for mentioning it..

So is that in all US ports?? Or just Seattle? The $189 beverage surcharge i paiD on my UBP I THOUGHT covered taxes and gratuities , grrrr

It was just in Seattle, or Washington state waters, and at 7 p.m. they stopped charging tax. It MIGHT have started again when we left Victoria, but I didn't visit any bars to know for sure.

I have never had laundry done while on a cruise. Always concerned about getting all my items back and shrinkage. Guess I should put my concerns aside and give it a try - especially since I will be spending two nights in Seattle after the cruise! Thanks for mentioning it..

We have never had a problem and with six kids you would think they would mess something. Everything has always been returned, in same condition, and nicely folded...ready to pack back into the suitcase. I think it is a small price to pay to come home and not have to do a ton of laundry as soon as I walk in the door.

BREAKING: Norwegian Cruise Line has banned passengers from bringing their own bottled water and soda on board.

http://cruisefever.net/0701-norwegian-cruise-line-bans-carry-on-water-and-soda/

Yeah, there is a pretty active thread about that.

I know I've messaged NCL and mentioned in my after cruise survey that the inclusion of bottled water and specialty coffee in their UBP would be most welcome. NCL's package is $14 more than Celebrity, their per drink cap is only $2-$3 more, but no bottled water or specialty coffees.

Edited by gottacruisemore

Hi,

How was the night life on the cruise? They mention the White Hot party which is always the best party on an NCL ship, but it is only in the Spinnaker. Were a lot of people dancing at night or was it pretty dead?

This was a super helpful review. We leave a week from today!

Thanks for posting it.

Hi,

How was the night life on the cruise? They mention the White Hot party which is always the best party on an NCL ship, but it is only in the Spinnaker. Were a lot of people dancing at night or was it pretty dead?

This was a super helpful review. We leave a week from today!

Thanks for posting it.

Thanks, glad people found it useful. I personally didn't check out the nightlife so I can't be of much help to you with that question. My family members went out every evening and I know they did mention dancing.

You may have mentioned this already, but I can't find it. I see the ranger boards at 7 on the Glacier Bay Day. What time should I be prepared to be stationed someplace to view things? Can't decide if I am staying on my balcony or going elsewhere. I have a port side balcony. I noted that TMC said that port side is first, which is the opposite of what my TA told me!

You may have mentioned this already, but I can't find it. I see the ranger boards at 7 on the Glacier Bay Day. What time should I be prepared to be stationed someplace to view things? Can't decide if I am staying on my balcony or going elsewhere. I have a port side balcony. I noted that TMC said that port side is first, which is the opposite of what my TA told me!

I believe it started at 9, I had a window seat at the buffet when he started talking. I moved to deck 7 which had great views and it was easy to cut through the atrium if something was on the other side. I spent some time on my aunt's balcony on the starboard and that was nice. I then went back to my aft balcony and also got great photos. I honestly don't know which side is first and IMO it doesn't matter since the boat turns.

I believe it started at 9, I had a window seat at the buffet when he started talking. I moved to deck 7 which had great views and it was easy to cut through the atrium if something was on the other side. I spent some time on my aunt's balcony on the starboard and that was nice. I then went back to my aft balcony and also got great photos. I honestly don't know which side is first and IMO it doesn't matter since the boat turns.

Thanks! Loved your review and pics and it was so timely! I sail on Sunday!

Less than 2 weeks woohoo! Can't wait :D

Really enjoyed your review, and especially that you took time to answer everyone's questions!

thanks.

i know you're excited. i could barely think about anything else when it got this close. and it's tuesday, which means watching the pearl pull into juneau on the webcam.

When we sailed on the Pearl in April, it was out of Miami. We were about 15 minutes late for our window, but the Port employees didn't seem to care. They just wanted to see our passports and cruise docs. Seattle may be different, but I would assume not.

Were they strict with their check-in times for embarkation? We hope to arrive a couple hours early and would prefer not to wait around.