Freedom class deck plan experts

I am booked on the Freedom of the Seas 11/20/2016. I booked 2 rooms. I got a great rate (especially since it is Thanksgiving) on a balcony cabin for 2 people and an interior k for my 3 kids 21,18,18.

As I was checking prices today, I noticed the price had dropped on the Interior room. Since the website doesn't show categories any longer, I was assuming it was a K/Z gty since I had my parameters set for 3 people.

I called my TA and got switched into the GTY and she told me it was a Q GTY saving about $200.00

Looking at the deck plans I do not see any Q rooms for 3 people only 2 people.

After making the switch the GTY for 3 people is now gone.

Am I missing something? Are there rooms on Freedom in Cat Q for 3 people.

Edited by irishgal432

Some of the Q rooms are accessible rooms. These rooms are larger than standard rooms (250± sq feet) and could sleep as many as 4.

Just as you noted, in looking at the deck plans I don't see any of these rooms showing extra bedding.

I would call your Travel agent and/or RCI and make sure your Q room will indeed sleep 3.

Edited by mooseman52b

No, there are no Q category cabins that sleep 3.

If they accepted your booking for three in a guarantee category, then they will have to give you at least a category N.

I don't see any N's either for three, so I will probably end up with a K which is what I had and save 200.00.

I don't see any N's either for three, so I will probably end up with a K which is what I had and save 200.00.

Ok, I didn't bother to check that little detail. ;) Yes, they will have to give you some other cabin - it could even be an upgrade!

There are A LOT of available triples on your cruise!

K

G

E1

D1

(even an Owner's Suite! ;) )

We have a balcony on deck 6 and had the kids down the hall in an inside. They are 20 18 and 18 so they do not have to be that close to us. (We booked one adult in each)

I actually saw the OS available and priced it out since most suites have been sold out for months and this one popped up and just for grins repriced the inside and saw this quirky gty for 3.

I called my TA and she said you know it can be anywhere on the ship and you can't change. I thought, yeah right, you don't know cc.

My theory is the longer they wait to assign my room, since it may be a reservation glitch the better and may end up with the OS after all,:D

On deck 6, there are 5 K cabins available forward, and one aft.

One of them is probably the one that you gave up. ;)

As you know, once the cabin is assigned, you have three choices.

1. Accept the assignment.

2. See if there is another cabin in the identical category and ask to switch into that one.

3. Ask to be thrown back into the guarantee pool and roll the dice again.

:)