What is YOUR favorite thing about Royal Caribbean?

We tried a Princess cruise and the ship was absolutely dead after 10pm. Not a soul to be seen. I thought there was a curfew the first night. We tried to go to the pools and they weren't handing out towels after 8pm. It was ridiculous.

I was told Princess had an older demographic than Royal (which I didn't believe) but wowza. I'm sure the first cruise ship those folks rode on had oars.

So at least compared to that experience Royal does have some younger more lively folks on board. We might try Carnival eventually -- I hear there are people below 60 on that one.

What keeps me coming back are the ships, Oasis class is simply amazing. Pair that with the great staff, fun activities, good food and so many options and RCI has a great product. I also have found that the clientele on RCI tends to be a notch up from Walmart on water.

What keeps us coming back are the friendly crew, service and over all cruise experience. We have cruised one other line, but the crew don't seem as happy to help and serve you even though we have had wonderful cruises with them. Let me add, they have beautiful ships in terms of exterior compared to others except for Princess

Edited by Desert Cruizers

We tried a Princess cruise and the ship was absolutely dead after 10pm. Not a soul to be seen. I thought there was a curfew the first night. We tried to go to the pools and they weren't handing out towels after 8pm. It was ridiculous.

I was told Princess had an older demographic than Royal (which I didn't believe) but wowza. I'm sure the first cruise ship those folks rode on had oars.

So at least compared to that experience Royal does have some younger more lively folks on board. We might try Carnival eventually -- I hear there are people below 60 on that one.

That reminds me of what my sister said when she went on a Holland America Panama Canal cruise. She went with our mom and grandma, said it felt like she was the youngest passenger on the ship (Late 20s, and my mom was the second youngest (Late 40s). She ended up spending most of her time hanging out with some of the younger workers on board

The perks from being a Diamond, D+ and hopefully soon Pinnacle. I'm top tier with most cruise lines and none other compares to the private lounges and the great folks you meet because of them. As a solo cruiser the private lounges are a good way to meet your fellow passengers over free drinks.

Currently on the Oasis and love real Voom Internet instead of the pig with lipstick Voom the lesser ships get. Wish Oasis type Voom was fleet wide.

I've never been on other lines to compare it to, but the reason we selected RC for our first cruise and the reason we've kept with them is the balance. Other cruise lines come across as extremely mature/adult without a lot of "fun" stuff and activities, or the opposite, some come across as largely children and young party ships.

RCCL for us seems like a good balance between the two.

I HAVE been on other lines, and Awestover, you hit the nail right on the head. Its the perfect balance -- elegant but not too stuffy, full of activities and nightlife, but just as accommodating to those who want a quiet ocean getaway, as suited to my 86 year old mother as my 14 year old niece, both of whom find exactly the vacation they want.

Plus I think over the twenty years since my first cruise, they have most consistently been the innovators in the industry -- think promenades, zip lines, ice rinks, rock walls where I KNOW they were the first, and things where if not the first, they were an early entry -- adult area pools, broadway musicals (as opposed to the still-great variety shows), vastly expanded areas of balcony cabins (my first cruise, on Monarch of the Seas, I think there were fewer than a dozen cabins with balconies).

I HAVE been on other lines, and Awestover, you hit the nail right on the head. Its the perfect balance -- elegant but not too stuffy, full of activities and nightlife, but just as accommodating to those who want a quiet ocean getaway, as suited to my 86 year old mother as my 14 year old niece, both of whom find exactly the vacation they want.

Plus I think over the twenty years since my first cruise, they have most consistently been the innovators in the industry -- think promenades, zip lines, ice rinks, rock walls where I KNOW they were the first, and things where if not the first, they were an early entry -- adult area pools, broadway musicals (as opposed to the still-great variety shows), vastly expanded areas of balcony cabins (my first cruise, on Monarch of the Seas, I think there were fewer than a dozen cabins with balconies).

+1

Different strokes for different folks. I like the strokes of RCCL. :D