What is YOUR favorite thing about Royal Caribbean?

I feel like we get caught up in a lot of negativity, so I want to know...what do you love the most about Royal Caribbean? What keeps you coming back? Is it a certain ship/class, certain staff members, destinations?

I'll start by saying my absolute favorite thing about Royal has been the Oasis class ships (and the staff on said ships).

I've never been on other lines to compare it to, but the reason we selected RC for our first cruise and the reason we've kept with them is the balance. Other cruise lines come across as extremely mature/adult without a lot of "fun" stuff and activities, or the opposite, some come across as largely children and young party ships.

RCCL for us seems like a good balance between the two.

The first thing that comes to mind is the awesome ships. The Oasis class is just absolutely brilliant, I cant wait to try the Quantum class. But then again however great a ship is, if the service is substandard, its not going to make your holiday great.

I've always had brilliant service onboard RCCL and that ensures that I dont need to look beyond the RCCL family (RCCL and Celebrity) for any cruises.

I'm pretty loyal to Royal.

We've done 20+ cruises with RCI and it's the familiarity, that comfortable feeling regardless of which ship or what itinerary. That first ding of the SeaPass card as we walk onboard...we know we're there.

It's the RCI employees. From friendly reservation agents, to non hotel crew who always say "hello" aboard, to thoughtful disembarkation.

Oh yes, the speedy and no fee (mostly) room service too! :)

Edited by Philly Steve

I actually think I would have got caught by any cruise line on my first cruise. But it just happened that RCI had some good marketing in Sweden when I first got interested in cruising. So when I went for my first cruise in 2008 I chose RCI and loved it.

After that it's just kind of a habit. RCI provides a great product that we enjoy. We see no reason for jumping cruise line. We are slowly climbing the C&A ladder and are turning Platinum on our next cruise. Not that we sail to get points. But since we get them we try to enjoy the few perks we are handed.

What struck us the most after our first cruise was how great the service onboard was.

Free drinks in the Diamond Lounge!

Having just one cruise as diamond under my belt, that is up there! Reading the whole thread to see if I do have one single favorite thing. Being far from work is way up there, but I could do that anywhere tropical or any cruise line. Back to thinking.

We've done 20+ cruises with RCI and it's the familiarity, that comfortable feeling regardless of which ship or what itinerary. That first ding of the SeaPass card as we walk onboard...we know we're there.

This one maybe the closest for me so far.

I actually think I would have got caught by any cruise line on my first cruise.

I kind of agree with that. For me, one of my customer's was a travel agency, and when I finally decided to do a cruise my only requirements were Eastern Caribbean and it had to be during our 25th anniversary, so they picked the world's largest ship for us. (at the time we booked, around 2004)

I've never been on other lines to compare it to, but the reason we selected RC for our first cruise and the reason we've kept with them is the balance. Other cruise lines come across as extremely mature/adult without a lot of "fun" stuff and activities, or the opposite, some come across as largely children and young party ships.

RCCL for us seems like a good balance between the two.

After being on other ships we can say the same. It is a good balance between the available offerings in the cruise market.

The innovative ships that offer a tremendous amount of activities to do as much or as little as we want to. Service is excellent as well. I don't have much experience with another line (only Celebrity which, of course, is same company...however, our MDR service on that sailing was not up to par but everything else was excellent).

I love ordering a ton of the main course options, I do finish it all though.

I think other lines allow multiple MDR orders as well

Ordering an additional 5 desserts each in the MDR and taking them back to the cabin for a midnight feast!

Saves us having to tip room service!

The ships, staff, food, sunshine, incredible views, ports, meeting new friends, on board credit, fantastic service, getting clean stateroom 2x day, don't have to do dishes, quality time with hubby, fun activities, shows, entertainment, ambiance, pools, spas, state of the art gym, being pampered and of course FREE DRINKS IN THE DIAMOND LOUNGE!! [emoji3][emoji568][emoji513][emoji322][emoji482][emoji1303][emoji126]🏼[emoji132][emoji160][emoji151][emoji168][emoji182][emoji156][emoji162][emoji255][emoji259][emoji274][emoji523][emoji490][emoji494][emoji504][emoji484][emoji483][emoji560]

I'd have to agree with this but it was the marvelous ships that brought us back to Royal. We bounced over to Princess for a while and tried Carnival too but it just wasn't the same.

Edited by Big_G

I couldn't have said it better!

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

This answer resonated with me.

As a non-retiree who leads a busy and chaotic lifestyle, the need to be truly on vacation becomes paramount.

For me, being on vacation means sleeping in, having others cook, clean and plan activities, no maps, no stress, lots of alcohol, spa treatments and most importantly, the ability to disconnect from the world. Being able to realize all of the above at sea and in familiar, comfortable environs where no learning curve whatsoever is needed - amplifies the vacation feeling.