Boy drowns on Anthum of the Sea

why has there been nothing posted on the current condition of this little boy? all of this debate on blame and pool safety is not where the focus should be but on this little boy and his condition...I am still praying for him and his family, and that's my main concern right now :(

Just off the anthem. Captain Erik announced that the family was requesting privacy and we would receive no updates but to keep in thoughts and prayers. All week long all the pools had a rcl person standing over not sure if that is going to be protocol going forward

Just off the anthem. Captain Erik announced that the family was requesting privacy and we would receive no updates but to keep in thoughts and prayers. All week long all the pools had a rcl person standing over not sure if that is going to be protocol going forward

Thank you.

Just an FYI about the definition of "drowning".

There are some definitions that will state that one can drown and not be deceased.

Here is one: Drowning is the process of experiencing respiratory impairment from submersion/immersion in liquid.

Praying for this family and this little guy.

Because it's none of our business and the family has not made a statement?

It is natural for people to be curious as to how he is doing. To wonder if he survived and if so will he be ok in the long run.

When we were on Freedom in April there were several sizes of life jackets readily available. Also, staff was posted near the children's pool. They were not life guards, just staff.

I am not familiar with the pool layout on all class ships....however I am curious as to why on Freedom class they have a 6ft deep pool in the children's area that is tucked way in the back near a lot of other structures. I can see where a parent may miss the depth of that particular pool the first day on board. I firmly believe those pools need to be shallower in the children's area.