Majority of aft balconys on Escape July 16 vacant!

yogi636

We saw the same thing with our Escape May cruise. All the aft balconies were vacant. But the price they were charging was ridiculous! We booked a guarantee balcony originally and we're hoping to be assigned to an aft but then upgraded to Haven for not much more money.

Is the price super high?

Lauri

We saw the same thing with our Escape May cruise. All the aft balconies were vacant. But the price they were charging was ridiculous! We booked a guarantee balcony originally and we're hoping to be assigned to an aft but then upgraded to Haven for not much more money.

Is the price super high?

Lauri

1549 down from 1799. Of course all the aft havens are gone and have been gone for a while. Up sells to havens are still at 750 per person.

Maybe it's because they are pricier and their balcony is hotter to sit out than the side balcony cabins.

I wouldn't get a stern balcony cabin for the Caribbean milk runs in the height of summer season. I'd rather pay the difference to use Vibe.

P.S. the side balconies are bigger (wider) on Escape than the BA and GA, but it's the other way around for the stern balconies. :rolleyes:

It's likely they are not empty, just unassigned. Meaning there are people with Guarantee bookings that will eventually be assigned those staterooms.

Same reason a seatmap for a particular flight is not an indicator of load factor.

Any time I see empty aft cabins it's usually a sign that the ship is heavily booked by rookie cruisers who shopped primarily on price and don't understand the added benefit these rooms often provide - better views. larger balcony etc. Summer cruises attract more first timers and families and hence why these rooms don't book out. Most experienced cruisers avoid the Caribbean in the summer.

I wonder if the previous occupants just got upsold to the Haven. Two weeks out is when the Upsell Desk is working their hardest. Coincidentally, it's also when I see a bunch of threads pop up about "upsold from aft balcony to Haven!" Aft balconies are prime real estate, typically the first to sell out.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Edited by cruiselovincouple

how is this room for people who can have balance issues, I have MS and am scared i made wrong choice,, we are going in Dec. to the Caribean, st thomas, etc.. ? i'm going to be asking also for some help with as far as any excursions that we would be able to take our scooters, we can not to beach,, but shopping is always interesting,, please any help about anything would be appreciated ?