customer advocate contact/sr management?

tcsmithh

Hi everyone,

we have a little situation here and i was wondering if any of you more seasoned celebrity cruisers might be able to help.....we went to pay our balance for a sailing and the price has effectively doubled. We booked this on-board last year and the itinerary for the sailing has changed due to salesforce reserving the ship as a floating hotel in SF. celebrity updated our conformation with the new itinerary and honored the price we had booked. As we always do, this transferred to a TA when we got home. he states that celebrity has not given him any reason for this price increase and it seems celebrity will not talk to me at all. so my question is, does anybody know any contacts within Celebrity that could explain why the price has increased or possibly resolve this?

very frustrating!

thanks in advance :)

-tom

Hi everyone,

we have a little situation here and i was wondering if any of you more seasoned celebrity cruisers might be able to help.....we went to pay our balance for a sailing and the price has effectively doubled. We booked this on-board last year and the itinerary for the sailing has changed due to salesforce reserving the ship as a floating hotel in SF. celebrity updated our conformation with the new itinerary and honored the price we had booked. As we always do, this transferred to a TA when we got home. he states that celebrity has not given him any reason for this price increase and it seems celebrity will not talk to me at all. so my question is, does anybody know any contacts within Celebrity that could explain why the price has increased or possibly resolve this?

very frustrating!

-tom

I wouldn't hold my breathe. Your fare isn't guaranteed until you pay in full. Maybe someone else has a solution. I know no cruise line likes seeing complaints on Facebook. I'd post it there.

Your TA should be handling this for you. Was the amount correct when the reservation was transferred to the TA? If the price changed since he had the booking it is up to him to provide the documentation on the original booking & what the price was when it was transferred. Once booked the price should not change.

Sounds like he doesn't want to do his job.

There is something missing from this story. Is your current reseration number the same as when you booked. Perhaps the TA "helpfully" booked you as part of a group or similar.

This is clearly (to me) a TA issue, not a celebrity issue. Cruise prices do not change after you book and make a deposit.

You don't need Celebrity's contact information...you will only slow things down and confuse the issue.

Your TA should be handling this for you. Was the amount correct when the reservation was transferred to the TA? If the price changed since he had the booking it is up to him to provide the documentation on the original booking & what the price was when it was transferred. Once booked the price should not change.

Sounds like he doesn't want to do his job.

Read your contract. Mine says in black and white that the fare isn't guaranteed until final payment is made. I agree they should honor the price on the booking, but in my experience, Celebrity doing the right thing isn't always going to happen.

Your fare isn't guaranteed until you pay in full. .

I don't believe that to be true. You book a cruise with a deposit, is that not a contract to an agreed upon price? Cruise rates change all the time which would suggest the vast majority of bookings would have rate changes 75 days out.

Hi everyone,

very frustrating!

-tom

Hi Tcsmith,

Agree with the previous posts, that your getting involved is all but impossible. As your TA is holding the booking, they are the folks who need to contact Celebrity and resolve the situation. At the very least, they need to resolve it, or offer you an explanation as to why the price has changed. With that said, it's impossible to understand why the price may have increased, unless they claim there was no deposit on the booking. Again, this would be a TA issue.

I highly recommend speaking with your TA as soon as possible. Please let us know the outcome and good luck !

I don't believe that to be true. You book a cruise with a deposit, is that not a contract to an agreed upon price? Cruise rates change all the time which would suggest the vast majority of bookings would have rate changes 75 days out.

I've always known Celebrity to honor the booked price, even if the price increases.... as long as there's a deposit on the booking. Hope this helps !

Hi everyone,

we have a little situation here and i was wondering if any of you more seasoned celebrity cruisers might be able to help.....we went to pay our balance for a sailing and the price has effectively doubled. We booked this on-board last year and the itinerary for the sailing has changed due to salesforce reserving the ship as a floating hotel in SF. celebrity updated our conformation with the new itinerary and honored the price we had booked. does anybody know any contacts within Celebrity that could explain why the price has increased or possibly resolve this?

very frustrating!

-tom

Tom

pls try to contact CEO office via email CelebrityOneTouch@celebrity.com.

Hope it helps,

Mike

thank you all for your comments, a little more background.....

we booked this trip on the Silhouette march last year(with deposit). it was originally supposed to be a 10 night abc cruise with and over-night in Aruba. The shipped was chartered by salesforce in san francisco. Our itinerary changed from the 10 night abc to a 16 night canal transit east. our cruise reservations up updated with the new itinerary and the original pricing was honored.

when we went to make final payment, our ta stated there was a problem and was working with his inside person. as of now that has gone nowhere and x has sent new booking reservations with the same res number at double the price......

our ta says x will not give him an answer and x tells us that we need to have our ta call them....very frustrating and final payment is due in 5 days.

thank you all for your comments, a little more background.....

we booked this trip on the Silhouette march last year(with deposit). it was originally supposed to be a 10 night abc cruise with and over-night in Aruba. The shipped was chartered by salesforce in san francisco. Our itinerary changed from the 10 night abc to a 16 night canal transit east. our cruise reservations up updated with the new itinerary and the original pricing was honored.

when we went to make final payment, our ta stated there was a problem and was working with his inside person. as of now that has gone nowhere and x has sent new booking reservations with the same res number at double the price......

our ta says x will not give him an answer and x tells us that we need to have our ta call them....very frustrating and final payment is due in 5 days.

I have never heard or read of Celebrity honoring an itinerary change with the same pricing as the original booking. I just do not see Celebrity giving you the same price for a 16 night Panama Canal as your original 10 night Caribbean itinerary.

I have never heard or read of Celebrity honoring an itinerary change with the same pricing as the original booking. I just do not see Celebrity giving you the same price for a 16 night Panama Canal as your original 10 night Caribbean itinerary.

thanks, but they did. it would have probably been better if they had just cancelled our booking and let us be upset customers for a bit. but now i have non refundable airfare purchased and am unwilling to eat the tickets. please know that i am not looking for sympathy, i just want to find a contact person in Celebrity that will discuss frankly with me why this has changed.

thanks all!

-tom

Hi Tcsmith,

Agree with the previous posts, that your getting involved is all but impossible. As your TA is holding the booking, they are the folks who need to contact Celebrity and resolve the situation. At the very least, they need to resolve it, or offer you an explanation as to why the price has changed. With that said, it's impossible to understand why the price may have increased, unless they claim there was no deposit on the booking. Again, this would be a TA issue.

I highly recommend speaking with your TA as soon as possible. Please let us know the outcome and good luck !

Thank you Andy,

i had a very long conversation with him yesterday.....he is as frustrated as we are...There was a deposit paid when we booked the sailing last year, all of our documentation reflects it. I will be back on the phone with the TA Tuesday to seek updated. Hopefully this works out.....

thanks again & happy 4th

-tom

So, X handled your onboard booking, but then effectively canceled that voyage. This is a too common problem with several mass market lines where they agree to charter or accept large groups on previously booked cruises...or decide to do a major itinerary change. This is a reason why some folks do not like booking cruises too far in advance.

What can you do? In your situation the ball is really in your travel agencies court and the result may depend on the amount of clout (and effort) they spend on your behalf. As it typical of Celebrity, once you transfer to an agency they will not want to have any direct dealings with the passenger. You might try calling the Captain's Club office and see if they are willing to work on your behalf (the answer will likely be no). In the final result, if you get no satisfaction you might consider taking your business to another cruise line. One final option is to contract a consumer travel advocate such as

http://elliott.org or perhaps Wendy Perin.

Hank

So, X handled your onboard booking, but then effectively canceled that voyage. This is a too common problem with several mass market lines where they agree to charter or accept large groups on previously booked cruises...or decide to do a major itinerary change. This is a reason why some folks do not like booking cruises too far in advance.

What can you do? In your situation the ball is really in your travel agencies court and the result may depend on the amount of clout (and effort) they spend on your behalf. As it typical of Celebrity, once you transfer to an agency they will not want to have any direct dealings with the passenger. You might try calling the Captain's Club office and see if they are willing to work on your behalf (the answer will likely be no). In the final result, if you get no satisfaction you might consider taking your business to another cruise line. One final option is to contract a consumer travel advocate such as

http://elliott.org or perhaps Wendy Perin.

Hank

Thank you Hank,

I will check ellior and/or wendy perin tuesday when everybody is back to work.

have a happy 4th

-tom

Do you have any written documentation that they would charge you the same price you booked on the new, longer cruise? Ultimately, that's what you need....otherwise it's a "he said, she said" situation.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Edited by ghstudio

Do you have any written documentation that they would charge you the same price you booked on the new, longer cruise? Ultimately, that's what you need....otherwise it's a "he said, she said" situation.

yes, i have the updated booking(after they changed from ABC to panama transit) confirmation's with the new itinerary and the cruise fare.

thanks

-tom

yes, i have the updated booking(after they changed from ABC to panama transit) confirmation's with the new itinerary and the cruise fare.

thanks

-tom

Wonderful! Now you will find out just how good of TA you have. It seems with written documentation she shouldn't have to fight too hard.

thanks

-tom

Great. With that in hand, it's clearly your TAs problem to resolve with celebrity....stay out of it and only work through your TA. You should prevail but it may be painful getting the resolution.

Great. With that in hand, it's clearly your TAs problem to resolve with celebrity....stay out of it and only work through your TA. You should prevail but it may be painful getting the resolution.

that will make the vacation all that sweeter.....if it happens :)

thanks again all for the assistance

-tom

Thank you Hank,

I will check ellior and/or wendy perin tuesday when everybody is back to work.

have a happy 4th

-tom

I should have been somewhat clearer about one of the best online advocates. You want to go to forum.elliott.org. This guy (not competition to CC) has been a staunch travel consumer advocate for many years. If he thinks you have a legitimate complaint, and finds it interesting, it will become a goal for them to help solve your problem. Many travel organizations do not want to become a major topic on a consumer advocacy site....and this can sometimes be a very effective tool.

Hank

I should have been somewhat clearer about one of the best online advocates. You want to go to forum.elliott.org. This guy (not competition to CC) has been a staunch travel consumer advocate for many years. If he thinks you have a legitimate complaint, and finds it interesting, it will become a goal for them to help solve your problem. Many travel organizations do not want to become a major topic on a consumer advocacy site....and this can sometimes be a very effective tool.

Hank

Thanks Hank,

i am on there and have started a thread. the people responding are very thoughtful and helpful.....

http://forum.elliott.org/threads/celebrity-double-our-confirmed-cruise-fare.3513/

thanks again and happy 4th

-tom

It may not be exactly the same, but..

We were booked on the Summit b2b Jan.2017.

Lo and behold they chartered it.

So, they offered us similar dates on the Equinox at the Summit price.

It was Take it or Leave it! We took it!

We prefer the Summit itinerary, but there was nothing else comparable.

Good luck!

It may not be exactly the same' date=' but..

We were booked on the Summit b2b Jan.2017.

Lo and behold they chartered it.

So, they offered us similar dates on the Equinox at the Summit price.

It was Take it or Leave it! We took it!

We prefer the Summit itinerary, but there was nothing else comparable.

Good luck![/quote']

yea a conversation would have been nice, but X chose to rebook us on the "new" itinerary.

thanks

-tom