OBC when booking onboard?

M&Dcruisers

I was a little surprised to see we only got a $75 OBC when booking a 15 night transpacific cruise while onboard. Does anybody if this is the correct amount? I realize trans ocean cruises don't get perks, but $75 for 15 nights seems really skimpy.

Yes, that sounds right. It may sound skimpy, but you did get an excellent fare for that TransAtlantic that should more than make up for OBC. Oh, and I transfer my Future Cruise booking to my travel agent on that TransAtlantic who gives us an additional $200 - $300 OBC from her pocket.

Edited by El Crucero

Yes, that sounds right. It may sound skimpy, but you did get an excellent fare for that TransAtlantic that should more than make up for OBC. Oh, and I transfer my Future Cruise booking to my travel agent on that TransAtlantic who gives us an additional $200 - $300 OBC from her pocket.

We are on a TA from Barcelona in October and again got the $75 OBC which my travel agent said was coming from their company. If that is correct I will apply for a $250 shareholder credit. If she did not tell me the truth and that $75 is coming from Celebrity, then you CANNOT combine ANY OBC with the Shareholder credit...........and if that happens I will be VERY unhappy and find a new agent for all future bookings.

I was a little surprised to see we only got a $75 OBC when booking a 15 night transpacific cruise while onboard. Does anybody if this is the correct amount? I realize trans ocean cruises don't get perks, but $75 for 15 nights seems really skimpy.

$75 OBC for ANY 15 night cruise IS INDEED really skimpy. Try booking through an online travel agency instead of onboard. I just got a 14night T/A on Brilliance OTS in April, in an Ocean View cabin for $699pp... but I am getting $300 OBC all from the agency, and another $250 OBC from the shareholder benefit. :cool:

If you are into trans ocean cruises and have the flexibility...WAIT to book until AFTER final payment. The deals are utterly insane... and getting your plane tickets through AIR2SEA avoids the high cost of booking air travel close to departure.

The deals on transatlantic cruises this past April were as low as I have EVER seen them... 13 night Constellation TA was only $349pp, 14 night T/A on Equinox was $404pp, and 16 night T/A on Reflection was $499pp!!!

We are on a TA from Barcelona in October and again got the $75 OBC which my travel agent said was coming from their company. If that is correct I will apply for a $250 shareholder credit. If she did not tell me the truth and that $75 is coming from Celebrity, then you CANNOT combine ANY OBC with the Shareholder credit...........and if that happens I will be VERY unhappy and find a new agent for all future bookings.

You are correct about the details of the shareholder benefit not being combinable with ANY perk/OBC from Celebrity. You just need to find the right agency that will give you more than $75 OBC. ;)

Edited by teecee60

I always thought you got a skimpy OBC on TAs/TPs because the fares were quite low. However, it seems Celebrity is defining more cruises to be repositioning cruises. We booked, onboard, one from Singapore to Abu Dhabi and got $100 OBC, nothing else. Fare in AQ is $3349 (14 days) not exactly a bargain. Does anyone know if you can get them to take back the $100 OBC so you can apply the shareholder credit?

I always thought you got a skimpy OBC on TAs/TPs because the fares were quite low. However, it seems Celebrity is defining more cruises to be repositioning cruises. We booked, onboard, one from Singapore to Abu Dhabi and got $100 OBC, nothing else. Fare in AQ is $3349 (14 days) not exactly a bargain. Does anyone know if you can get them to take back the $100 OBC so you can apply the shareholder credit?

Yes, I did this last October on an Westbound on Silhouette. They only gave $100, so turned it in for the $250 shareholder.

Thanks Wine-O, I knew someone would have the answer. We will plan on doing that.

Would appreciate an update on what you did to remove OBC and if that worked out. In the past if i had ANY OBC I was denied the shareholder credit and the SC was NOT substituted by X for the existing OBC or perk.

THANKS

Edited by OBX-Cruisers

Would appreciate an update on what you did to remove OBC and if that worked out. In the past if i had ANY OBC I was denied the shareholder credit and the SC was NOT substituted by X for the existing OBC or perk.

THANKS

I will definitely give you an update but this cruise is a long way off...Apr 2018. We did not transfer it to our usual TA since they charge for cancellation and we're not sure we will go through with it at this point, if the prices do not drop. We are booked on a B2B and the second leg is much more reasonable being about $1100pp less which I would expect with a repositioning cruise.

Edited by TeaBag

We only received $100 OBC booking our TA onboard, but in the email there was a thank you for out past cruise with $150. We asked for the $150 to be used in place of the$100. In addition, we sent it to our TA and got an additional $200 for $350. We don't pay a fee for canceling if we replace a cruise with another. Yes, this is the very smallest amount of OBC we have ever gotten, along with no perks!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by Lastdance

Have never had any trouble getting the higher of the two credits when we applied for shareholder OBC so not sure why you did. We just applied for shareholder and the lesser OBC was removed by Celebrity

Thank you for the comment. I will be applying later this week for a cruise in October and post on this thread know how it went.

We are booked on on a 2/24/18 15 night Singapore to Abu Dhabi. Are you on that sailing?? Not really a repositioning but classified by X that way. We were looking for Aqua or Suites(doing B2B with R/T Singapore). We found some TAs with what I thought was pretty good OBC -$500-$700 for Aqua, more for Suites. So if you can still transfer to a TA & drop the $100 in favor of shareholder OBC you could have a nice deal. We opted to book a Suite, no OBC but a "special contracted fare" (group) which was 19% cheaper than Celebrity was offering.

We are booked on on a 2/24/18 15 night Singapore to Abu Dhabi. Are you on that sailing?? Not really a repositioning but classified by X that way. We were looking for Aqua or Suites(doing B2B with R/T Singapore). We found some TAs with what I thought was pretty good OBC -$500-$700 for Aqua, more for Suites. So if you can still transfer to a TA & drop the $100 in favor of shareholder OBC you could have a nice deal. We opted to book a Suite, no OBC but a "special contracted fare" (group) which was 19% cheaper than Celebrity was offering.

No, we are on the April 7 2018 sailing, and Apr 22, Abu Dhabi to Rome. We are beyond the 60 days now so not possible to transfer at this point. I am amazed at the OBC you got and will definitely have to give the whole thing another look. I check a German site for occupancy and I find the cruise is well booked already except for AQ 1 which only has a few cabins booked. Perhaps all these booked cabins have been taken by TA's to resell? We just completed a B2B2B Singapore to Vancouver. We got the perks (all 3) on the first leg and the last one but the section from Sydney to Honolulu was declared repositioning which we understood. Just could not fathom why Honolulu to Vancouver was not repositioning also as Millennium was repositioning to Vancouver for the Alaska season. I think it is just what Celebrity wants to designate as repositioning and we have to like it or go elsewhere.