Summit Bermuda Review June 2016

LA_CA_GAL

la_ca_gal

what was the taxi cost to sb water sports. we have a boston whaler waiting for us!

thanks,

ezemoney

Can't say. I was by myself, and they stopped one of the taxis going to Horseshoe Bay and got me in that.

I offered the driver $15 and he wouldn't take it, left him $10 .... told him he had to take it.

I told Harry at Somerset the story, and he re-imbursed me for the $10. It is their policy to pay for your cab fare to their place.

Having experience with Boston Whalers, you should have a great time. Enjoy.

Seriously thinking about doing it again. And again.

Thanks for your review -- looking forward to seeing more! :D We leave Sunday for our third cruise to Bermuda, however our first on Celebrity - always a new adventure :)

Great review! Looking forward to our first X cruise & first time to Bermuda.

Did you happen to see if the dockyard wifi (I think it's available more than just there) was still being offered? Last I saw anyone mention it was 2015 posts.

It is still available. I didn't buy it since I had the Summit's unlimited WiFi.

It is still available. I didn't buy it since I had the Summit's unlimited WiFi.

Perfect. Thanks! We have AT&T so we plan to add the cellular at sea (talk & text) just to keep in minimal contact with the kids & grandma & have an emergency phone on land. We figured if we could get wifi for the $15 it'd been offered at, we'd save some $, and limit our availabiliy.

Great information and pictures! We're just going last minute and could only get an OV for August 7th sailing.

What is the port itself like? Easy to get around? Did you explore anything there?

Thanks so much!

The port is fine. But, when we were there, we were the only ship in port which was great.

We found it very easy to get around. One day we did a shuttle to Horseshoe Bay. We also took ferries and visited both St. George's which was pretty cool, and we ferried over to Hamilton for the Wednesday night festival.

Great review! Looking forward to our first X cruise & first time to Bermuda.

Did you happen to see if the dockyard wifi (I think it's available more than just there) was still being offered? Last I saw anyone mention it was 2015 posts.

Jumping in to say that yes, they still have the dockyard wifi, but DH said it was miserably slow, pretty much to the point of being useless. However, we used Titan shuttles to and from Horseshoe Bay - they have free wifi on their shuttles and it was great!

The port is fine. But, when we were there, we were the only ship in port which was great.

We found it very easy to get around. One day we did a shuttle to Horseshoe Bay. We also took ferries and visited both St. George's which was pretty cool, and we ferried over to Hamilton for the Wednesday night festival.

Is Harbour Night ( the Wednesday festivity) worth attending? I hear the ferry over to Hamilton gets filled quickly so we were debating staying longer in Hamilton that day just to catch the festivity. Not sure how tired everyone will be after a day out but, if it's worth it, we'll make the effort. Thanks!

Is Harbour Night ( the Wednesday festivity) worth attending? I hear the ferry over to Hamilton gets filled quickly so we were debating staying longer in Hamilton that day just to catch the festivity. Not sure how tired everyone will be after a day out but, if it's worth it, we'll make the effort. Thanks!

It is a street fair. Runs between 7 and 10. Local artists have tables. Vendors sell some food. At 7:30 Gombey dancers who are part of Bermuda's cultural tradition will dance down Front Street. They dress in colorful costumes and includes many child dancers. I would say it is worth attending but it is not a must do. The last three years I went two out of three. I didn't go this year. As far as the ferries I always take the ferry with no problem. We take the 6:30 ferry because that is good timing with the fair starting at 7:00. It is a 20 minute ride. If we wanted more time in Hamilton before the fair we could taken the 5:30 or an earlier ferry. Never had any problem with filled ferries. That includes the return. The last ferry is 10:30 for the festival and they put on an extra ferry between 10 and 10:30. We stay late because we go to an Irish Pub called Flanagans before heading back but you could head back at 8:30, 9:30, or 10:00. So as I said I think it is worth doing, but but it is also something you can skip without losing any sleep over missing it.

d8c1e8c47d99476a470a05120e31f9db.jpg

5b0748634c9415167cb087143793863e.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I've been to Bermuda 4xs and will be there again in August.

Never went to Harbor Night in the past, and don't plan on it this upcoming trip.

Just feel it isn't such a big deal, but to each his own.

I feel the same....that it's no big deal, just a street fair, but I like all the hullaballoo in Hamilton and will probably go there again.

It is a street fair. Runs between 7 and 10. Local artists have tables. Vendors sell some food. At 7:30 Gombey dancers who are part of Bermuda's cultural tradition will dance down Front Street. They dress in colorful costumes and includes many child dancers. I would say it is worth attending but it is not a must do. The last three years I went two out of three. I didn't go this year. As far as the ferries I always take the ferry with no problem. We take the 6:30 ferry because that is good timing with the fair starting at 7:00. It is a 20 minute ride. If we wanted more time in Hamilton before the fair we could taken the 5:30 or an earlier ferry. Never had any problem with filled ferries. That includes the return. The last ferry is 10:30 for the festival and they put on an extra ferry between 10 and 10:30. We stay late because we go to an Irish Pub called Flanagans before heading back but you could head back at 8:30, 9:30, or 10:00. So as I said I think it is worth doing, but but it is also something you can skip without losing any sleep over missing it.

d8c1e8c47d99476a470a05120e31f9db.jpg

5b0748634c9415167cb087143793863e.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Agree with you on the ferries, we have had no problem going and returning either. Lines are long at the popular return times but not that big of a deal.

I've been to Bermuda 4xs and will be there again in August.

Never went to Harbor Night in the past, and don't plan on it this upcoming trip.

Just feel it isn't such a big deal, but to each his own.

Same for us. We have been to Bermuda 5 times and have never been to Harbor Nights. No real incentive to go.

Same for us. We have been to Bermuda 5 times and have never been to Harbor Nights. No real incentive to go.

Oh, AnnaMarie -- the Gombey Dancers make it worth the trip. It helps if you can find a window-side or balcony table at one of the Front Street restaurants (Flanagan's is my favorite)! :cool: