Having getaway problem

otto2

Problem with TA. I keep asking to price out a thanksgiving cruise to Caribbean on getaway. We are 4 family members who only have this week. T A keeps pushing other lines.. We are cruisers. We have used this TA. Before. But never NCL. Is There a problem with Getzway. Or is it me!

I think it's time to get a new TA. We love the Getaway! Not sure how the different lines give the TAs their commissions, but maybe NCL doesn't give yours as much as other lines do. But either way, I definitely recommend the Getaway.

Problem with TA. I keep asking to price out a thanksgiving cruise to Caribbean on getaway. We are 4 family members who only have this week. T A keeps pushing other lines.. We are cruisers. We have used this TA. Before. But never NCL. Is There a problem with Getzway. Or is it me!

Sounds like a problem with TA who is 1) not doing what you asked and 2) not communicating with you the reason they are not doing what you ask

No problem that I can see. We just finished a 7-day on the Getaway, and service and food were on par with Celebrity. Two movie screens, waterparks, 18 restaurants, and friendliest most helpful staff ever.

we stopped going thru our travel agent because she is with AAA and always tried to push us away from ncl and toward royal caribbean. we love both but really enjoy the haven.

Remind the TA that you are the one paying and so he is working for you. If he won't do what you are wanting tell him you are taking your business elsewhere.

AND tell your friends!!

There's nothing better than "word of mouth" about both the good and the bad.

The correct answer from your TA should have been, "I can't get you any perks on NCL, but I can on insert cruise line here, I would be happy to book either for you though."

Dump this TA and find one who will say the above, or keep this one for the cruise line they are pushing and find a new one for NCL, no one says you can't have more than one TA.

Really appreciate your comments. I was beginning to doubt my own mind, thinking there was something weird about getaway. Probably will go backg and present my case one more time with Feeling. I have a good idea of prices and perks.

Since you have a relationship with your TA I would recommend telling them how you are feeling. There could be a reason or a concern. If they've provided you good service before why assume the worst now?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I have talked a lot about the Getaway and the Escape at work and a co worker who has never cruised finally contacted a TA to look into them. The TA completely bashed NCL to her. Said all of the ships were old and poor service. Crazy since both ships are new.

Made me upset as it put a bad taste in her moth now about cruising and NCL. Same as OP they pushed Carnival and Royal.

I wonder what NCL has done to some of these TA's or if their commissions are just lower.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Really appreciate your comments. I was beginning to doubt my own mind, thinking there was something weird about getaway. Probably will go backg and present my case one more time with Feeling. I have a good idea of prices and perks.

That's very admirable that you will go back and present your case one more time..... my question to you, what is the confidence level that if the TA concedes and books NCL that they will pursue upgrades, better promotions, etc if they weren't willing to work "for you" in the first place?

I wouldn't use this TA if he was the last one on earth. What will happen if you want to change something? If he is that much against NCL that he would lie to you about the age of their ships, he would probably tell you he can't reach NCL to make a change.

This thread is so discouraging for me. I have sailed NCL, ALMOST exclusively for the last 20 years or so. With all the recent changes, I would like to try something else, but I just don't feel like researching. Now I feel like I can't really trust a TA to listen to me and make suggestions. UGH!!! So confused!:confused:

The TA I had for my past 2 cruises (that I was very happy with) left the company. They assigned me someone new and let's just say we didn't mesh well. I found a cruise I was interested in and posted for quotes on cruise compete. Found a new TA that I think I will use for all my future cruises. He encouraged me to give NCL a try! Discouraged me from Carnival after I told him a bit about our interests and my family. With the promos that NCL is offering right now, the great price for Epic and it was at a port of my choice, I couldn't pass it up. I have only used RC in the past and loved it. Hoping I love NCL just as much.

Edited by lauhines
spelling correction

This thread is so discouraging for me. I have sailed NCL, ALMOST exclusively for the last 20 years or so. With all the recent changes, I would like to try something else, but I just don't feel like researching. Now I feel like I can't really trust a TA to listen to me and make suggestions. UGH!!! So confused!:confused:

Why would ONE person's bad experience with a lousy TA discourage you?? If I came on here and said that I had a lousy cheeseburger at McDonald's ... would you give up on ever going to McDonald's again?

Don't let one bad TA scare you....

Is this post a joke?

Out of hundreds of thousands of travel agents, do you think this one experience with one agent is identical to all experiences? Seriously? Good grief, people.

No, it's not a joke. It's just a reminder that everyone has his or her own agenda. I contacted two different travel agents in the last week and neither has returned my call.

So if/when I find a TA who returns my call, I have the further thought, (which I hadn't previously considered) of wondering what their agenda might be.

Like I said, I find it DISCOURAGING. Not the end of the world.

I contacted same TA, thanking same for having our interests at heart and that I understood same TA was looking out for our benefit.

Then I reposted requests being very specific.

TA researched my requests, and is holding three rooms until I pay deposit.

Thank you all for a spirited chat.

In truth I guess I felt more loyalty to TA than the reverse. It is just business. I am so looking forward to Getawsy.

Merci. Encore

If you are going to spend thousands of your hard earned money on a cruise, why WOULDN'T you do your own research to find out what other line your would like? It's not rocket science, just put a bit of effort in to it.

The TA will give you advice but ultimately it is your choice.

Edited by ColinIllinois

If you are going to spend thousands of your hard earned money on a cruise, why WOULDN'T you do your own research to find out what other line your would like? It's not rocket science, just put a bit of effort in to it.

The TA will give you advice but ultimately it is your choice.

Our first cruise together was before the Internet. We used a coworker's sister in law as a TA. We had originally had an RCL booked based on my research with those little brochures and big, glossy books that used to be readily available.

She talked us out of it an on to a Carnival ship( mid nineties) . The food was so bad that we ate roast beef sandwiches in our cabin and fled the boat as soon as it docked in each port. It was simply wretched all around.

Now I love doing all my own research. Can do it in my phone or computer or IPad while hanging around the house, sitting and waiting for an appointment- it doesn't take that much time.. I no longer use a TA unless I make the decision first and see if the can offer anything else.