Upsell from Window Suite to Full Suite?

Cruise Raider

Has anyone ever had this happen to them .... an upsell offer from a window suite to a full suite?

I know these offers are rare and see a LOT of posts from people that were offered an upsell from an oceanview room to a balcony, a mini suite to a full suite, and even an oceanview to a window suite, etc ... but I have yet to see a comment where someone from a window suite was offered an upsell from a window suite to a full suite. Does this exist ... or better yet, has anyone have any first hand knowledge of this happening?

Edited by Cruise Raider

I had a friend (she was traveling solo...since I couldn't make this voyage). Booked in a Window Suite. Up graded to a Sun Suite (for free). Could happen.

Wow....good to know. Not sure what a sun suite is but sounds like it was better than the window suite.

SUN SUITE??

are you sure you are talking about Princess?

we stay in suites and have never heard of it

May be Sun deck on the Golden.

They added suites and outside cabins. in 2009.

Edited by Colo Cruiser

I meant balcony suite ... sorry for the confusion.
Yes, we had an upsell offer to move from a balcony guarantee to a penthouse suite on the Caribbean Princess. It came through our travel agent 24 days before our cruise. The cost was $199 per person plus the increased cost in insurance. It was just a three-day cruise, which we were doing back-to-back with the following four-day cruise, so I turned it down. I probably would have grabbed it for a longer cruise. We ended up in an accessible balcony cabin on the Baja Deck and were able to enjoy extra room without the suite benefits after all.

We accepted an upsell from a minisuite to a full suite on the Regal Princess Spring TA. We're all ready Elite so many of the suite benefits were all ready available. However the extra room, the Sabatini's breakfast and even having two tvs was well worth it. Also the concierge lounge which happened to be very close was great for cappucino and snacks. I think it was a $399 pp upgrade.

Yes, we had an upsell offer to move from a balcony guarantee to a penthouse suite on the Caribbean Princess. It came through our travel agent 24 days before our cruise. The cost was $199 per person plus the increased cost in insurance. It was just a three-day cruise, which we were doing back-to-back with the following four-day cruise, so I turned it down. I probably would have grabbed it for a longer cruise. We ended up in an accessible balcony cabin on the Baja Deck and were able to enjoy extra room without the suite benefits after all.

We accepted an upsell from a minisuite to a full suite on the Regal Princess Spring TA. We're all ready Elite so many of the suite benefits were all ready available. However the extra room, the Sabatini's breakfast and even having two tvs was well worth it. Also the concierge lounge which happened to be very close was great for cappucino and snacks. I think it was a $399 pp upgrade.

Everyone knows about those upgrades/upsells.... What Cruise Raider wanted to know is anyone has been upgraded from a window suite to a regular suite.

Edited by Working 2 Cruise

I thought I answered that question with a "Yes". She was booked in a Window Suite (Golden) and free upgraded (not upsell) to a balcony suite on the Sun Deck. AND she was traveling solo.

I thought I answered that question with a "Yes". She was booked in a Window Suite (Golden) and free upgraded (not upsell) to a balcony suite on the Sun Deck. AND she was traveling solo.

Good news!! I am trying a suite for my first time in what will be over 50 cruises, most of which have been on Princess. My DH always loves a balcony but we just really wanted to check out the suite benefits without the really high price of a balcony suite. I was just wondering if anyone had ever been upgraded or more likely, offered an upsell from a window suite to a balcony suite ... and I see that it has been offered at least once. Thanks! I know these upsells and more so, upgrades are rare so we will be happy either way. :)

Good news!! I am trying a suite for my first time in what will be over 50 cruises, most of which have been on Princess. My DH always loves a balcony but we just really wanted to check out the suite benefits without the really high price of a balcony suite. I was just wondering if anyone had ever been upgraded or more likely, offered an upsell from a window suite to a balcony suite ... and I see that it has been offered at least once. Thanks! I know these upsells and more so, upgrades are rare so we will be happy either way. :)

I'm a solo cruiser and I love the window suites. I've got one booked in February and my only option was to book it as a "guarantee" - so, who knows what kind of suite I will end up in.

I love the layout of the window suites much better than the layout in the Vista Suites - those are the only two suites I've ever booked. The window suites feel so spacious and there is a crazy amount of storage. But, even without a balcony, you will enjoy the "suite" life. -- My favorite suite perk is breakfast in Sabatini's or Crown Grill (depending on the ship).

I'm a solo cruiser and I love the window suites. I've got one booked in February and my only option was to book it as a "guarantee" - so, who knows what kind of suite I will end up in.

I love the layout of the window suites much better than the layout in the Vista Suites - those are the only two suites I've ever booked. The window suites feel so spacious and there is a crazy amount of storage. But, even without a balcony, you will enjoy the "suite" life. -- My favorite suite perk is breakfast in Sabatini's or Crown Grill (depending on the ship).

I agree...I am not a balcony person. My cabin mate is. Friend is "willing" to book a Window Suite because of the more affordable cost and location. I wish more ships had them. The Caribbean Princess is too big. The Golden is in Australia. That leaves the Grand from San Francisco.

I love the Window Suites and it is my first preference.

Edited by cr8tiv1

Either way, am looking so forward to this. They do book quickly from what I see .. and especially those in the higher numbers. I booked way out for spring of 2018 and the majority of them are already booked. That's crazy!!

I don't think I will mind no balcony too much ... we normally sail on the Emerald deck in the obstructed oceanview. I have come to like the cabins on the lower decks over the years. I am sure I will be happy in the window suite ... which will, incidentally, be my first time ever in a suite. :)