MSC Divina...latest time you can board?

NoName

Our Divina cruise is scheduled to depart from Miami at 7pm. What is the latest time you are allowed to board? I am contemplating a flight that arrives in Fort Lauderdale at 3:53pm. So what time is the absolute "all on board....or you are not coming" time?

Kim

MSC website says you must be onboard two hours before scheduled departure. That would mean 5pm. checked in, not entering the terminal. I would not recommend that flight if arriving in Miami, so it is suicide to consider it from FLL. EM

We have a flight that arrives in Miami at 4:25, I called MSC yesterday and at first I was told we had to check-in by 4:30 so I asked her to send me an email confirming that and the email said absolutely no later than 5:30. It will be costly to book another flight because I would have to switch airlines to get there earlier.

We have a flight that arrives in Miami at 4:25, I called MSC yesterday and at first I was told we had to check-in by 4:30 so I asked her to send me an email confirming that and the email said absolutely no later than 5:30. It will be costly to book another flight because I would have to switch airlines to get there earlier.

YIKES!!!! No offense, but I would have found out this info before booking a flight. IF ...your flight is right on time and by the time you leave the plane, collect your luggage, flag down a cab and get to the port...omg. I wish you all the luck in the world. :eek:

I'm with Champaign: as a risk taker I'm not even sure I would attempt these times.

To the poster flying into Miami: Your best shot at this is to not check any luggage, use a taxi for transportation, and also fly first class or in the first few rows. If Flights on-time, the best you can make a cab (without luggage collection) is 4:45. It's a 25 minute cab fare without traffic. Traffic at that time of the day is going to be problematic. If you check luggage, I do not see how this will work coming into Miami (do a search for MIA luggage handling).

To the poster flying into FLL: Same thing, no checked luggage, front of plane. Please know that many of the shared rides stop taking guests at 3:00 p.m. so that isn't an option even if you weren't time crunched. Plane arrives on-time: quick exit to the curb at 4:15, taxi or Uber (uber does pick up from FLL) is your only bet because you dont' have time to wait for shared rides, but a taxi/uber is going to run you at least $80.00. Note that many uber drivers will not even accept your job at 4:15. They can get you to Miami in 45 minutes or so, but it will take them 3 hours to get from Miami back to FLL at that time of day (assuming they live in FLL).

Any chance to fly in a day earlier? It may actually be cheaper.

Just the thought of 3:53 FLL/4:25 MIA flights on departure day makes me dizzy. One delay - whether your flight is late, luggage lost, or a traffic accident en route to port... You won't make it. What a stressful way to start a vacation! I hope you bought travel insurance, at least!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

By the time you get your luggage it will be after 515 so good luck!!!

Yah, I agree with all said here. I know it is a bad idea....just would save me a bunch of money, so I entertained the thought for a night. But, a clear head prevailed and I am going to pick an alternative flight.

Thanks! Kim

Yah, I agree with all said here. I know it is a bad idea....just would save me a bunch of money, so I entertained the thought for a night. But, a clear head prevailed and I am going to pick an alternative flight.

Thanks! Kim

:):)::::applauso applauso ::::::::):)

• 7 months later...

I think 2:25 into Miami is still too close for comfort. If your flight is delayed, baggage lost, or an issue with transportation/traffic, you won't get there on time. I ALWAYS fly into a port city the day before. I'm cruising on the DIVINA on Saturday, and I'm flying into Miami on Friday afternoon. If you can't fly in a day earlier, at least try for the morning of. That will at least buy yourself several hours.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I see that the OP changed her flight, but a second poster was talking about a late flight into Miami.

Remember. there is bad rush hour traffic everywhere in the Miami/Ft Lauderdale area.

One accident on the road, and the trip from Miami airport to the port can be a nightmare experience.