What beverages are free?

RoxiRoo

Hello All,

We are on the Regal in 2017 and trying to decide if we really need a drink package. I have looked at Princess website and around this forum a bit, and have not had a lot of luck distilling what beverages are FREE. Just sitting out there, letting us drink them at any time. I am not a big alcohol drinker, but I do drink a ton of water and need my coffee in the morning. A little juice in the morning would be good also.

Is there a list somewhere of what beverages are free without a package or card?

Thank you!

Julie

Most any juice during breakfast hours.

Ice Tea/Regular Tea

Water (from the tap in the HC is really quite good!).

Lemonade

Coffee in the HC and Dining Rooms and Room Service

Champagne at the Champagne Waterfall (but you'll regret it in the morning!):(

Hot Chocolate in the HC

Someone will jump in here if I've forgotten something....

Edited by Murphey

Water and regular coffee will be free. Other cruise lines I've been on (this is my first Princess) also offer tea (both ice and hot), milk and regular juices in the AM (fresh squeezed is usually additional $$).

On the Caribbean Princess (our most recent experience) there was:

tap water--good

Coffee from concentrate

Iced tea from concentrate

Lemonade

Milk

Juices at breakfast

Occasional champagne at receptions/celebrations

There are tea bags available to make hot tea. I brought a large "hot safe" cup and used it to brew tea for iced tea as the concentrate was "OK but not good." Hot water is readily available as is ice.

If you add the "soda and more" package, you get fountain serve Coke products, hot chocolate, canned root beer, milkshakes if your ship has an ice cream outlet, mocktails, and juices 24/7 (not just at breakfast).

You are permitted to carry on board unlimited quantities of any non-acoholic beverage. Wine is limited but permitted.

Edited by moki'smommy

Most any juice during breakfast hours.

Ice Tea/Regular Tea

Water (from the tap in the HC is really quite good!).

Lemonade ( Breakfast and lunch only)

Coffee in the HC and Dining Rooms and Room Service

Champagne at the Champagne Waterfall (but you'll regret it in the morning!):(

Hot Chocolate in the HC ( not worth drinking , made from instant mix)

Someone will jump in here if I've forgotten something....

Get a coffee card to get free brewed coffee , hot chocolate and good tea.

Thank you all.

We are not soda drinkers at all. But I do think we may have to look for the coffee card, especially since the cruise is a fall cruise (and we may need a warm up!).

:)

Thank you all.

We are not soda drinkers at all. But I do think we may have to look for the coffee card, especially since the cruise is a fall cruise (and we may need a warm up!).

You won't have to "look" for a coffee card.

1) Once you get on the ship, walk through the buffet, there will be a table there.

2) Go to the International Cafe and ask to buy one.

3) Go to lunch in the MDR, you'll probably be offered one there.

4) Check your cruise Personalizer before you leave, it can be purchased online.

You won't have to "look" for a coffee card.

1) Once you get on the ship, walk through the buffet, there will be a table there.

2) Go to the International Cafe and ask to buy one.

3) Go to lunch in the MDR, you'll probably be offered one there.

4) Check your cruise Personalizer before you leave, it can be purchased online.

Excellent. :) I may also purchase a bottled water package. :)

Lemonade is available all the time.
I believe that lemonade is not available for breakfast, only lunch and later.

There were lemonade dispensers next to the hot chocolate dispensers in the HC on the Regal but they always seemed to be empty.

Edited by IECalCruiser

But I do think we may have to look for the coffee card, especially since the cruise is a fall cruise (and we may need a warm up!).

The coffee card has two main purposes:

1) Coffee in the buffet, the dining rooms and from room service is at no cost. However, it is made from a syrup (as also happens at many restaurants on land) and not everybody believes this is fit to drink. First try the buffet/dining room coffee. If you like it, no need to buy a coffee card for the fresh brewed. Many have reported that the buffet coffee on the Regal and Royal is better than on most other ships.

2) The coffee card comes with 15 punches for specialty coffees such as lattes. If you want specialty coffees without paying for each one individually, the coffee card is a better deal.

Note that the coffee card cannot be used to get fresh brewed in a dining room, but can be used for a specialty coffee there. It is also not usable with room service.

As a note to the coffee card, it is sharable as well as any un used punches can be used on a future cruise. Last year, it allowed us brewed coffee in MDR for first cruise, so the 2 punches left wont allow me that option next cruise. They didnt punch the card for the brew in MDR.

The soda and more package was my favorite non alcoholic package of any cruise line. There was a sunrise drink that was amazing as was the Nohito. Only downfall was getting service during their 2 for 1 happy hours. They pretty much ignored us. Took our order but never returned.

Edited by Lulubelle45

I believe that lemonade is not available for breakfast, only lunch and later.

There were lemonade dispensers next to the hot chocolate dispensers in the HC on the Regal but they always seemed to be empty.

I think you may be right. I've never asked for it at breakfast.

We bring our own sugar free Cappuccino in a can. It's called D'Vita and I put that in my coffee every morning. You can also make iced sugar free Cappucino or hot with it. I believe a cup of it is $3.50 on the ship and I bring at least 4 cans (on longer cruises). A can is $2.88 - saves us lots of $$$.

Basic question: Is tap water readily available in other areas of the ship (other than individual staterooms)? Will a waiter or bartender get it for you?

Yes. You can walk up to any bar and get a glass of ice water. They usually have a pitcher of ice water at Vines or the bar by the IC. That's the first place we head to after a walk on the Promenade deck.

Yes. You can walk up to any bar and get a glass of ice water. They usually have a pitcher of ice water at Vines or the bar by the IC. That's the first place we head to after a walk on the Promenade deck.

Thank you for the clarification, that's good to hear! (All of the discussion of the stateroom bottled water package was leaving me to wonder . . . .).

On the Royal & Regal Princess, free coffee in the buffet is prepared from grounds. There is regular and decaf. To my taste it is better than the buffet coffee on other Princess ships which is prepared from a liquid concentrate, like many fast food restaurants. If you are only interested in coffee and not the espresso drinks, try it out before you purchase the coffee card. There are also free hot chocolate machines on the Regal. The buffet is open from around 5am to 11pm or midnight.

On the Royal & Regal Princess, free coffee in the buffet is prepared from grounds. There is regular and decaf. To my taste it is better than the buffet coffee on other Princess ships which is prepared from a liquid concentrate, like many fast food restaurants. If you are only interested in coffee and not the espresso drinks, try it out before you purchase the coffee card. There are also free hot chocolate machines on the Regal. The buffet is open from around 5am to 11pm or midnight.
Good point. On other ships DW uses a coffee card for fresh brewed coffee but on the Regal, free brewed coffee from the machines in the Horizon Court made a Coffee Card for fresh brewed coffee unnecessary. DW did use an old card with a few punches to pick up an Americano from the International Cafe as we left for some early tours. Edited by IECalCruiser

I drink it by the gallon, is it readily available? NCL had a iced tea machine at the buffet, which was close to the pool, where can I get my fix?
There are iced tea dispensers in the buffet. The iced tea is from concentrate and can be quite strong.

The free dripped coffee is also available at the IC when the Horizon is closed and no coffee card is required either.