Information for making complaint re. Beverage Policy

I did that math last week...

I know you did. :)

Apparently, some people absolutely *must* have the 1-liter bottles though and cannot bear the thought of the 1/2 liters.

I'm not exactly certain I understand that; however, since I feel strongly about a small amount of soda allowance, I totally get they would be just focusing on the liter bottle comparison across the various cruise lines.

In that case, NCL gives a super deal and I can understand their loyalty to NCL for providing the lower-cost access to the 1-liter bottles. :)

(For the record, water isn't my issue at all - 12 cans of soda would have kept me happy and a continued NCL cruiser. ;))

I don't drink water on cruises with my UBP, but I think they give us a refillable bottle to use for soft drinks, which can be used for water, too!

I've never gotten a refillable bottle with the UBP (and I've had that for several cruises now). Maybe with the soda plan?

I don't drink water on cruises with my UBP, but I think they give us a refillable bottle to use for soft drinks, which can be used for water, too!

Looks like you're an RCCL cruiser -- we got a cup when we were on Liberty OTS last year. Maybe that's what you're remembering?

Had the opportunity to speak to a TA about something and the advice I got....don't book Ncl

I'm going to follow this advice

What an uninformed TA, but based on your comments I suspect that you would not have booked NCL with or without the TA's comments.

What an uninformed TA, but based on your comments I suspect that you would not have booked NCL with or without the TA's comments.

Lol I cruise Ncl all the time and the reason I was speaking to him was to make final payment

You haven't a clue but go ahead be nasty if it makes you feel better

You act like there hasn't been one negative post about Ncl in the last 2 weeks. Lol

I see someone changed their screen name....how obvious can you get. Lol

Let's see joined in 2010 was it?

5 posts...4 of them quite recent I see

Did you just remember the password to your other screen name?

Write them down chief!!

Edited by luvtheships

NCL could charge $.50 per bottle. (A 12 pack to cabin for $6) They can buy at less than $ .10 per bottle and still make large profit. And most would not even bother to carry on water if price is reasonable.

NCL could charge $.50 per bottle. (A 12 pack to cabin for $6) They can buy at less than $ .10 per bottle and still make large profit. And most would not even bother to carry on water if price is reasonable.

And they can do Bingo for 5 dollars a card and sell cappuccino for $2.00 a drink and Beers for $1.00 and Pictures for $3.00 and Cagneys for $5.00 and on and on and on and on.

Go to a sporting event and pay $6.00 for a bottle of water also.

The bottom line is NCl is a publicly traded company responsible to its shareholders to make money. This is not a non profit agency. The easy solution is do what we do and ask the bartender for a glass of ice water, easy peasey and free. If you are not comfortable with that bring a pour over water filter.

If NCL did not have free water on the ship and then charged a crazy price that would be one thing but just drink the tap water, tastes fine

I disagree.

First....the cruise line has no way to know who took their business elsewhere as opposed to those who were going elsewhere all along.

Second...Cruise lines heavily depend on onboard spending for their profits. If you really want to get their attention and/or teach them a lesson, the go on your cruise and either severely reduce or eliminate your onboard spending. Don't give them a chance to replace you with someone who is willing and able to spend.

Aren't they already trying to handle the amount of passengers that severely reduce or eliminate onboard spending by making this new policy? As I would assume that the people that go to the trouble of hauling water and sodas onboard are not the group that is spending a lot onboard....

Aren't they already trying to handle the amount of passengers that severely reduce or eliminate onboard spending by making this new policy? As I would assume that the people that go to the trouble of hauling water and sodas onboard are not the group that is spending a lot onboard....

Uh, yeah...that's why staying and spending nothing sends a better message than leaving and being replaced.

That would be correct. She jumped to Yacht Club around the room service fee rollout IIRC

We've been looking at the MSC boards for when the kids are in college( like we'll be doing Yacht Club with 3 tuitions-aargh!)

My Fiesty sissasmomee is banned...that's a shame.yes, off topic and I don't care!

My online ta who I always book ncl cruises with also was very adamant that it time to look elsewhere

I agree but I too have some certs to use

I'm actually looking forward to moving on from ncl but you can bet I'll grab those rock bottom ncl deals if I can find them when I use those certs v

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I kind of like that NCL is getting inundated with calls. It's not that I think they are going to lower the price of water or change the policy but I think it's good that they are feeling some backlash because it might slow them down just a bit. This is hardly the last change we're going to see to try to increase onboard revenue. I don't know what's next, but you can bet they are looking at everything. Upcharges for seats in the theater. (It's still "free" if you're willing to wait in line and want a crappy seat!) Lowering or eliminating the age for children on excursions. Adding purchasable items at the buffet.

Whatever it is, they are thinking about it. I think to date they have been relying on the fact that incrementalism works in marketing. You make a small jump from A to B. Some complain, but it looks relatively minor. You make a small jump from B to C. Same. You jump from C to D. Doing it this way, most customers lose perspective on how big the difference is between A and D. The danger is that you can push it too far. You can never be completely sure when things will hit critical mass.

Backlash is good, because it slows down the jumps even if slightly. If Chipotle raises fountain drinks 3 cents every two months, it probably has no effect for a long time, until it hits a point where people say, "you want X for a fountain drink, no way". At some point, NCL will start to feel the pressure that it's in danger of hitting that point. Everyone says, "the cabins are still selling," but it doesn't take much for a very modest change in customer behavior to undo years of cost cutting. Even at $50 a case, you need to sell an awful lot of water to make up for the difference between selling at 104 percent occupancy and 102 percent.

As for people saying they would switch but for having a cert, having a cert is not really a reason to cruise NCL if you're fed up with them. Those certs are easy to sell on ebay for more than you paid for them.

As for people saying they would switch but for having a cert, having a cert is not really a reason to cruise NCL if you're fed up with them. Those certs are easy to sell on ebay for more than you paid for them.

Whoa !!! You overshot the landing field with that last statement !!!!

Edited by swedish weave

Whoa !!! You overshot the landing field with that last statement !!!!

I want to use my certs.....book an inside with no perks....it's a great deal for me as my onboard acct will be under $100 and I always have obc

Dsc....eh no big deal per pax per day that I will more than likely prepay and forget about... but you can bet I'm not paying 18% on any free drink or dining deal

I hate the specialties anyway...been to all and not impressed at all... and don't drink enough to pay the 18% free perk nonsense

Ncl has to fill those massive number of mega ship insides somehow...if it's not me at rock bottom pricing it's a fire sale for locals who will also be looking for a deal...or....lol....charters!!! Have fun with that ncl....you will chase your high payers away with that.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Edited by Crusin6

... This is hardly the last change we're going to see to try to increase onboard revenue. I don't know what's next, but you can bet they are looking at everything ... The danger is that you can push it too far. You can never be completely sure when things will hit critical mass.

Backlash is good, because it slows down the jumps even if slightly ... Those certs are easy to sell on ebay for more than you paid for them.

;) - and, piggying back on this. Then, a few more would say - hey, this is still not a problem for "me" and "us" and will continue to sweep matters under the rug.

There are plenty of rabbit hat tricks for FDR and AS to pull - within their controls, more or less. Nothing evil - I look forward to enforcing the luggage rules on cruises, amazing what some of the herds bring onboard for a typical 7 to 10 days sailing, even if they are now ditching the water & soda as extra pieces checked or as carry-on. Besides, if they are flying to/from ports - they are paying the surcharges anyway - no if's and but's - strictly surcharges and no questions about who's going to benefit on the extra revenue - like it or not. Keep in mind, those rules are already there, just not enforced now. Tough luck if that happen, I will say - too bad, pack less or pay the fees. Look at the airlines, a mix of labor savings, cost cutting, fuel savings & luggage fees, etc. they re-emerged from bankruptcies. It is a business (see, I can play the devil's advocate game too ... )

80% of NCL market is U.S. based - yesterday's geo-political violence is one of those that might just tilt the scale. Closer to home turf, the reality of Zita is out of their hands and that can negatively impact corporate earnings across the industry ... surely, not everybody forgot SARS and the H5N1, over a little over a decade ago. The competitions aren't always foolish and stick their hard noses out. NCLH taking a beating yesterday & again this morning - the big players probably shorting the stock with earnings coming up. It's a steep curve to climb back up to its all-time Wall Street high, very steep. But, the CEO is still going to be laughing all the way to his bank and he has the package, just like Sheehan.

It would be foolish for Wall Street analysts to not look at all the latest news headlines and ask some tough questions ahead - paint & color all one can wishes. A long list of last minute deals, Sail Away "no-frills" discounting and Haven upsells with DIY call-ins are there for good reasons ... not to mention CAS sailing offers flooding the Fall calendars.

And, we will take our 20 oz. Aquafina bottle waters, almost free (servers like cash tipping - go into their pocket easily, whether they surrender them - not my issues) for those in the know. Well - maybe it will be 16 oz. and 10 oz. canned soda next.

Edited by mking8288