scales

Can I bring a digital or non-digital weight scale on the ship? I would have it on my checked luggage not my carry on.

I know this sounds pathetic but I have to fit into a form fitting bridesmaid dress 4 days after I get back from my cruise. I need to watch the buffet and be more active on the ship. We all know it takes one cruise to prevent you from fitting into your clothes =)

Can I bring a digital or non-digital weight scale on the ship? I would have it on my checked luggage not my carry on.

I know this sounds pathetic but I have to fit into a form fitting bridesmaid dress 4 days after I get back from my cruise. I need to watch the buffet and be more active on the ship. We all know it takes one cruise to prevent you from fitting into your clothes =)

We bring one every cruise.

We bring one every cruise.

Really? Bizarre. :D Not you, just the notion, I guess.

I can tell by the way my clothes are fitting if I am over-indulging during the cruise. I just try to work out every day and take the stairs. We have a rule we try to stick with: ALWAYS stairs down, and stairs up if it is not more than, say, 7 decks. :p

The stairs are fine if your fit, however my husband has a bed knee and climbing even one Deck is hard. In regards to the scales, we bring ours as well, since many times we are bringing more home then we left with if we buy things for the daughter and granddaughters so want to be sure a bag isn't over packed. Myself if out alone, i will use the stairs.

Really? Bizarre. :D Not you, just the notion, I guess.

I can tell by the way my clothes are fitting if I am over-indulging during the cruise. I just try to work out every day and take the stairs. We have a rule we try to stick with: ALWAYS stairs down, and stairs up if it is not more than, say, 7 decks. :p

I think I gave the wrong impression. We bring a small luggage scale because we fly and many times have to re-arrange the contents of our bags to stay under the 50 lb limit.

I think I gave the wrong impression. We bring a small luggage scale because we fly and many times have to re-arrange the contents of our bags to stay under the 50 lb limit.

I wondered what the heck you were saying! ;):p

But I think that the OP wants to bring a 'real' scale.

:eek:

Don't go to the buffet - use MDR. Order somewhat carefully and the fact that there is portion control should keep your weight in check. At the buffet too much food and the temptation to take too large of servings.

Serious advice:

No bread

No booze

Every time you are tempted to reach for something that you KNOW you shouldn't eat, under these circumstances, just say the following sentence to yourself:

"Wedding pictures are forever".

Worked for me for both of my children's weddings. ;)

Bwahaha! Yes, so do we. Has saved us many times over.

"Wedding pictures are forever".

Worked for me for both of my children's weddings. ;)

Quite right! :D

Good idea OP - another thing for me to pack lol - We are going for 14 days - I need that daily feeling of control on the cruise :) Ive deliberately booked " strenous " excursions for the ports and plan to do the gym, ice skating, rock climbing and flow rider to keep the weight gain to a minimum