First Cruise Questions

As I posted earlier my wife uses Avomine, and she drinks. Usually a couple of Scotches before the evening meal, and we share a bottle of wine with the meal. A couple more drinks if we go to a late show.

Thanks Russell. That's exactly what I wanted to hear [emoji106][emoji2]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thank you everyone for taking the time to reply and for all your suggestions.

I had heard of Avomine but was told you couldn't take it if you planned to drink alcohol. Does anyone have any opinion on whether this should be strictly adhered to?

We are not big drinkers but do plan on having wine with dinner and a few cocktails now and then.

I had heard about being mid ship and low down for the smoothest ride, so I booked a cabin on the hump, midship on deck 6.

I am looking forward to this cruise so much that I don't want something like sea sickness to ruin it [emoji2]

Hi

I notice you are sailing on solstice. Its a beautiful ship and probably the most stable ship I have sailed on .Mid ship deck 6 is a good cabin choice. My wife gets sea sick and she wears sea bands which are available from chemists. She also takes stemitil with her as a back up. She drinks while taking stemitil without any adverse effects. Go prepared and you will be fine ...enjoy your cruise

Col

Hi

She drinks while taking stemitil without any adverse effects.

Col

I had a cocktail after lunch one day, after taking stemetil for a couple of days (Tasman Sea crossing). That one cocktail made me feel like I'd had three, instead of just the one. Wheee! :eek: :D

Now I'm very careful about drinking alcohol when taking stemetil..

I'm that crazy person who wears (and swears by) a band aid on your belly button for motion sickness. It worked a treat on my last cruise but I was sick for about two weeks when I returned home, just couldn't get my land legs back.

What if it was a placebo band aid?

If you are planning on taking Avomine or any other medicine, try one before you cruise. I dosed the entire family with Travelcalm prior to a boat trip in NZ. Within half an hour we were all like zombies and ready to lay down by the side of the road!

The silly thing is, none of us had suffered at all on the cruise and I was being overly cautious about a small boat.

You may not need anything at all, the ship's really are incredibly stable.

If you are planning on taking Avomine or any other medicine, try one before you cruise. I dosed the entire family with Travelcalm prior to a boat trip in NZ. Within half an hour we were all like zombies and ready to lay down by the side of the road!

The silly thing is, none of us had suffered at all on the cruise and I was being overly cautious about a small boat.

Good idea. Will do...Thank you.

i got the Travelcalm but natural one thats not meant to do that , never found out though

I unfortunately do get seasick...I am soon to go on my second cruise in November on Solstice... am so looking forward to it!!!!!

I have successfully used Avomine previously, it can make you drowsy so the done thing is to take it at night so you will be wanting to sleep anyway, by the time you are ready to get up, the worst symptoms have gone. I was always wide awake during the day.

Unsure of what to expect for the trip to NZ so am going to use the motion sickness bands as well..i figure you cant have too much help....lol

the only warning regarding alcohol with taking avomine is that it may increase the effects of alcohol....as I don't drink to excess anyway I didn't notice any difference. It certainly does not say anywhere on the information in the box that you cannot drink.

will be lining up for my third cruise in March so I wont be letting seasickness stop me!!!!!

enjoy your cruise

cheers

Belinda

I unfortunately do get seasick...I am soon to go on my second cruise in November on Solstice... am so looking forward to it!!!!!

I have successfully used Avomine previously, it can make you drowsy so the done thing is to take it at night so you will be wanting to sleep anyway, by the time you are ready to get up, the worst symptoms have gone. I was always wide awake during the day.

Unsure of what to expect for the trip to NZ so am going to use the motion sickness bands as well..i figure you cant have too much help....lol

the only warning regarding alcohol with taking avomine is that it may increase the effects of alcohol....as I don't drink to excess anyway I didn't notice any difference. It certainly does not say anywhere on the information in the box that you cannot drink.

will be lining up for my third cruise in March so I wont be letting seasickness stop me!!!!!

enjoy your cruise

cheers

Belinda

Thanks Belinda. I may add the bands to my list also.

Here's hoping for smooth sailing for you in November. If you get a chance, come back and let us know how you go [emoji2]

I found some of the wrist bands at the Reject Shop for $2.50 a pair! I'm not sure if they are the same as the $17 pairs at the chemist but they look nearly identical.

i didnt pay 17 for my ones at chemist warehouse i think was around 10 i paid and 2 or 4 for the ginger tablets

March is pretty rough going to the South Pacific but you will not know how you respond till you try it. We had a friend that was ok but as soon as she went In To the theatre she got crook. You can pick up tablets from the med centre for free if you need them. They normally have them In a box out side the office. You can also pick up sea sickness bracelets from the chemist.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by TheBrowns