final payment due date change

suec12

We booked an upcoming cruise over a year ago - on our invoice final payment is due July 25......now Celebrity is telling me it is due in 2 days or it MAY be cancelled. Anyone else deal with this.....did you let it ride until the date on the invoice? I suppose I'll go ahead and pay it but I am a tad annoyed that the date seems to have changed.

I've been cruising since the 90's. Never had any cruise line call me and tell me my final payment was due. I usually always make final payment about 10 days before the date to make sure they got it in time!

I had two different dates for final payment. On My Celebrity account online it showed one (which was sooner) and on my invoice it showed a later date.

I just called to check which was correct and was told it was the later.

The first date came and went and my reservation was still there and booked.

I suggest you call and see which date is correct.

Several things are at play here -- Celebrity has recently changed their Final Payment date from 75 days prior to 90 days prior. However, all bookings with the old 75 day window are grandfathered. That's the first issue. You may get ahold of someone who tells you that it's supposed to be 90 days. Call back and talk to someone else.

Second, according to many reports here on Cruise Critic, these "phantom" semi-threatening emails have been showing up periodically for several weeks now. This seems to be just the latest glitch in the parade of glitches that we know as "Celebrity's Award Winning" website and IT department.

• 2 weeks later...

Several of us on the Oct ABC Island cruise/Infinity have August final payment dates as per our invoices and online res info.(dates based on when we booked)

But we received an e mail saying if we do not make final payment in 7 days our res will be cancelled. Upon calling we were assured that our Aug dates are still valid but we are concerned that the computer will cancel us no matter what the rep says

Has anyone else besides posters so far had this come up since Celeb switched to 90 days ahead instead of 75?

One person who called in discovered that her fin payment date had changed when she changed dining times . The rep who did the change for some strange reason cancelled and re booked her under the new rules...she had no idea! Had she not checked her res would have been cancelled..Guess it pays to check and dbl check when dealing with X

Edited by hcat

Several things are at play here -- Celebrity has recently changed their Final Payment date from 75 days prior to 90 days prior. However, all bookings with the old 75 day window are grandfathered. That's the first issue. You may get ahold of someone who tells you that it's supposed to be 90 days. Call back and talk to someone else.

Second, according to many reports here on Cruise Critic, these "phantom" semi-threatening emails have been showing up periodically for several weeks now. This seems to be just the latest glitch in the parade of glitches that we know as "Celebrity's Award Winning" website and IT department.

We called Celebrity Captain's Club yesterday and received verbal confirmation that our cruise was grandfathered under the 75 day policy. In the overall scheme of things, it may be nice to get verbal reassurance, but we are going to make final payment in conjunction with the new 90 day policy.

To us, the 15 day difference in payment period is not a big deal, and although we could opt to take a personal stance on "principle"...we would rather take the approach of maintaining the excitement of our upcoming cruise.

Just our opinion.

Randy