"Complete Escapes" Sweepstakes from Princess Cruises

DonLou

We got the flier today. I called my TA and he never heard of it. He is in Florida somewhere. He asked if I could fax the brochure to him, front and back. He said he will get the $150 room credit (we got an inside room) even if he has to cancel the booking we already have (since we have not made final payment on it yet) and just rebook it. He said it should be no problem getting the exact same room even if he has to re-book it. I will know something within two days he said. Will check back here when I get confirmation. I also could not get into the captain's circle with the 9 digit number next to my name on the label (which is what it says to do). I did register for the drawing for the free cruise.

TA calls me back and says he cant get it. I say no way. I called Princess and asked for the Captains Circle people and they said they would put it thru but it may take up to a week. I called back a week later and the credit is there.

What a bummer! Offer only open to US and Canadian residents? Why, Princess?

Us aussies are paying the same rates (if not a tad higher) - we can't buy from internet discounters, and only deal through travel agents. And now we aren't eligible for any special offers...?

Does anyone know if this only applies to 2006 sailings (after March 1)?

The flyer says: "Book by December 15, 2005 for any cruise taken March 1, 2006 or later and receive one of the following:"

I can not find anything on the flyer that says this is for only 2006 sailings. I even checked the fine print on the back which talks about eligibility.

Archived