"Complete Escapes" Sweepstakes from Princess Cruises

DonLou

Mike, whenever the person who has that second cabin calls in, please post what happens. We haven't gotten the mailing yet, but I did contact my TA, who is clueless about this and apparently the Princess rep he has contacted is clueless about this too. I'm wondering whether I should just go ahead and call Princess myself or wait and hope a brochure shows up.

My sister-in-law and mother-in-law have the other cabin and it probably won't be till Saturday that we try to get it.

When you call it saves a little time if you have your booking # handy.

As far as the sweepstakes you need to go to completeescapes.com.

Mike in KC

Caribbean Princess 04/29/06

Carnival Conquest 05/04/03

Mike, thanks for the information. Please let us know what happens when they call Princess.

We did enter the sweepstakes. We did that before we called the TA, hoping that it would "automatically" result in the shipboard credit being place in the Capt. Circle Savings Account. But after four days of no joy, we called the TA, who hasn't been able to accomplish anything in this regard.

We keep hoping we'll get the brochure and that will solve the issue. It is disconcerting how Princess seems to send these out with no apparent rationale to selected persons. This is one of the things I really dislike about Princess--the unfairness of how they handle many of their promotions. One of the strong points about RCI is that they are evenhanded in distributing their coupons and promotions. What is really strange is that Holland America--a sister company of Princess--seems to be evenhanded in the distribution of their promotions also, including special promotions for ALL repeat cruisers.

I received this mailing' date=' but don't recall the sweepstakes part of what you mentioned. I already had a cruise booked for June to Alaska. I called my TA to see if we can get this shipboard credit applied to it since it met the criteria. I had already gotten a shipboard credit for doing the $100.00 deposit on the ship during our last cruise. The first time I called, Princess acted like I made this all up. They didn't recognize their own promotion and it took a few days to figure it out. I was actually afraid to cancel our cruise if necessary and rebook, because I didn't want to lose the cabins we had, and thought we might. Turns out I didn't have to do that after all. Princess gave us the $200.00 shipboard credit on top of the credit we already had. WOW!! What a nice surprise. Now I have to go back and re read the mailer to see if there is also a sweepstake involved.

sasha'smom[/quote']

Sasha'smom, how did you learn about the addtional credit. Did your TA tell you or do you see it somewhere in your circle savings account?

Sasha'smom, how did you learn about the addtional credit. Did your TA tell you or do you see it somewhere in your circle savings account?

When I first called my TA about it, Princess acted like they didn't know what I was talking about. However, they told me (thru the TA) to call back in 72 hours and by then they will know if I qualify. The TA called them and we were advised I did qualify and it would be added on top of the credit I already had. It doesn't appear on my account online, but they have it noted. My cruise credit didn't appear for my Hawaii trip either, but it was there. If in doubt, you can always call Princess directly and they will tell you if the credit was posted to your account.

sasha'smom

I called Princess this morning and my 200.00 was posted.

300.00 total with the 100. we got when we booked. The lady today said the same as before that it's only good for one cabin.

I registered my sister-in-law today on the website and maybe she'll get the offer. Probably still going to try this weekend by phone.

Be sure you have offers by mail checked when you register and if you're already registered go back and see if you have it checked.

Good Luck

Mike in KC

I booked through Princess and I did receive a letter in the mail. I was under the assumption that it would not work since I had never cruised with Princess before but after I tried online and waited the 24hrs I called back and the guy I spoke to took care of calling the Circle Savings department and having the credit applied to my account.

Also I noticed it shows up in the balance section of your personalizer under OnBoard Credit and not in the Circle Savings area.

I tried calling Princess Captains Circle re: Completeescapes offer. I used the promotional code provided by this thread. It didn't work for me. I was told that I had never been sent the letter( I hadn't) but I could fax them a copy of the front and back of the letter and they would manually credit me. So much for trying to beat the system.

I didn't get the letter. I am booked for May. I filled out the complete escapes questionaire anyway several days ago and I don't see any credit to my account.

Pamwinn: I guess however Princess chooses to give credit is fair since they aren't obligated to give credit at all. I don't begrudge anyone their good fortune, I just wish I would be so lucky!

Marly

I don't begrudge anyone their good fortune either. I do think that offers like this (there was one last year) create animosity. I know if I offered 5 pts credit to some of my students, and lets just say it's those who have an average of 65 (an F) and didn't offer it to those with an 85, I would expect a few problems.

Within the tiny print on the back of the letter it says "for new bookings only" along with other terms and conditions.

So if you have cruised with Princess before perhaps that's the reason you didn't get the letter?:confused:

Just a thought...

I just cancelled my inside cabin on the CB for May 13th with one agent since they wouldn't help me with this promotion.

So...I rebooked a balcony with another agent ...then called Princess to help me "register" online. (Also kept getting error messages.) For those getting an "error" message, the told me to make sure that after my "member number" I should try typing in the letter A or B. For some reason the B worked (think this is because my dh was A - first name on the booking) and I was able to register and the credit will supposedly show up tomorrow.

If you have a captain's circle member number, I would just try it on their website and then try putting an A or B after your number. Worth a shot.

Hope it helps someone.

Heather

We got the flier today. I called my TA and he never heard of it. He is in Florida somewhere. He asked if I could fax the brochure to him, front and back. He said he will get the $150 room credit (we got an inside room) even if he has to cancel the booking we already have (since we have not made final payment on it yet) and just rebook it. He said it should be no problem getting the exact same room even if he has to re-book it. I will know something within two days he said. Will check back here when I get confirmation. I also could not get into the captain's circle with the 9 digit number next to my name on the label (which is what it says to do). I did register for the drawing for the free cruise.

The title caught my eye because a while back I entered a Princess contest that involved nominating someone that deserved a complete escape. You had to explain why someone deserved an escape. I nominated the person that was the bone marrow donor for my nephew. My nephew had leukemia and our family didn't match close enough to be the donor. We had to go to the national registry and were fortunate enough to find a match. A total stranger saved my nephew's life. We haven't met the donor yet but we do know who he is. Anyway......my nomination was chosen and the donor won a 7 day cruise for 2. I was so excited to get to call the donor and tell him about his prize. Thanks Princess!!!!!!!!!!!! Prior to all of this, I was a skeptic about contests and always wondered if they were legit or not.

Sorry if this is too off topic but I was just excited and happy.

What great news! Thanks for sharing. What a wonderful person to donate their bone marrow and you for nominating him. Best wishes to everyone!

Thanks for the tip!! We are big time Princess cruisers and haven't received the brochure either or it got tossed with the junk mail !!! eek We booked the new Crown for July about 3 months ago also and I just sent an email to my travel agent to see if we can get in on the special also.......will keep you posted!!!! :)

I got the same letter that everyone is talking about a week or so ago. I booked my cruise through my TA in July. I tried to do as the letter says and got nowhere. I decided to call Princess and s/w the Circle Center representative and she had no problem w/giving me the $200 credit. She said that she would do it manually and I could contact my TA in a few days to get the confirmation.

All she asked for was my booking number and went ahead and put in the credit.

I hope that helps, Deanna;)

We didn't get the mailing (unless it was one of the days my hubby got the mail and tossed out anything that looked like junkmail. Anyway, I went over to the website you folks listed and was able to sign up for the contest. What was really strange is that at first I was on princess.com and did a search for "contest" and "sweepstakes" and this contest didn't show up. It doesn't seem very fair that they have a contest that isn't promoted on the website, unless they are trying to check if this direct mail campaign worked. But I wasn't asked for any code, just for our princess.com log-in info.

Archived