"Complete Escapes" Sweepstakes from Princess Cruises

DonLou

My wife received a bulk mailing from Princess Cruises that says "Enter the Complete Escapes Sweepstakes? Enter for a chance to win a Caribbean cruise! Get up to $200 when you set sail." Further it says "Plus! Book now and get up to $200 to spend onboard". The offer is good only until December 15, 2005.

We followed the directions on the letter to go to the Circle Savings Account but the Princess Cruise membership number on the mailed form did not match our current number and did not let us complete the form.

The letter also stated "Register to win at completeescapes.com" but that website doesn't seem to exist.

The letter is signed by Judy McConnell, Manager , Loyalty Programs.

The brochure is coded B0506GM47B at the bottom.

I've contacted my TA about this but haven't received a response back yet.

Has anyone else received this mailing?:confused:

We got the same mailer. If you book a cruise before Dec 15, 2005 and sail after March 2006 you will get $150 on board credit for an inside room or $200 credit for a balcony or above. They sent this letter using the first name of my sister's boyfriend and then my and my husband's last name. If we end up booking a cruise where we can use it I'll have to whine about the fact that they screwed up the names. I haven't checked the website yet for the contest, but it is the internet so something could just not be working when you checked it.

To use it I would call princess and speak to whom ever you needed to to be able to use the coupon. Espically if it has your correct name and the cruise you are going on fits the criteria on it; you should be able to use it.

We followed the directions on the letter to go to the Circle Savings Account but the Princess Cruise membership number on the mailed form did not match our current number and did not let us complete the form.

It is possible that you have 2 Captain Circle numbers.... At one point, I had 3 numbers and it took forever to get it straightened out. Your inactive number (the one you haven't used when you have cruised) probably received the offer. Sometimes one can get a different number if they request a brochure and they enter a new name for you as opposed to linking your request to your real Captain Circle number.

Thanks bearette, Coral and PSEE for your info.

My TA has been working on it and just informed me that Princess has given my wife and I onboard credit of $100 each. All because we booked a cruise before December 15 for a cruise to be taken after March 2006 per the contest brochure.

It's free money because we were going to book anyway! Wow. What can we spend it on? Ultimate balcony dining? Excursions? Spa? Send me more contests, Princess!

Don Lou, were you able to apply it to an existing booking, or did you have to make a new booking?

Beth,

We made the booking July/August 2005. TA sent us back a new confirmation with the onboard credit listed on it.

Wow, that's awesome, thanks DonLou! :) Will check with our TA today to see if we can get it applied...hopefully it's not a targeted offer just for people that got the mailing, because we didn't get it. :( All we got this week was a thing on Mexico sailings for winter/spring--in case anyone else is interested, the promo code is PL3 for that one, but they don't seem like that fabulous of pricing anyway.

Wow, that's awesome, thanks DonLou! :) Will check with our TA today to see if we can get it applied...hopefully it's not a targeted offer just for people that got the mailing, because we didn't get it.

Ours just arrived today - so you could still be getting one.

We got the same mailer. If you book a cruise before Dec 15, 2005 and sail after March 2006 you will get $150 on board credit for an inside room or $200 credit for a balcony or above. They sent this letter using the first name of my sister's boyfriend and then my and my husband's last name. If we end up booking a cruise where we can use it I'll have to whine about the fact that they screwed up the names. I haven't checked the website yet for the contest, but it is the internet so something could just not be working when you checked it.

To use it I would call princess and speak to whom ever you needed to to be able to use the coupon. Espically if it has your correct name and the cruise you are going on fits the criteria on it; you should be able to use it.

Can you guys clarify the promo code that gets you the onboard credits for booking a cruise fitting those parameters please? Thanks in advance.

The title caught my eye because a while back I entered a Princess contest that involved nominating someone that deserved a complete escape. You had to explain why someone deserved an escape. I nominated the person that was the bone marrow donor for my nephew. My nephew had leukemia and our family didn't match close enough to be the donor. We had to go to the national registry and were fortunate enough to find a match. A total stranger saved my nephew's life. We haven't met the donor yet but we do know who he is. Anyway......my nomination was chosen and the donor won a 7 day cruise for 2. I was so excited to get to call the donor and tell him about his prize. Thanks Princess!!!!!!!!!!!! Prior to all of this, I was a skeptic about contests and always wondered if they were legit or not.

Sorry if this is too off topic but I was just excited and happy.

TWe had to go to the national registry and were fortunate enough to find a match. A total stranger saved my nephew's life. We haven't met the donor yet but we do know who he is. Anyway......my nomination was chosen and the donor won a 7 day cruise for 2. I was so excited to get to call the donor and tell him about his prize. Thanks Princess!!!!!!!!!!!! Prior to all of this, I was a skeptic about contests and always wondered if they were legit or not.

Sorry if this is too off topic but I was just excited and happy.

You may want to post this as a separate topic! I think many on this board would be very interested in hearing about the wonderful people who won the contest! This is the second story I have heard about the contest - the other winner was someone from this board's relative (sister?) who donated a part of her liver to her boss/now good friend. Another very deserving winner!

I tried scanning the brochure but it is too big for what is allowed on this board. So I just scanned the text only and edited it down to the relevant text:

Enter for a chance to win a Caribbean cruise!

Register to win at completeescapes.com

Dear xxxxxxxxxxxxx,

There's nothing like the feeling of leaving for a vacation. The anticipation is even more exciting when it's on a cruise with Princess. From the moment you step aboard, you're in for a special experience -with just the right blend of activity and relaxation. And now you can get a gift to make your trip even more spectacular. Plus, for a truly complete escape, you can enter to win a Caribbean cruise.

Book by December 15, 2005, for any cruise taken March 1, 2006 or later and receive one of the following:

$200 onboard credit per couple with balcony or mini-suite stateroom booking

$150 on board credit per couple with interior or oceanview stateroom booking

Plus you have a chance to win one of 10 Caribbean cruises for two!

Cruise with us just once and you're automatically enrolled in the Princess Captain's Circle at the Gold Member level. And the more you sail with us, the more benefits you receive. In fact, you're already off to a great start with an automatic onboard credit in your exclusive Circle Savings Account.

View your account balance online, or just call and book an escape today. You'll be able to spend your credit as soon as you come aboard. To view your Circle Savings Account follow these easy-steps--

I. Log on to princess.com.

2. Click on "Circle Center."

3. Click on "Register." (Note: If you are already registered, simply log in and go to your Circle Savings Account.)

4. Enter your name, address and Member number as it appears on the reverse side of this letter.

5. Log on 24 hours later to see your onboard credit waiting for you in your Circle Savings Account.

Just think how thrilling it will be to travel with Princess on an incredible vacation. Then, imagine all the options you'll have with a $150 or $200 onboard credit. Just make sure you book your cruise soon. Because after December 15, 2005, your onboard credit will set sail without you.

Sincerely,

Judy McConnell

Manager, Loyalty Programs

P.S. Don't miss this special opportunity to save with Princess Cruises and get up to a $200 onboard credit. Reserve your cruise today.

*Onboard credits are per couple, based on double occupancy and are applicable on 2006 sailings taken March 1 or later, excluding holiday sailings. Reservations must be made and deposited by December 15, 2005. Offer is applicable to first- and second-berth passengers only. Shares and upper-berth passengers are not eligible. Passengers with single occupancy are eligible for a single-person credit amount only. Onboard credit may be used on a single voyage only and expires at the end of that voyage. This offer or any unused credit is not redeemable for cash. Offer is non-transferable, may not be combinable with select offers or other onboard credits, applies to new bookings only and to residents of the United States and Canada who receive this mailing. Dining options and onboard activities vary by ship. Onboard credit is quoted in U.S. dollars. Movies Under the Stars available on: Caribbean Princess~ Crown Princess~ Grand Princess" and Sea Princess~

@2005 Princess Cruises. Ships of Bermudan and Gibraltar registry.

B0506GM47B

Beth,

We made the booking July/August 2005. TA sent us back a new confirmation with the onboard credit listed on it.

Since your TA sent you a new confirmation, does that mean your TA cancelled your original booking, then got you a new booking to get the credit? We booked in July and Princess doesn't want to give us the credit! My TA is now fighting for it and I guess Princess has gotten slammed with phone calls about this.

Since your TA sent you a new confirmation, does that mean your TA cancelled your original booking, then got you a new booking to get the credit? We booked in July and Princess doesn't want to give us the credit! My TA is now fighting for it and I guess Princess has gotten slammed with phone calls about this.

If you have not paid the final payment yet, easy to cancel and book again. As long as cabin rates have not gone up and you are willing to release your cabin number for the few minutes between cancel and rebook.

If you have not paid the final payment yet, easy to cancel and book again. As long as cabin rates have not gone up and you are willing to release your cabin number for the few minutes between cancel and rebook.

We could do that and will if necessary. The problem is that we have a large group of 23 cabins booked! Just think it's stupid to have to jump thru the extra hoops.

I emailed my TA yesterday and her reply was that there might be restrictions....So I wonder why does some TA get it and some don't.

with no problems.

I am booked on the new Crown for July and I wonder if they will honor this or because its a new ship they will say No.

Any one get the onboard credit for the crown??

thanks in advance:)

Archived