"Complete Escapes" Sweepstakes from Princess Cruises

DonLou

i did not get the letter. i got the credit by using the info on this thread. They did quiz me and tried to get me to fax a copy. I played fax stupid. Next year, if they offer this promo again and I do get a letter, I will scan and post it. They want you to fax a copy and the scan would solve that problem for those who do not get the letter.

I did get the brochure. But they told me you just need your "member number" which is 9 digits and an "alpha digit" which would be the A or B. I think they will probably give the credit if you call them direct.

I registered online yesterday, but am still waiting to see the credit appear.

HeatherC

I didn't get the letter, but signed up for the sweepstakes online. I just called Princess to try and get the shipboard credit and they told me I have to talk to a Captain Circle Rep on Monday to get the credit. Seems that the Captain Circle people don't work on the weekends. They only work M-F from 6am -6pm. A-Ok. :rolleyes:

I have booked our first cruise with Princess for a cruise next summer and gave my member number to the TA to have Princess give us the onboard credit per the letter.

Checked the website and the credit was not there. Called Princess and they checked and verified that yes, we were entitled to the credit and we should call back in a few days to verify the credit had been applied. She said we wouldn't see it appear online:confused: they were having technical problems and could only verify the credit being there by calling.

The poor staff who must be swamped with phone calls...

The letter I received would give you credits for new bookings. My husband & I had actually just booked a 15 day round trip Hawaii the day before receiving the letter. Our agent called, and Princess applied the credit. Similar problem though - they said allow 72 hours for it to show online, but it never did. She made sure that it was on our account, and indeed it was, so she had them fax her the actual booking page, and in turn she mailed it to us. It clearly shows everything - maybe you could have them do that for you.

The letter I received would give you credits for new bookings. My husband & I had actually just booked a 15 day round trip Hawaii the day before receiving the letter. Our agent called, and Princess applied the credit. Similar problem though - they said allow 72 hours for it to show online, but it never did. She made sure that it was on our account, and indeed it was, so she had them fax her the actual booking page, and in turn she mailed it to us. It clearly shows everything - maybe you could have them do that for you.

Thanks, that's sounds like a good idea to have them send us a copy showing the credit.

I also got the credit and it did not show on the website. Princess said it would not appear on the site but did show in their computer and it was linked to a specific booking. My TA sent me verification of the credit being there.

It does "pay" to read the Cruise Critic board !! Thanks to DONLOU's original post and those that followed. We had just booked a cruise on "Island Princess" for Apr 21/06 just prior to reading this thread. I phoned Princess regarding there promotion and the operator said "do you have the promotion in front of you and will you fax it to us"? I said "I never received one, however, if there is a promotion why would I not be entitled?" After explaining to her supervisor that I feel entitled to the shipboard credit that is being offered to a selective population...etc.. I was told that there would be a $200 shipboard credit waiting when we boarded.

It does not appear on the Princess web site, however, my TA confirms that the credit has been entered. TKS again DONLOU..

It does "pay" to read the Cruise Critic board !!

I'm glad the posting helped, Alfe. I think there is a lot of ill will generated when only a select part of the population gets an offer and those not receiving one find out about it. Of course, I didn't know this was the case when I first received the mailing. I was just trying to find out if anyone else was having trouble getting the credit. Next time, I'll just keep my mouth shut. ;) :D

DonLou,

I for one am VERY happy you didn't keep your mouth shut. I managed to get the $200 shipboard credit from Princess with a phone call. You are a good person to look out for another cruise enthusiast.

Many thanks,

:) Dazee

I am not having much luck. I called twice today. The first time she needed the promotion number, which I didn't have with me. So I got the number from the CC site and re-called. This time it was a different person and she said the trip had to be booked between 10/17 and 12/15 so mine didn't qualify. I told her others had gotten the credit with cruises booked other dates and she wanted names and specifics so she could 'check their files'. Of course I didn't give her any info. Just went to my meeting with a promise to call back again...

I will keep trying...and keep you posted. I don't give up easily for $200...

The saga continues...:(

I am not having much luck. I called twice today. The first time she needed the promotion number, which I didn't have with me. So I got the number from the CC site and re-called. This time it was a different person and she said the trip had to be booked between 10/17 and 12/15 so mine didn't qualify. I told her others had gotten the credit with cruises booked other dates and she wanted names and specifics so she could 'check their files'. Of course I didn't give her any info. Just went to my meeting with a promise to call back again...

I will keep trying...and keep you posted. I don't give up easily for $200...

The saga continues...:(

We all know that Princess is well aware of the promotion number and they have received a multitude of calls on this issue not only from members of this board but from TA's and friends of friends. Don't give up.

And Donlou, you did not generate the ill will. Please don't keep promo's to yourself. The entire point of this board is to share knowledge. The only promo's that are not worth mentioning are those that offer Circle members special deals that can readily be bettered by booking through a TA. Thanks for the original post.

I'm glad the posting helped, Alfe. I think there is a lot of ill will generated when only a select part of the population gets an offer and those not receiving one find out about it. Of course, I didn't know this was the case when I first received the mailing. I was just trying to find out if anyone else was having trouble getting the credit. Next time, I'll just keep my mouth shut. ;) :D

Please don't feel that you started anything except good information. If not for your posting I would never have known about the promo and not have gotten the shipboard credit that I ended up getting. I think it's a great idea for us all to share this kind of thing with each other.

Thanks again and please keep your mouth moving.:D :D

I had gotten the letter after reading this post. I tried registering on-line and the website was awful. I faxed the letter to my TA. She said Princess had 2 problems -- one with the website and one with them having accidentally mailed the letter to too many people. She said when TA's call ,Princess tells them too bad and expects them to give the bad news to PAX. She said when PAX calls Princess direct, better chance. So I called twice. First call unsuccessful, she said TA had to do it. I called again immediately and got somebody else, and she said the credit would be available in 24 hours. I got confirmation from the TA today! This is for a cruise in March/2006 that I had booked months ago.

So how much is this going to cost Princess? I know I will have a great time spending my additional OBC!

Please don't feel that you started anything except good information. If not for your posting I would never have known about the promo and not have gotten the shipboard credit that I ended up getting. I think it's a great idea for us all to share this kind of thing with each other.

Thanks again and please keep your mouth moving.:D :D

Lynda, Were you able to swing the credit on both legs of your b2b cruise?

Lynda, Were you able to swing the credit on both legs of your b2b cruise?

Pam, to tell you the truth, I was so delighted to get it on the first leg that I didn't even ask about the second. Since I didn't specifically even receive the mailing, I didn't want to push it. I thought about calling back and saying something like "I see that I got credit for the first leg, but did you forget the second leg." However, I thought that might be a bit greedy.:D BTW, I was completely honest when I called Princess Captain's Circle. I told them that I didn't get the letter but some friends of mine did. I gave them the promotional code that DonLou provided (I didn't mention anyone's name about anything), and they put me on hold. They had me on hold for a while and then someone from (I think) passenger relations came on the phone and said that I was eligible for the credit and it was being linked to my booking "as we speak."

Thank you to this wonderful board - I received the $200 SBC for my April 2006 cruise.........Please all continue to share this kind of info............I just was able to access my Internet - (some in my area still have no electirc power due to 'Wilma' so I'm not complainng)....the extra SBC will come in hand with all my hurricane repair expenses! ....I received a new receipt from my TA showing the extra SBC! :D

Good Luck to all others in getting this Promo.........

Renee (aka GotToCruise)

I just heard back from my TA that a Princess Supervisor said the promotion was for 'new bookings only' and the cruise had to be BEFORE March, 2006...which is completely opposite of what the promotion said....we are still gonna try and hopefully get another agent....still have some time:confused:

My experience in getting the shipboard credit was to speak to a Captain Circle rep. When I spoke to a Princess agent, I requested a Captain Circle rep but was turned over to Customer Service instead. Heard all the reasons I couldn't get the credit. I called back and insisted to be turned over to the Captain Circle Dept. The Circle rep gave me the shipboard credit within seconds.

Just keep trying... if at 1st you don't succeed!

Well said Sandy. When you call, make sure you wait to hear all the options and then choose "Captain Circle." You need to talk to a Captain Circle rep and do the haggling with them. They do ask for your Captain Circle number and the booking number of the cruise you wish the SBC to be applied to.

Happy sailing,

:)

I just heard back from my TA that a Princess Supervisor said the promotion was for 'new bookings only' and the cruise had to be BEFORE March, 2006...which is completely opposite of what the promotion said....we are still gonna try and hopefully get another agent....still have some time:confused:

No, the letter says to be eligible for the credit you must book by December 15, 2005 for any cruise taken March 1, 2006 or later. It does say in very small print on the back of the letter, it is for "new bookings only" along with alot of other terms and conditions for the credit to be applied.

However, reading this thread gives one the impression that others who did not get the letter but read about the promotion on this thread and have sailed previously with Princess have called Princess or their TA's and requested they get the credit and they did get it. Just a recap of what was stated.

Thank you to this wonderful board - I received the $200 SBC for my April 2006 cruise.........Please all continue to share this kind of info............I just was able to access my Internet - (some in my area still have no electirc power due to 'Wilma' so I'm not complainng)....the extra SBC will come in hand with all my hurricane repair expenses! ....I received a new receipt from my TA showing the extra SBC! :D

Good Luck to all others in getting this Promo.........

Renee (aka GotToCruise)

Renee - glad you received your SBC. Did you have to call or e-mail our TA? Let me know, we sure would enjoy an extra $200. SBC on any cruise. Take care, Lorraine :)

ps how was you cruise to nowhere? See you on our D.U.S.T.S. cruise:D

Renee - glad you received your SBC. Did you have to call or e-mail our TA? Let me know, we sure would enjoy an extra $200. SBC on any cruise. Take care, Lorraine :)

ps how was you cruise to nowhere? See you on our D.U.S.T.S. cruise:D

Lorraine - I (also) answered your question on our DUSTS thread - you have to do this yourself - Our TA can't do this for you.... maybe other DUSTERS willl be able to get the credit too! Follow directions/suggestions on this thread - others who did not get the letter called Capt. Circle and were able to receive the credits on their previously booked cruises.....This was a 'random' mailing and Princess has no record of who received the letter and who did not - you have to be persistant and know the 'code' - - hang in there and good luck! Renee

Archived