"Complete Escapes" Sweepstakes from Princess Cruises

DonLou

We just booked last week on the CB for 5/13. When I saw this thread yesterday I immediately called my TA. She called Princess and she was told to tell me to register on the contest website in order to get my onboard credits?

I'm not sure if we received the brochure - we get so much junk mail I'm afraid I may have thrown it out!

Since your TA sent you a new confirmation, does that mean your TA cancelled your original booking, then got you a new booking to get the credit? We booked in July and Princess doesn't want to give us the credit! My TA is now fighting for it and I guess Princess has gotten slammed with phone calls about this.

AZPam, I don't know how our TA worked it, but our booking number remained the same after she got us the credit.

I spoke to Princess yesterday (someone in Sales/Promotions) and found out that this was a completely random mailing and that not everyone will be getting a letter. I don't know how they can tell, who got them and who didn't, but thoses who didn't are definately not eligable. I didn't get one, but sure wish I could get in on this through the back door!

I talked to my TA about it and she said that she's seen this letter but with different offers. Some folks are being offered a Barnes & Noble gift card instead of onboard credit. Still no letter for me, oh well.

I got mine in the mail today (1 day after I registered online for the sweepstakes)...haven't sailed PCL, yet... due to be onboard the 15th. Was planning on booking an open booking for the Coral in 2007. Now, I guess I'll just HAVE to go ahead & book for next year, just in case. Is that the way it's supposed to work?!:D

I emailed my TA yesterday and her reply was that there might be restrictions....So I wonder why does some TA get it and some don't.

with no problems.

I am booked on the new Crown for July and I wonder if they will honor this or because its a new ship they will say No.

Any one get the onboard credit for the crown??

thanks in advance:)

Iam currently booked on the crown and I got the $200 on board credit.

So I have 2 Princess cruises booked for after March 1, 2006, but did not receive the offer and would not be eligible because I booked really early. :(

Too bad Princess is treating people differently here. Not a good thing for business.

I won't be in a hurry to book so far in the future with them again when the perks are given later on and to select customers.

Hope Princess reads the messages on here. J.

According to the information in DonLou's posting (see post #20) this only applies to new bookings. Can't figure out why some people are being allowed to apply it to cruises that are already booked and others aren't. I haven't received the offer.

I haven't received anything either and I just booked a cruise for May

on Oct. 6. I too would like to know if anybody who did not receive the brochure has been able to get the shipboard credit by calling their agent.

Marly

:mad: And I guess we won't benefit either as it seems only to apply to US and Canada not GB. We have just booked a cruise for Dec 2006 as my daughter is getting married on it and OBC would have been nice at an expensive time.

We received the brochure and sweepstakes info yesterday in the mail. We haven't sailed Princess before and had called Princess a few weeks ago to inquire about Baltic cruise next August.

:confused: Odd thing is when you go to the sweepstakes site and go through the promotional stuff and then get to the part on entering the sweepstakes, the screen shows this message:

https://book.princess.com/images/temp/spotlighted.jpg

I called the 1-800-Princess number yesterday and was told my 200. would be posted in my account in 24 hours.

She also told me that it's only good for 1 cabin.

We have 2 cabins and the name on the 2nd cabin needs to call and request

their on board credit. She didn't say that they have to have a letter.

I think the main thing you need to know when you call princess is the promotion code B0506GM47B

Good Luck,

Mike in KC

No they didn't get a letter since I booked both cabins.

I'm guessing that if you register on the Princess website you got this offer in the mail.

The website is down now but I think maybe it was the circle center.

From what I read as long as you book before 12-15-05 and sail after 3-1-06

you're eligible for the offer.

Wish I could be more help

Mike in KC

I received this mailing, but don't recall the sweepstakes part of what you mentioned. I already had a cruise booked for June to Alaska. I called my TA to see if we can get this shipboard credit applied to it since it met the criteria. I had already gotten a shipboard credit for doing the $100.00 deposit on the ship during our last cruise. The first time I called, Princess acted like I made this all up. They didn't recognize their own promotion and it took a few days to figure it out. I was actually afraid to cancel our cruise if necessary and rebook, because I didn't want to lose the cabins we had, and thought we might. Turns out I didn't have to do that after all. Princess gave us the $200.00 shipboard credit on top of the credit we already had. WOW!! What a nice surprise. Now I have to go back and re read the mailer to see if there is also a sweepstake involved.

sasha'smom

Archived