royal caribbean ships

Wonders what the dif can be in check-in staff.

Hi,name please slap,bang,stamp.heres your cruise card have a great day.

Sorry is there some extraordinary extras happening.:):eek:

This is what we are talking about...red carpet and bubbly....bring back memories Mic and Gut:)

or70cn.jpg

This is what we are talking about...red carpet and bubbly....bring back memories Mic and Gut:)

or70cn.jpg

Very much so Graeme.

Every time I look at cruises now Mrs Gut wants to know if it's a line where you will be checking us in. She says it would near on make her switch lines even without the carpet and bubbly.

Oh and being asked "Oh your one of the Special People when we ask for directions to your good self."

Edited by GUT2407

PHEW,

For a moment there my mind was wandering,with the extras.:)

Last year (no the year before ... Where has that time gone it was the day of the Martin Place siege) Mic and Rosie, and me and Mrs Gut were on the same cruise and Graeme met us with a red carpet and a bottle of bubbly at check in. It really was a lovely touch.

To be clear we weren't travelling together but on the roll call I discovered I'd known Mic's SIL all her life.

Gbenjo had told us to ask for him, as we approached we asked one of the staff at the OPT which one was Graeme to get the reply "Over there, you must be one of the special people."

And to be honest we felt special.

Very much so Graeme.

Every time I look at cruises now Mrs Gut wants to know if it's a line where you will be checking us in. She says it would near on make her switch lines even without the carpet and bubbly.

Oh and being asked "Oh your one of the Special People when we ask for directions to your good self."

So how come your next two cruises are with Pwinthess & Cnard....oh I see " it would NEAR on make her switch lines :D:D:D

PS its Graham. Not Graeme spelt the correct way:):)

Edited by gbenjo

So how come your next two cruises are with Pwinthess & Cnard....oh I see " it would NEAR on make her switch lines :D:D:D

Looking at NCL next year, her first question "Is that Graeme?"

Canard is just to put a bit of class in her life.

Being married to me she needs to get it from somewhere.

Well the NCL threads are going ballistic at the moment over the new Beveridge/water policy.:eek:

Yeah got their knickers in a knot. We won't be doing it unless prices drop a fair bit.

Looking at NCL next year, her first question "Is that Graeme?"

Canard is just to put a bit of class in her life.

Being married to me she needs to get it from somewhere.

Well the good news ( at least for Mrs Gut) is yes..we will be doing NCL......and I see what you mean about K'nard and the class thing..especially with her being married to a solicitor......sorry Barista 😂

Well the good news ( at least for Mrs Gut) is yes..we will be doing NCL......and I see what you mean about K'nard and the class thing..especially with her being married to a solicitor......sorry Barista 😂

Mmmmm that explains the crazy prices.

By the looks of that new sailing profile,there wont be much work done at Gutsville come 2017:)

Unfortunately, even if they all happen (and I doubt they will) it's only about 16 days in total.

5 in Feb

2 in Oct and

9 in Dec.

Royal uses USD.

18% Gratuities are added.

I don't think the drink prices themselves are that expensive compared to many other lines or pubs and bars back home. What does make them dearer is when you add in the exchange rate to AUD as some lines don't need to the conversion.

Under Australian law, the added gratuities on drinks are included in the price of the drink. It is not added on later. In my experience (last cruise was Sep) the drink prices are very reasonable with the cocktail of the day at $7 and tap beers at about $6.

Daily Service charges (gratuities) can be prepaid when you book or you can pay per day during the cruise. Some people elect to remove the grats when they get on board but you can only do this if not prepaid.

The service charge is not shown in the advertised cruise fare because of this option. However the advertised fare on Australian websites does show all taxes whereas in US sites it does not.

Be careful of this when comparing prices on the internet.

Yes, when we cruised on RCI in March last year the drinks prices included the gratuities, as did the drinks package price onboard.

True, the cocktail of the day was cheap enough but I don't like prepack fruit juices and every cocktail of the day included a juice. Regular cocktails were $14.