FLL to Plantation Hotel suggestions

Giffer

Flying in to FLL and staying the night at Courtyard Plantation in September for our Cruise. Hotel shuttle only runs until 7 PM and we land at 7:15 PM. Looking for options to get to hotel. It will be four adults with luggage. I have looked at GO shuttle and South Florida shuttle services and they both want over $80 for the ten minute ride to the hotel. The limo service the hotel suggested is $95. Any suggestions?

Flying in to FLL and staying the night at Courtyard Plantation in September for our Cruise. Hotel shuttle only runs until 7 PM and we land at 7:15 PM. Looking for options to get to hotel. It will be four adults with luggage. I have looked at GO shuttle and South Florida shuttle services and they both want over $80 for the ten minute ride to the hotel. The limo service the hotel suggested is $95. Any suggestions?

Uber

Or see if the hotel will do a special trip for your group.

Edited by thinfool

Hotel rates are low in September. Since the hotel is so far from the port and airport, I would keep looking for a good deal in south Fort Lauderdale or Dania Beach.

This.

September is our off season, any money your are saving will be eaten up in transportation costs.

You should be able to get a good downtown, 17th Street, or beach location for cheaper than what you are spending in Plantation.

have looked at GO shuttle and South Florida shuttle services and they both want over $80 for the ten minute ride to the hotel.

OP - that is not a 10 minute ride; it is closer to 20 minutes without traffic issues (I confirmed that on googlemaps).

South Florida has van/SUV taxis that cost the same as a sedan. According to https://www.taxifarefinder.com/main.php?city=AnyUS&from=Fort+Lauderdale-Hollywood+International+Airport+(FLL)%2C+320+Terminal+Dr%2C+Fort+Lauderdale%2C+FL+33315%2C+USA&to=Courtyard+Hotel%2C+Plantation%2C+FL, it would cost between $35 - $40 and take 22 minutes.

I've never used them but given the many recommendations on this board, I would also look into Uber. Depending on the amount of luggage, you would probably need Uber XL (at least I think that is what the larger size cars are called). Do a search on Uber Fort Lauderdale on this Board and you'll get lots more information.

I also agree with royalcruz and BLueHerons - look for something downtown!

Edited by capriccio

OP - that is not a 10 minute ride; it is closer to 20 minutes without traffic issues (I confirmed that on googlemaps).

I also agree with royalcruz and BLueHerons - look for something downtown!

I just caught this.

It is going to be closer to a 45 minute ride. I've never made it out there in 20 minutes. Thirty minutes is the best I've done.

• 3 months later...

Switch to the Hampton Inn-Plantation across the street. Their airport shuttle runs until 10:00 PM and they have a free shuttle to Port Everglades.

I actually live in Plantation and there is no way it's a 10 minute drive to the airport nor is it 30 unless 595 is a parking lot. From the airport to that hotel is about a $50 cab fare each way before tip.

Edited by Lido_Deck