Anyone recently overnighted in Athens

bogofman

We will be over nighting in Athens soon on Reflection.

I logged in today to look for excursion pricing and found the tour we wanted missing.

Is the tour to mycene, naplion and epidavros

Still offered on board?

Have you considered booking this with a private tour operator? Some people worry about getting back to the ship on time but you're staying overnight so no worries, eh? We were only in Piraeus for a day stop but had a great time with PKTravel and I believe they offer a variety of tours.

On our free day in ATH, we took a taxi to the other side of the port to gates E8, where we caught a seacat to Aegina. We spent a beautiful day walking around the port area and small museum. It was lovely to get away from the crowds and the other cruise tourists.

We did an overnight on Reflection in Athens last year.

Please see the review for ideas: http://travellove.one/Our-Trips/Reflection-Eastern-Med-01/reflection-eastern-med-01.html

Oliver

Oliver,

Great review, and superb photos, we are also considering a car hire to do the trip to the peloponnese, I visited those sites back in 1988 and wish to go back.

Looks like we will be following in your steps as your review is just as we are planning.

We have been are also going to ischia

Oliver,

Great review, and superb photos, we are also considering a car hire to do the trip to the peloponnese, I visited those sites back in 1988 and wish to go back.

Looks like we will be following in your steps as your review is just as we are planning.

You brought back a name from our past :). Haven't been to Ischia in twenty odd years.

Oliver,

Thank you!

On our cruise the year before some ports were the same... so maybe you might also be interested in browsing through that one:

http://travellove.one/Our-Trips/Holy-Land-Cruise-01/holy-land-cruise-01.html

Safe travels!

Oliver

Thank you!

On our cruise the year before some ports were the same... so maybe you might also be interested in browsing through that one:

http://travellove.one/Our-Trips/Holy-Land-Cruise-01/holy-land-cruise-01.html

Safe travels!

Oliver

Oliver,

Another great review, i visited to Jerusalem in 92, for a day trip and the pyramids for a day on little more than a ferry from Cyprus, well before my cruising days.

We are going to walk from the train station in Civitavecchia to the port.

did you pick up a bus that then took you to the new out of port bus stop for the shuttle.

its probably easier for us to catch a local bus to that shuttle stop or walk direct to it i assume.

Oliver,

Another great review, i visited to Jerusalem in 92, for a day trip and the pyramids for a day on little more than a ferry from Cyprus, well before my cruising days.

We are going to walk from the train station in Civitavecchia to the port.

did you pick up a bus that then took you to the new out of port bus stop for the shuttle.

its probably easier for us to catch a local bus to that shuttle stop or walk direct to it i assume.

We walked from our hotel (close to the station) to the port and through the pedestrian gate. There is a stop for the port bus not far from the gate. They take you to the shuttle for the ships.

There is also a bus from the station directly to the shuttle stop.

Edited by Miaminice

We also used PK Travel last summer and they were great.

Just used PK Travel on July 9th for a half day tour with the pick up at the port after disembarkation (easy peasy!) and can happily recommend them.

We had trouble in Civitavecchia finding the bus stop at the port, and we did not have any luggage! That was just a port day. We ended up having to walk back to the train station to take the shuttle bus to the port. It costs €2.

On the next cruise, I would have been happy to find my way from our hotel in Civitavecchia and walk to the station for the shuttle bus, but I was with a friend who does not like walking. We took a boring taxi instead. The advantage of the taxi is that the local drivers have a licence to go inside the port and they drop you off right at the ship. You don't have to carry bags at all. I guess it was worth the €15, seeing I'd been having trouble with my shoulder.

Once you are at the port, there are free shuttle buses to take you to the ship.