I had to make a complaint post cruise....

Ceepot

I mailed a "real" letter to Ms. Lutoff-Perlo. Over six weeks after it would have been received, I got a call from some clueless individual who obviously had no idea what issues had been detailed in the letter. The message relayed - "Sorry you had a problem." None of the issues were addressed, and though I was promised another call to do so, it's been another month. I feel justified in my criticism. I've had many interactions with customer service depts over the years. This is the first to subscribe to the "If we ignore them they'll quit bothering us program".

I don't disagree with you. But other people are saying they sent an email yesterday/last week and have yet to hear back. Just offering perspective.

Edited by bEwAbG

That you threatened him with taking your business to Royal Caribbean made me smile for the same reason. It's all part and parcel of the same company!

I have known this for years, and I mentioned it in my first post... but wasn't aware of the lateral move he made since I have only done one Celebrity. It was exactly during his transition that all this occurred. They are still separate companies with their own goals, brand and bottom line, albeit owned by RCL.

But threatening to move our res to RCCL DID work. At least for us. So smile on...

Edited by BecciBoo

But threatening to move our res to RCCL DID work. At least for us. So smile on...

Correlation is not causation. It sounds like his office knew how to handle the situation, which is all that matters. I wish their customer service standards were higher on a more consistent basis.

Incidentally, I worked in a call center for a large hotel chain. We were not located anywhere near the corporate headquarters (it was 1500 miles away). When issues were escalated to higher-level call center managers and someone still insisted on calling the president's office because they were not pleased, they were given a number with an area code exchange that matched the corporate headquarter location. When called, that number routed right back to the same group of managers. They'd raise a physical flag so everyone knew that a "VIP" was on the phone, and we all were a little quieter when passing the area. I'm not saying that Celebrity does the same thing, but chances are you're not talking to someone sitting outside the president's office door.

Whomever she "really" was she did a great job. It was a year before the 2016 Alaska schedule was released and she called me back to make the new res just like she said she would. She identified herself as xxxx in the CEO's office so I believed her. She was willing to pass me to someone of equal stature over at RCCL if that was what I wanted but she said she would be happy to resolve the problem if we'd keep our date with Celebrity. And so we did...so far so good, cruise is coming up! IMHO it was white glove service at its finest.

I was a call center service rep for USAA insurance for over 10 years on HQ campus, we handled all complaints, never transferred a call unless it was to our unit mgr.

Edited by BecciBoo

My family had a wonderful time while on-board the Summit on the June 19th sailing to Bermuda. We did encounter a small glitch with a pre-paid, pre-cruise internet package. Not a big deal, just a cautionary tale for others perhaps.

My DH bought the full cruise internet package before sailing. In our cabin was a discount coupon for internet and another 50 % discount for another internet package. We considered buying another package to be shared with the rest of our family. But because DH had bought the internet package pre-cruise, Customer Service on-board would not apply any discount. So we did not get the 15% off the first internet package nor would Customer Service honor a 50% off the second package if the first package had not been originally purchased on-board. So consequently we did not bother to purchase a second.

We did not argue or fuss about this... sweetly Customer Service did send us a bottle of wine and a note of apology.

Cindy

I won't bother you with the details, but I wasn't happy about how our complaint was dealt with onboard.

I wrote to Celebrity online the day we got back, on the 18 June. I got an automated response saying they'd received it and would be looking into it. Fair enough...

I hadn't heard anything else, until two days ago, when I got a survey to fill in about how I felt the post cruise guest relations had dealt with my issue!!!

Err, they haven't even been in touch? I've checked my junk folders, nothing there. I emailed them back straight away, but they haven't replied.

This survey is sooooooo tempting, but I'll wait another day before I complete it!!

In my experience, when you need to contact Celebrity with a poorly handled issue on board, it will take time. It is necessary for Celebrity UK to investigate with the ship. You would not expect otherwise. This, necessarily, takes time. For my experience, I would expect you to receive a carefully considered response - after some time.

Having said that, personally, I would have sent a paper-based letter of complaint. These tend to reach the right people more quickly than an electronic communication that will sit in a queue of other communications before it reaches the first human being who you can virtually guarantee will not be the person who will deal with your complaint. We have always received a response from a senior person at Celebrity UK and they will not be the people managing electronic communication queues.

Once the correct person receives your communication will be followed up with the ship but the ships will be busy with subsequent cruises. Rightly or wrongly, their energies are focused on their currently cruise, personnel involved in your issue may have moved on and they may be I different timezones. It all takes longer than you may feel is desirable.

You cannot take offence at the survey. Celebrity UK are currently subject to a survey when they deal with a contact from the public and the surveys appear to be automated.

The time to be concerned that your complaint may not have been taken as seriously as you would have liked is when you have received a response - not while you are waiting for it.

In my experience, when you need to contact Celebrity with a poorly handled issue on board, it will take time. It is necessary for Celebrity UK to investigate with the ship. You would not expect otherwise. This, necessarily, takes time. For my experience, I would expect you to receive a carefully considered response - after some time.

Having said that, personally, I would have sent a paper-based letter of complaint. These tend to reach the right people more quickly than an electronic communication that will sit in a queue of other communications before it reaches the first human being who you can virtually guarantee will not be the person who will deal with your complaint. We have always received a response from a senior person at Celebrity UK and they will not be the people managing electronic communication queues.

Once the correct person receives your communication will be followed up with the ship but the ships will be busy with subsequent cruises. Rightly or wrongly, their energies are focused on their currently cruise, personnel involved in your issue may have moved on and they may be I different timezones. It all takes longer than you may feel is desirable.

You cannot take offence at the survey. Celebrity UK are currently subject to a survey when they deal with a contact from the public and the surveys appear to be automated.

The time to be concerned that your complaint may not have been taken as seriously as you would have liked is when you have received a response - not while you are waiting for it.

My experience is more in line with what the OP has posted and it makes absolutely no difference if I use email or snail mail. I am very unimpressed with their responses to an issue that has been going on re a future booking for some months now. Celebrity UK no longer offers the level of personal service they used to. They do not listen to what the guest is saying, make no effort to understand what the issue is or think about anything but their processes. Heaven help you if you try and apply logic in your communications with them.

I am still not sure we will take the cruise we have booked with them. It has been booked for over a year and in that time there have been too many issues - and other companies have treated us so much better. I will decide just before payment date.

We were on a Celebrity cruise out of Fort Lauderdale last year and signed up for a post-cruise excursion in Fort Lauderdale (our flight home wasn't until the evening). The excursion was a complete disaster and a waste of money. Our driver got lost and we spent most of the time (three hours) on the bus driving aimlessly around the area. In my post cruise questionnaire I noted the problems. I then followed up with customer service asking for a credit or refund. Never got either. However, on a Celebrity cruise this April, also out of Fort Lauderdale I did notice that excursion is no longer offered. I guess somebody in authority decided that it wasn't worth receiving complaints about that particular trip.

• 3 weeks later...

I still haven't received any response from Celebrity. I originally sent a complaint using the web based form, which was automatically acknowledged. I need to contact the US Customer Relations team as my cruise was booked through a US based travel agent. Does anyone have the telephone number or email address of the US CR team please?

I am starting to feel mightily peed off that I haven't heard a thing. It's very poor service.

Many thanks

I still haven't received any response from Celebrity. I originally sent a complaint using the web based form, which was automatically acknowledged. I need to contact the US Customer Relations team as my cruise was booked through a US based travel agent. Does anyone have the telephone number or email address of the US CR team please?

I am starting to feel mightily peed off that I haven't heard a thing. It's very poor service.

Many thanks

Hope this help:

Post Cruise Inquiries

Celebrity Guest Relations Department 1-844-418-6824

BBL

That was then, this is now. It's the fee raising, perk cutting Queen trying to replace loyal cruisers with new younger ones who don't know better.

Hummm, we just booked the Equinox for Nov 2017, for the lowest cost per day in 3 years. $250. discount on a 1A, at the 2A price, Premium Bev pkg, Grats, $300 + $100 Loyality OBC, unlimited internet!

It cost us more with fewer perks to sail the 7 day East on the Reflection in 2013 when the other guy was at the helm.

A year and a half out and there are 50+ Elite and Elite+ on the roll call.:eek:

Looks like 'Seasoned' Celebrity cruisers are hanging around in droves. :D

Hummm, we just booked the Equinox for Nov 2017, for the lowest cost per day in 3 years. $250. discount on a 1A, at the 2A price, Premium Bev pkg, Grats, $300 + $100 Loyality OBC, unlimited internet!

It cost us more with fewer perks to sail the 7 day East on the Reflection in 2013 when the other guy was at the helm.

A year and a half out and there are 50+ Elite and Elite+ on the roll call.:eek:

Looks like 'Seasoned' Celebrity cruisers are hanging around in droves. :D

Pricing all depends on supply and demand. We usually do the New England/Canada cruise every year since 2007. This year the prices are ridiculously high. I assume since they only do 3 of these a year and now have added perks in with most cabins they think they can justify the insane pricing on them. So while you may have gotten a deal not everyone is so lucky.

Pricing all depends on supply and demand. We usually do the New England/Canada cruise every year since 2007. This year the prices are ridiculously high. I assume since they only do 3 of these a year and now have added perks in with most cabins they think they can justify the insane pricing on them. So while you may have gotten a deal not everyone is so lucky.

Some people buy on price alone. You can always cherry pick a cruise at a low price somewhere. Especially when they're first released. The Equinox was an empty ship they had to start filling so they could raise the prices. Why else would they have thrown in the go best promo?

However if you look at the Xciting deals this year compared to last, there are far fewer cruises and at higher last minute rates.

Some people buy on price alone. You can always cherry pick a cruise at a low price somewhere. Especially when they're first released. The Equinox was an empty ship they had to start filling so they could raise the prices. Why else would they have thrown in the go best promo?

However if you look at the Xciting deals this year compared to last, there are far fewer cruises and at higher last minute rates.

I understand, but to say that the CEO is just raising fees and cutting perks to run long timers off is not 100% correct either.

Over supply in the Med, many of us wanting to sail Celebrity in the Caribbean in the summer. They listened. Life wont allow it this or next summer, but the rates are outta sight good, with the loyalty & perks.

Miami has geared toward filling ships with Capt Club members over 1st timers with these pro-mos.

The prices have been creeping up steadily over the past year or two from what I've seen. They have to pay for those "free" drinks packages somehow;)

Phil