New Residence Inn Doral/Miami

andymattmom

I was looking for May 2017. I have the Hampton Inn Brickell area that I see all over here. I saw a new Residence Inn that opens summer 2016. Anybody have reservations? Know anything about? We always like RI but I wasn't sure of area. We will probably fly into FLL day before and we leave on Escape Saturday

Doral is WEST of the MIA airport - a long way from the Port of Miami and FLL.

I would keep your reservations or maybe look at the newish Homewood Suites in the Brickell area -- you'll find lots more dining and nightlife options in downtown compared to Doral.

We have this hotel booked for late October. We are flying into Miami and we understand they are very close to the airport and they have a free shuttle. We will take a cab to the POM the next day. We understand there are a few restaurants within walking distance.

We have Marriott rewards points to use (up to a category 5). It is appealing as it is new, has a free breakfast, a pool we can use for the afternoon we arrive and an airport shuttle.

We hope it is a good choice. Our other choice would be the Courtyard Marriott in the Marriott cluster also near the airport.

I'd be interested in hearing anyone's thought on this...

Edited by OntarioTraveller

• 2 weeks later...
We have this hotel booked for late October. We are flying into Miami and we understand they are very close to the airport and they have a free shuttle. We will take a cab to the POM the next day. We understand there are a few restaurants within walking distance.

We have Marriott rewards points to use (up to a category 5). It is appealing as it is new, has a free breakfast, a pool we can use for the afternoon we arrive and an airport shuttle.

We hope it is a good choice. Our other choice would be the Courtyard Marriott in the Marriott cluster also near the airport.

There are those that say it a bad area ( Marriott cluster)! We have stayed at the Residence Inn there before and are staying again this year.

Yes it's gated, but like anywhere use common sense when going out, and you shouldn't have any problem.

There are 2 restaurants 1 at the Marriott and 1 at Courtyard.

Doral is a beautiful area but not convenient to anything.

You will pay a fortune for a cab to the POM because traffic is such a nightmare.

It will also cost you more to go to Doral than to Brickell from FLL unless you're renting a car for the day.

We will be flying Into Miami and using the free shuttle to get to the hotel. Getting to POM from Doral the following day is what I don't know about. Uber(never used before but willing to try)?

I was looking for May 2017. I have the Hampton Inn Brickell area that I see all over here. I saw a new Residence Inn that opens summer 2016. Anybody have reservations? Know anything about? We always like RI but I wasn't sure of area. We will probably fly into FLL day before and we leave on Escape Saturday

I can't comment on the hotel, as I have never been there. But I drive through that area weekly, so I will comment on the surroundings...

There is a large-scale highway project nearby, and some of the surface streets are also under construction. If we're lucky that will all be finished by next summer!

Crime-wise, it feels like a safe neighborhood. I don't know about restaurants in walking distance, but there are several just a short cab ride away. (Walking distance in Miami may be different than it is at home.) There is a Wal-Mart & Sam's Club nearby if you need anything.

Enjoy your time in Miami!

I had forgotten about this post! 😀

Thanks for all the recent information. After reading the things posted here early on we decided to stay at the Hampton in the Brickell neighborhood that everyone talks about. We like Residence Inn but don't want to be so far away. Thanks everyone!

I had forgotten about this post! 😀

Thanks for all the recent information. After reading the things posted here early on we decided to stay at the Hampton in the Brickell neighborhood that everyone talks about. We like Residence Inn but don't want to be so far away. Thanks everyone!

You will love the Brickell area! Lots of restaurants all within walking distance.

• 4 weeks later...