Caribbean cruise suggestions for Nov./Dec. with 2 20+ year olds

energydata

We would like to go on a 7 - 10 day family cruise with our 21 and 25 year-old children sometime in November or December, 2016...but NOT over the holiday weeks. We like nice beaches and snorkeling at the ports. We don't really care about the entertainment on board, but like good food, drinks and a nice pool area. Any recommendations from your past experiences would be appreciated. Thank you!

Welcome to Cruise Critic.

Consider Royal's Navigator of the seas out of Miami, 9 days to the Southern Caribbean.

Also Royal's Serenade of the Seas out of Ft. Lauderdale, 10 or 11 days to the Southern Caribbean.

Both of these visit Bonaire, which is excellent for snorkeling.

Edited by clarea

Thank you both! It's tough because we don't really need a lot of "kid" activities, yet I don't want my kids feeling "out of place" with EVERYBODY much older than them. Thanks for the info!

Have sailed RC for a long time at all different times of year. Very much a passenger mix of all ages. Couldn't imagine the "kids" - actually young adults feeling out of place. Any of the larger RC ships would be a good fit. Also think RC pools are bigger than some lines - there is at least two pools, including an adult pool, on their ships.

On cruises over 7 days the passenger mix might be older (on all cruise lines). Also, have found the smaller ships tend to have an older passenger mix - people not looking to be as active and just cruise, relax, etc., enjoy the shows, not looking for rock climbing, surfing and so on.

Edited by Grandma Dazzles

Thanks! Looks like you really enjoy Royal Caribbean! I've mostly sailed Celebrity. Renaissance MANY years ago before it became Oceania. And once on Holland America...which I will never do again. I've never sailed Royal Caribbean, but maybe this time I will! Thanks again!

Consider MSC Divina from Miami. She has ten day cruises leaving Nov. 26, which is the Sat. after Thanksgiving, but since it is 10 days will not be crowded with children. It has an interesting itinerary with a stop at Colon, Panama, which would give an opportunity for an excursion to the Panama Canal. The next cruise, Dec. 6, is also 10 days and visits the southern Caribbean also, Aruba and Curacao. EM

Also check out Carnival's Sunshine. They spent $155,000,000 redoing the old Destiny and boy did they ever. They have three Serenity decks (11,12,14) that are adults only and no smoking- and they mean that. Deck 11 has a pool with a waterfall from deck 14, chaises some with umbrellas, deck 12, our favorite, has a big shaded area with small sofas and in the sun are chairs with ottomans for your feet, deck 14 has a full bar, huge hot tub, you can get towels here so you do not have to bring them from your cabin, all sorts of chaises, hammocks, and what are big enough to be bed size couches. EVERY chaise, chair, ottoman, sofa, etc. have thick pads on them.

I suggest not getting a cabin on decks 11 or 12. The only elevators (only 2)are in the atrium, and they go from deck 0 to 14 and take a long time to get to you.