July 9-14 Anthem Cruise: Big-A Boat to Nuda

...Or at least that is what my two year old daughter Mikael called it. 14 family members took this cruise to celebrate my wife and my 5th anniversary...absolutely wonderful 5 days!!!

I'll just post bullet points on each of the areas. If anyone has questions or comments, just ask or post and I'll do my best.

It was our 3rd cruise on Royal: honeymoon 9 day and 1 year anniversary 5 day.

Embarking and disembarking were both a breeze...more worry thinking about it than the actual process.

Dynamic Classic: loved it and our wait staff...Clive, Jerry and Avishek were simply amazing in general and my daughter...tons of high fives, fist bumps, peekaboo and special desserts for her. Best wait staff, of many great wait staff we've had. Gift their contact info and consider them new friends for life.

Stateroom: I'm a balcony snob, so I loved our deck 13 room...definitely feel the rocking more than lower floors, but he rocking has never bothered me. Daisy was a fantastic attendant and again, great with my daughter...lots of hugs.

We Will Rock You: WOW!!! Funny, dramatic, great music, choked me up with No One But You.

Cabaret: just great dancing and successfully worked around technical glitches.

Comedian Rodney Johnson: absolutely hilarious

Cafe 270: gorgeous facility and great food in the bistro.

Pool Deck: gotta love watching Wimbeldon Final and movies while you swim.

Promenade Cafe: sorrento's pizza was a great treat, especially salami pizza and pesto pepper pizza, desserts were great too

Register for bumper cars, character breakfast, Ripcord and NorthStar early or pre cruise or you will have a difficult time getting in/on

Thank goodness adventure tv had Doc McStuffins, Sofia the First and Jake and the Neverland Pirates...quieted a fussy toddler when needed.

Loved listening to karaoke in Music Hall and games in the schooner bar and 270.

Bermuda...3rd time there...love it. Horseshoe Bay, gorgeous but expensive.

Bus back to dockyard, waited an hour and 4 buses passed by crowded or not taking passengers to dockyard. Took a cab back. Shopped in dockyard on day 2.

Family of 14 loved the cruise and each others' company...half of us were first timers who already want to go again.

SUCCESS!!!

I'm just going by my aunt's experience. They tried to get in on day 4 but couldn't. But did on day 5. I could be wrong' date=' probably am. The time slot could have just been filled on 4, but not on 5.[/quote']

So you are saying that she did NOT reserve it.

I never heard or saw that. It was always just "show up and wait your turn."

Would you please elaborate?

On that cruise also. He just mis spoke. He probably meant line up early before posted time or the line gets real long.

So glad you had a wonderful time! We are on the 9 day cruise next week and we can't wait!! Was there a daily compass with children's activities?

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Edited by joromay

So glad you had a wonderful time! We are on the 9 day cruise next week and we can't wait!! Was there a daily compass with children's activities?

You'll love Anthem and 9 days. We would have done 9 again, but we were testing out my daughter and some sea-sick probe and skittish family member first timers. They all passed with flying colors.

Kids' Compasses I am not sure about. Sorry. I have heard that they exist, but we never received or asked about them. Maybe another member can chime in with a correct answer.

I was on that cruise too. My teenagers did not receive the teen compass in the cabin, but they could be found for all age groups down by guest services. On the wall to left of entrance to guest services area could find extra adult compasses, plus the kids' ones.

Karen

We'll be on the Anthem next June, but to New England/Canada for 5 days. We're going to Bermuda this September but on another ship.

Did you feel 5 days was enough to get the overall experience of the ship? I was hesitant about booking a 5 day since all my other cruises were 7 and 8 days. We only want to do the bumper cars and Northstar on the ship, not the other activities like fly and all the other stuff. We have 2 sea days.

We'll be on the Anthem next June, but to New England/Canada for 5 days. We're going to Bermuda this September but on another ship.

Did you feel 5 days was enough to get the overall experience of the ship? I was hesitant about booking a 5 day since all my other cruises were 7 and 8 days. We only want to do the bumper cars and Northstar on the ship, not the other activities like fly and all the other stuff. We have 2 sea days.

Definitely not enough time to pack in all that it had to offer. Ripcord, NorthStar and character breakfast booked solid before cruise and we did not get in on standby. Bumper cars has long lines to wait. We were able to book We Will

Rock You online, got in standby for Cabaret. If you are able, book as much as you can online ASAP.

Definitely not enough time to pack in all that it had to offer. Ripcord' date=' NorthStar and character breakfast booked solid before cruise and we did not get in on standby. Bumper cars has long lines to wait. We were able to book We Will

Rock You online, got in standby for Cabaret. If you are able, book as much as you can online ASAP.[/quote']

Thanks. I plan on booking the Northstar and shows as soon as the online booking for that opens. I think I have to wait till 90 days out. Not interested in the Ripcord or character breakfast.

Edited by lauren0309

Hey stranger and congrats on your daughter!

Hi Mike!!! I've missed you. How have you been and your recent cruises?

Thank you. Mikaela is absolutely amazing and even at two, she loved the cruise, but I had to sell her on the balcony. She wasn't having it at sea, but I broke her.

Hi Mike!!! I've missed you. How have you been and your recent cruises?

Thank you. Mikaela is absolutely amazing and even at two' date=' she loved the cruise, but I had to sell her on the balcony. She wasn't having it at sea, but I broke her.[/quote']

We've been well and cruising has been wonderful. We just missed you at 'Nuda - were there the week before you on Celbrity Summit. Glad to see you started Mikaela on her sea legs early! We'll keep and eye out for you an a future one. Take care.

Edited by leaveitallbehind