Children in the Diamond Lounge?

The problem I have is you are saying that a lounge that is set aside for diamond members who have been loyal to royal that has a special controlled access shouldn't be a place for kids. I don't think that is right. If my child has earned that diamond level and can behave properly he or she should be able to go with me and have a soda with me in the lounge. I personally use this time with my kids to teach them how to be an adult, how to have a conversation how to be a member of society. I'm sorry but I think this is what is wrong with society today. people are not taking the time to teach children what should be expected of them in public and how they should act. So should children be exposed to adult conversations and adult atmospheres 100% yes. Should the parent use there best judgement and remove there child from a situation if the situation becomes to adult YES. I am not bring my children up devoid of adult interaction so they do not know how to deal with the real world. My kids will be well behaved and well rounded.

I agree. My children (now 22, 19, & 13) have all been cruising since they were young (Oldest 2 yrs and the younger 6 months) I am a firm believer that a child doesn't learn how to act in a particular situation unless you put them there and teach them. The problem is that many parents won't take the time to teach the child while in the situation. They just put them there and don't pay attention. My kids sit through a complete dinner in the MDR. If there was a problem when they were young I got up and walked out with that child for a few minutes. I remember one cruise when we sat down first night at our table for 4 with 2 of them ages 3 & 6. The two older couples at next table gave us the "eye". By the end of the cruise they spoke to us and admitted how nervous they were when we sat down the first night. Figuring it was not going to be a good experience. They were pleased to tell me what a delight our children were and they were so pleasantly surprised.

I understand children not being aloud in the Diamond Club during the cocktail hour. To me those couple of hours are adult only time. I think there are plenty of other opportunities on board for children to learn how to behave. And unfortunately, even though your child will conduct himself properly there are too many others who will not. Just look how kids (and some adults) conduct themselves in line at the buffet.

Your right.Every night in June on Freedom in the DL i gave the waiters a dollar per drink tip but never saw anyone else doing the same.

Sent from my Kestrel using Forums mobile app

We agree.... we tip at least a $1 per drink in the lounge. Have always had great service in the DL or CL/SL but generally we stick to the CL/SL. On our cruise in less than two weeks on Freedom, we will use the CL for morning coffee as our cabin is just a few cabins around the corner. This cruise consists of long port excursions leaving early and getting back late, We may try the DL in the evening for the view. I don't think this cruise is top heaving.

I agree. My children (now 22, 19, & 13) have all been cruising since they were young (Oldest 2 yrs and the younger 6 months) I am a firm believer that a child doesn't learn how to act in a particular situation unless you put them there and teach them. The problem is that many parents won't take the time to teach the child while in the situation. They just put them there and don't pay attention. My kids sit through a complete dinner in the MDR. If there was a problem when they were young I got up and walked out with that child for a few minutes. I remember one cruise when we sat down first night at our table for 4 with 2 of them ages 3 & 6. The two older couples at next table gave us the "eye". By the end of the cruise they spoke to us and admitted how nervous they were when we sat down the first night. Figuring it was not going to be a good experience. They were pleased to tell me what a delight our children were and they were so pleasantly surprised.

I understand children not being aloud in the Diamond Club during the cocktail hour. To me those couple of hours are adult only time. I think there are plenty of other opportunities on board for children to learn how to behave. And unfortunately, even though your child will conduct himself properly there are too many others who will not. Just look how kids (and some adults) conduct themselves in line at the buffet.

Very interesting read.

We agree.... we tip at least a $1 per drink in the lounge. Have always had great service in the DL or CL/SL but generally we stick to the CL/SL. On our cruise in less than two weeks on Freedom, we will use the CL for morning coffee as our cabin is just a few cabins around the corner. This cruise consists of long port excursions leaving early and getting back late, We may try the DL in the evening for the view. I don't think this cruise is top heaving.

You are visiting some lovely ports,great itinerary.

Wow!! That's a big change for him!! :o

Was he not happy being based in PR?

To supplement John's reply, RCI also wanted a Spanish speaking Concierge as they are based out of Barcelona for this summer. After May 2018, they will sail from San Juan. RCI had Rahul trade places with Geslani Araujo, who was on GR previously. He likes GR as it is a well managed. ship.

To supplement John's reply, RCI also wanted a Spanish speaking Concierge as they are based out of Barcelona for this summer. After May 2018, they will sail from San Juan. RCI had Rahul trade places with Geslani Araujo, who was on GR previously. He likes GR as it is a well managed. ship.

I will be on the Grandeur on Oct. 28th. Will Rahul be the Concierge? If not, do you know who it will be. Thanks. I agree, the Grandeur is a well managed ship.

Your right.Every night in June on Freedom in the DL i gave the waiters a dollar per drink tip but never saw anyone else doing the same.

Yup, that is how we do it also. Pinnacle friends of ours said they used to do the same thing as we started doing, which was tipping at the end of the cruise, then changed to per drink since we had several different waiters, including the bartender, that would serve us all week. So they gave us their wisdom of experience and told us to do like you do. We tip a buck a drink right when we are served.

And of course they know that we tip right away, which does bring them to us faster through the week when we enter. ;)

Strange how tipping is a standard here, but Europe is so different.

Edited by island lady

Gosh I would love to steal Grandeur away and have her here in PC!! :D

Yup, that is how we do it also. Pinnacle friends of ours said they used to do the same thing as we started doing, which was tipping at the end of the cruise, then changed to per drink since we had several different waiters, including the bartender, that would serve us all week. So they gave us their wisdom of experience and told us to do like you do. We tip a buck a drink right when we are served.

And of course they know that we tip right away, which does bring them to us faster through the week when we enter. ;)

Strange how tipping is a standard here, but Europe is so different.

That is what ww do also. After the second night the server just asked "the usual?". Plus refills were pretty quick. The only time it was a little slow was when we were on grandeur this past feb but anit(the d concierge) rolled up his sleeves and everything was great thereafter.

He was a great concierge that did not mind walking around getting to know his guests. He was willing to do whatever was necessary to make sure his guesta had a great experience.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

Gosh I would love to steal Grandeur away and have her here in PC!! :D

Grandeur is a perfect match for the midAtlantic cruisers. Because of bridge heights, most do the RCI cruise ships can not get to the Baltimore Port.

Grandeur is a perfect match for the midAtlantic cruisers. Because of bridge heights, most do the RCI cruise ships can not get to the Baltimore Port.

The only other class of ships that will work in Baltimore are the Radiance Class.

I agree then i could justify a 9 hour flight from the UK to do a 4 night cruise to the Bahamas and 3 nights in Orlando.

We loved Enchantment but don't fancy MJ.

Agree...and still holding out hope to get a third (mid size) RCI ship back here in PC. MJ just does not do it for us, though

her redeeming quality is the great crew however.

We were not going to go back to her again, but a friend of ours is becoming Pinnacle on board next month. We wanted to be

in the cheering squad. ;)

That is what ww do also. After the second night the server just asked "the usual?". Plus refills were pretty quick. The only time it was a little slow was when we were on grandeur this past feb but anit(the d concierge) rolled up his sleeves and everything was great thereafter.

He was a great concierge that did not mind walking around getting to know his guests. He was willing to do whatever was necessary to make sure his guesta had a great experience.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

Yup, same thing. After the first night or two...we find our "usual" being brought to us as we sat down...without even

ordering! Nice!! :D

Agree...and still holding out hope to get a third (mid size) RCI ship back here in PC. MJ just does not do it for us, though

her redeeming quality is the great crew however.

We were not going to go back to her again, but a friend of ours is becoming Pinnacle on board next month. We wanted to be

in the cheering squad. ;)

Hope you have a fantastic cruise and a great party for the Pinnacle to be.

I miss the Legend...and happy to have a nice memento crystal block to remind us of the wonderful time on board.

Love all of the Vision class ships. Hate seeing them go away. :(

We particularly liked the Splendour.

We were on Vision in Dubai in February and enjoyed that too.