Air Conditioning on Eclipse

leehal

How good is the air conditioning on the Eclipse, we sailed last May and it wasn't really needed.

We cruise the Med in September and prefer to be cooler generally, we don't dodge the sun but we aren't overly bothered by sitting out in it. Will the top deck be packed and the rest of the ship quieter during daylight?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Never had a problem with air conditioning. Sometimes if our room was facing the sun in port I would crank up the air conditioning when we were out to make sure it was nice and cool upon return.

We've never had any problem with the a/c in our cabin at all, and we like to keep it really cool.

I find the public spaces on the ship VERY cool and carry a shawl or light jacket around with me in the evenings.

I agree with Claudia, the air works fantastically well; women will most likely want a wrap in common areas in the evening. In the cabins, there in no problem in adjusting for whatever temp suits you best. The Eclipse is a beautiful ship; have a tremendous cruise!

Whenever we have been on M-class ships, I have found the temperature at different pints in the ship different. I always have to carry a wrap or cardigan in the evenings. In fact, in the original specialty restaurants, I found that I would be hit by a sudden drop in temperature around 8pm every evening.

The only S-class ship we have been on so far has been Eclipse but we have cruised on her in temperatures well below freezing (New York) to very warm (Caribbean). For me, the temperature inside the ship has always remained constant. In fact, it has been perfect. I have never needed to carry a wrap/cardigan.

Edited by Project_gal

How good is the air conditioning on the Eclipse, we sailed last May and it wasn't really needed.

We cruise the Med in September and prefer to be cooler generally, we don't dodge the sun but we aren't overly bothered by sitting out in it. Will the top deck be packed and the rest of the ship quieter during daylight?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I have never had any problems with the AC on any of the Solstice Class ships including numerous experiences on the Eclipse. I am sure you know the things to do to keep the cabin cool.

Yes, on a nice day the inside venue will be significantly less busy except for organized events on sea days.

Enjoy your cruise.