Sharing bottle of wine from beverage package

I fully support not sharing cocktails, water, coffee or other individual items from a beverage. I am interested in the expectations regarding the whole bottle of wine purchased with a drink package. How does Royal handle this? Are you expected to drink the entire bottle yourself?

Our daughter is interested in the package since she does not get the evening cocktails we will with our status, but she will not drink an entire bottle. The drink packages offer a good discount on better wine by the bottle. This is the only way the package is viable financially.

Margee

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

A bottle of wine is only 4 glasses (which I can very easily do myself..lol..:):)..)....but, I just wanted to point out that she does not have to drink it all in one night. She can have one glass and they will store it for her and she can continue drinking it for the duration of her cruise.

Thanks for your replies. We don't save an opened bottle of wine because they don't have a vacuum or nitrogen system on board to property save wine in opened bottles. Really expensive red wine cannot be saved without some method of preserving the remaining wine. We have discussed this with the wine tenders in Vintages.

So, we always finish our bottle by sharing or drinking it ourselves. We do like to share -- makes for great conversation and is lots of fun. Drinking is for socializing anyway.

Bob, we will probably buy our wine from Vintages and take it to dinner wherever we choose to eat. I'm sure the wait staff won't know how the purchase was made. Do you think this is a good plan?

Margee

I'm not sure what the issue is? You can only buy full bottles of wine with your package at 20% off, otherwise the wine covered by your package is only by the glass. It's fine to share the bottle so I am not sure why you worried about what the dining room wait staff knows?

Is 20% off a bottle of wine really a better deal given that others are already paying for the package and their glasses are paid for (maybe need to pay a few extra $). Why isn't it cheaper to just buy a glass of wine for the person with no package?

I've bought bottles of wine many times from Vintages/Champagne Bar and they made sure our bottle was sitting at our MDR table when we arrived. Just gave them the table number and time.

Cheers!

Edited by Beachammo

You can't get a bottle of wine with the package.

You can buy a bottle of wine with the package and they will give you 20% off the standard price.

Anything you are paying for you are allowed to share without issue

Alter Ego, the better wines are not available by the glass, unless things have changed in the last 2 months.

Margee

We always get Caymus by the glass with our buy one get one free coupon. A 6oz pour with a nice tip.....

I believe it was $22 a glass before discount.

They also have Overture by the glass. It was more expensive.

Edited by Beachammo

My issue is with appropriateness. I did not want my daughter challenged or embarrassed.

Margee

Absolutely no issue with appropriateness. Just tell your daughter to enjoy! My husband has the package and buys a bottle for me and my mother. He orders by the glass.

Edited by Sarvowinner

Is 20% off a bottle of wine really a better deal given that others are already paying for the package and their glasses are paid for (maybe need to pay a few extra $). Why isn't it cheaper to just buy a glass of wine for the person with no package?

Many wines are not available by the glass.

• 1 month later...
A bottle of wine is only 4 glasses (which I can very easily do myself..lol..:):)..)....but, I just wanted to point out that she does not have to drink it all in one night. She can have one glass and they will store it for her and she can continue drinking it for the duration of her cruise.

I'm with you, I don't understand this left-over wine thing, I always think my bottle is a few glasses short :D

A standard glass of wine is 125ml, which means that there are 6 glasses in the bottle.

Of course, many people do pour more!