Allure Deck 6

we love deck 6. one floor down to the promenade, same deck as the boardwalk, two floors up to central park. elevators on oasis class are a pain - there just are not enough - so it's nice to be able to get to most of the hot spots by taking the stairs.

one potential downside is that the deck 6 balconies are right above the lifeboats. i've never found it a problem or that it obstructs my view, but that might depend on your location.

we're on deck 6 for the harmony transatlantic. we thought about trying to move up, maybe to 8 to be closer to central park, but after a good experience with family on deck 6 on a recent allure cruise, we decided to stay put. it's hard to beat the proximity to the promenade.

we love deck 6. one floor down to the promenade, same deck as the boardwalk, two floors up to central park. elevators on oasis class are a pain - there just are not enough - so it's nice to be able to get to most of the hot spots by taking the stairs.

one potential downside is that the deck 6 balconies are right above the lifeboats. i've never found it a problem or that it obstructs my view, but that might depend on your location.

I agree. Great location.

We had 6546 (front of ship) and there was no lifeboat under us. The next cabin was in the clear as well. Probably around 6550 and back had lifeboats.

We are going again next year and have a similar location.

We just got off Oasis on June 18th, which I would imagine is identical, and we had a balcony on the hump, 6602.

Absolutely LOVED the location......

Everything was within a deck or two, with the exception of the Windjammer and pool deck.

Very quiet......

Enjoy!:D:D

I am also another deck 6 fan on Oasis/Allure for all the reasons that have already been stated. And as far as the lifeboats go, unless you just have to stand at the rail and look straight down at the water, they are not much of an issue.

Stayed on deck 6 on both the Oasis and the Allure (B2B). Both times aft of the aft elevators. Easy walk to the hallway that opens to the aft elevators and Boardwalk. Loved the location, close to the Boardwalk and Schooner Bar. Easy walk (one flight down) to the Promenade, theater and main dining room. Easy access to Central Park, Vintages and Park Cafe. Only needed an elevator to get to the pool deck and the Windjammer. Deck 6 is my first choice for booking a stateroom.

• 1 month later...

Looking to book an accessible cabin on the Allure. The only decks with theses cabins that are still available, are on deck 14 that we don't want, and on deck 6.

I'm reading these reviews that seem to indicate deck 6 is nice, however, one person who was in 6232 which was an accessible cabin had nothing good today about the cabin or deck. Said the room is down an open hallway near the Schooner lounge and some other nit do nice comments.

Any help you can provide about deck 6 and any knowledge of the accessible cabins would be most helpful.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Since 6232 and 6236 are accessible cabins that is why I was curious. So, even though Schooner Lounge and other things are located on 6 along with other venues above and below 6,,it wasn't too noisy or congested?

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Have stayed on deck 6 on both the Allure and Oasis several times. Have never had a problem with noise and as others have mentioned...very close to popular destinations. Stairs are your friends. Our rule of thumb (depending on how much we have had to drink :eek:) is to go up to 3 floors down or 2 floors up and skip the elevator. YMMV and we do tend to increase that ratio earlier in the mornings... :D

Thanks so much...I'm feeling more confident securing an accessible cabin on Deck 6 now versus all the way up on Boardwalk deck 14 just below the pool deck and the kids play area.

We also thought about skipping the accessible room and I would put up with some inconveniences in exchange for getting a smaller cabin on one of the Central Park decks.

Very tough decision.

Edited by Dave4120

I see there are accessible ocean view cabins from D-5 through D-8 on decks 6, 9, 10, and 12. Only difference is the floor the cabin is on, and on deck 6 the cabins are mid ship while decks 9, 10 and 12, the cabin is more forward.

Any thoughts???

I'm in the aft most cabin on Allure. Judging from the deck plan, it looks like I'm behind Sabor. Does anyone know if there are doors at the end of the hall that open to the aqua theater area, or will I have to walk to the aft elevators to get to the boardwalk? I've never been on an Oasis class ship so I have no idea how the cabins/hallways are laid out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk