B2B procedure in Seward, AK

Doing the B2B in August, leaving from Vancouver, up to Seward, and then coming back down to Vancouver. Does anyone know the B2B procedure in Seward? Specifically if they had a special lunch when you were on board. I heard it depends how many people are staying on, but I want some kind of an idea what to expect.

Thanks for any information.

It is very Easy. As CBP is done in Vancouver they do not enforce the zero count rule there and you can say onboard. the new sea pass will ether be delivered o the cabin the night before or there is a place to go to pick them up.. the MDR will have the lunch if there is enough. when i went there were at least 2 tables full. you will also have to attend the second muster drill. there are shuttle busses into Seward for those wishing to go ashore.

Doing the B2B in August, leaving from Vancouver, up to Seward, and then coming back down to Vancouver. Does anyone know the B2B procedure in Seward? Specifically if they had a special lunch when you were on board. I heard it depends how many people are staying on, but I want some kind of an idea what to expect.

Thanks for any information.

Our B2B turnaround is in Vancouver.

"Sea" you on board very soon! :)

I complicated things by booking 1 cruise months ago and then just booked the second this morning with a different travel agent. Somehow I have to get these 2 reservations linked. If not, I guess I will just alert them at customer service, but who wants to stand in that line.

Hoping I can either talk DH into going whale watching (which we have already done several times) OR hike Mt Marathon. I am pretty sure he will want to do the lunch, if it is available.

Does anyone know if it is a special menu if it is in the MDR???

I complicated things by booking 1 cruise months ago and then just booked the second this morning with a different travel agent. Somehow I have to get these 2 reservations linked. If not, I guess I will just alert them at customer service, but who wants to stand in that line.

Hoping I can either talk DH into going whale watching (which we have already done several times) OR hike Mt Marathon. I am pretty sure he will want to do the lunch, if it is available.

When you do your online check-in, there is a place where they ask your departure travel plans. One of those choices is "consecutive cruiser". That will inform them that you are doing a B2B. No other action is needed.

Just for peace of mind, after the first cruise starts, drop by Guest Services or see the Loyalty Ambassador, and tell them that you are B2B and ask them to verify that you are on the list.

:)

There were at least 50 folks at the consecutive cruisers lunch in May. There is a "special" menu but nothing extremely WOW!....Good service,too, but I wouldn't skip Seward to dine there

Edited by STEVE-O

There were at least 50 folks at the consecutive cruisers lunch in May. There is a "special" menu but nothing extremely WOW!....Good service,too, but I wouldn't skip Seward to dine there

I would not miss a special lunch to do Seward. Seward is so small I could clean all the stores in an hour and sweep the streets to boot!! Nothing quaint or remarkable about them town. We much prefer to relax on ship.

I would not miss a special lunch to do Seward. Seward is so small I could clean all the stores in an hour and sweep the streets to boot!! Nothing quaint or remarkable about them town. We much prefer to relax on ship.

I was told that there is a fabulous way to spend turnaround day:

Go to the Kenai Fjords.

https://www.tripadvisor.com/AttractionProductDetail?product=7166P3&d=3377126&aidSuffix=xsell&partner=Viator

Our B2B turnaround is in Vancouver.

"Sea" you on board very soon! :)

So was ours last year! There were only seven of us - five from our party and another couple. Needless to say they did not do anything 'special' but we were keen to spend our time checking out Vancouver for the day!

So was ours last year! There were only seven of us - five from our party and another couple. Needless to say they did not do anything 'special' but we were keen to spend our time checking out Vancouver for the day!

My sister is flying in to Vancouver that day for her one way trip, joining us on the

northbound leg only. We will go off ship to find her as she arrives.

Probably just wait with her in the terminal to board. Then we can all have lunch

together on the ship. We always like the back open air section of Radiance series

behind the WJ. :)

Edited by island lady

It is a nice walk into town, (not the port tourist area, but the REAL town) there is a great Sea Aquarium,

and cute little parks along the way.

And as Merion Mom said, there are many boat charters you can do for the day, especially

the Kenai Fiords.

It is what you make of it. We enjoyed three days in Seward four years ago pre-cruise.

Went Salmon fishing, and found the little restaurant in town that will cook your catch.

It was a wonderful stay and we enjoyed watching the otters play in the harbor from

our balcony in the morning with our coffee.

Port and town is not set up as a shopping mecca. We don't go to Alaska to shop.

I can do that online.

Edited by island lady

Noo...no! Don't link your cruises! Do exactly as Merion Mom suggested. I learned

too late, and wish I had not linked my cruises. It messed a lot of things up.

It is a nice walk into town, (not the port tourist area, but the REAL town) there is a great Sea Aquarium,

and cute little parks along the way.

And as Merion Mom said, there are many boat charters you can do for the day, especially

the Kenai Fiords.

It is what you make of it. We enjoyed three days in Seward four years ago pre-cruise.

Went Salmon fishing, and found the little restaurant in town that will cook your catch.

It was a wonderful stay and we enjoyed watching the otters play in the harbor from

our balcony in the morning with our coffee.

Port and town is not set up as a shopping mecca. We don't go to Alaska to shop.

I can do that online.

I agree! There is NO WAY I would skip activities in Seward for LUNCH on the ship! :rolleyes:

I was told that there is a fabulous way to spend turnaround day:

Go to the Kenai Fjords.

https://www.tripadvisor.com/AttractionProductDetail?product=7166P3&d=3377126&aidSuffix=xsell&partner=Viator

I will probably book the regular 6-hour Kenai Fjords cruise into the national park with either Major Marine (https://majormarine.com/tour/6-hour-kenai-fjords-national-park-cruise/) or Kenai Fjords Tours (http://www.kenaifjords.com/day-cruises/national-park-tour/). The shorter Resurrection Bay cruises don't go out as far: 50 miles roundtrip vs. 100 miles roundtrip. I'll make sure to take my Meclizine before the cruise! :D

When you do your online check-in, there is a place where they ask your departure travel plans. One of those choices is "consecutive cruiser". That will inform them that you are doing a B2B. No other action is needed.

Just for peace of mind, after the first cruise starts, drop by Guest Services or see the Loyalty Ambassador, and tell them that you are B2B and ask them to verify that you are on the list.

:)

It's best to confirm with Guest Service that you are on the back to back manifest. I selected the "consecutive cruiser" in my online check-in and was not on the list. (last year on Independence) :rolleyes:

It's best to confirm with Guest Service that you are on the back to back manifest. I selected the "consecutive cruiser" in my online check-in and was not on the list. (last year on Independence) :rolleyes:

Oh I guarantee she is good at making sure to check in at GS, and helped me with instructions on doing just that also. :)

Oh I guarantee she is good at making sure to check in at GS, and helped me with instructions on doing just that also. :)

Judging by your signature I'm going to assume you have AT LEAST Diamond status, the concierge in the DL or CL can assist also. :D

Judging by your signature I'm going to assume you have AT LEAST Diamond status, the concierge in the DL or CL can assist also. :D

You can add a little plus mark with that ;), but yes, thanks! I will check with

Juan Diego in the DL. I hear he is pretty good and everyone raves about him.

I am not sure I have met him yet, but will find out in two weeks. :)

Edited by island lady

You can add a little plus mark with that ;), but yes, thanks! I will check with

Juan Diego in the DL. I hear he is pretty good and everyone raves about him.

I am not sure I have met him yet, but will find out in two weeks. :)

Hope you get to meet him before he leaves RC

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2380743

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hope you get to meet him before he leaves RC

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2380743

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Oh no!! :eek:

Wow, and he just came back to Radiance a week or so ago! Well, I will get to

see him on our 8/5 and 8/12 cruise before he leaves.

I am guessing many will miss him from the rave reviews I have seen.