new meet an greet

breckbird

There have to be 25 people signed up on a 7 day or longer cruise to have a Meet and Greet. It is to be listed in the Fun Times. It may be hard to find. We had over 75 people signed up and only 4 people showed up. I apologized and hoped that Carnival would not cancel this. I also suggested that there should be advance notice of when the meeting would be held. It is easy to miss the night before. We were told that Carnival is reviewing the process and looking at ways to make it better.

just off the legend and did not see the meet and greet ever in the funtimes. was woundering if this is the way it is on all ships or just this one time.

Hi Breckbird

Go to the last page of the "Sticky:New!OFFICIAL Meet & Mingle on your next Carnival cruise". It's at the top of this forum.

One of the cruise critic moderators (LauraS)is working with Carnival to help sort out issues that seem to be the norm.

She has left a link to contact her in the event that there are continued problems.

There was no event held for our cruise either and there were enough people signed up. We were also on the Legend, so maybe some ships they don't even bother. If that is the case, we should be informed.

have a good evening

Hi Breckbird

Go to the last page of the "Sticky:New!OFFICIAL Meet & Mingle on your next Carnival cruise". It's at the top of this forum.

One of the cruise critic moderators (LauraS)is working with Carnival to help sort out issues that seem to be the norm.

She has left a link to contact her in the event that there are continued problems.

There was no event held for our cruise either and there were enough people signed up. We were also on the Legend, so maybe some ships they don't even bother. If that is the case, we should be informed.

have a good evening

thank you for not talking down to me i have been on enough cruises to half way know what is going on maybe they dont think there is enough time on the alaska cruises to do one but would be nice if they told us that up front inted of getting the email saying they are haveing one

I didn't see it for my cruise a few weeks ago on the Legend. I kept looking for it, too. We had the email saying to look for it in the Fun Times, but still didn't see it.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Edited by QZQ

Hi there

Like I said...let LauraS know. She says she is trying to make these events happen with Carnival's involvement. If she doesn't know, she may very well think that everything is fine now.

QZQ, you are the third person today that mentioned that said their meet & greet didn't happen. If Carnival can't be consistent, why are they wasting our time?

Hi there

Like I said...let LauraS know. She says she is trying to make these events happen with Carnival's involvement. If she doesn't know, she may very well think that everything is fine now.

QZQ, you are the third person today that mentioned that said their meet & greet didn't happen. If Carnival can't be consistent, why are they wasting our time?

I personally think they are pretending to go along with it so they can stop and say that they tried, but there was no participation.

Yes, we had enough people signed up. I know I checked it before we left. As did others in our roll call. I personally don't understand why this is such a difficult thing. I also don't understand if this is a CC issue or Carnival? But why should either side agree to do something and then not follow through. I won't even bother signing up next time. Don't need to waste my time looking for it in the Fun Times every day.

Other cruise lines officially host a CC M&G and it was about time Carnival stepped it up too. I have heard about the odd times Carnival is choosing for the M&Gs so we'll see what happens on my upcoming Sunshine cruise.

It is true that many times fewer, sometimes FAR fewer, show than expected. I have also been to ones where many more showed up than expected. It was all good. It has not deterred other lines from continuing to host this event.

Yes, we had enough people signed up. I know I checked it before we left. As did others in our roll call. I personally don't understand why this is such a difficult thing. I also don't understand if this is a CC issue or Carnival? But why should either side agree to do something and then not follow through. I won't even bother signing up next time. Don't need to waste my time looking for it in the Fun Times every day.

From the comments on Healds pages, I feel like they do not support the Meet and Mingles. The only well attended ones that I have attended on Carnival were completely organized by roll call members. RCCL does theirs most efficiently but I was floored at how nice the one on NCL Getaway was. It had tons of food and all the ships officers there. It was very well done.

From the comments on Healds pages, I feel like they do not support the Meet and Mingles. The only well attended ones that I have attended on Carnival were completely organized by roll call members. RCCL does theirs most efficiently but I was floored at how nice the one on NCL Getaway was. It had tons of food and all the ships officers there. It was very well done.

That's too bad! This was the first cruise we did with just us. We have always cruised with friends or other family members. So it would have been nice to start off meeting a few other people. Yes, we did meet people along the way. But still, the gathering would have been nice too. It doesn't have to be that fancy, I'm sure we could all handle hanging out and talking, just getting to meet each other. I saw they have other Meet and Mingles every day though (the Bill W one, which I understand why, and there was a LGBT one every day as well). It's too bad that they won't help facilitate this one meetup.

• 2 weeks later...