Equinox Redeployment

Wine-O

Our 3 November 2017 Equinox TA is still showing in My Celebrity, so not officially canceled yet.

Caribbean fine, but I still prefer to see a roundtrip from LA or San Diego to the South Pacific with Hawaii in route (and back to originating port).

I just got a email from Celebrity it is Officially canceled.

While I must admit to being surprised by the people here who say that they're excited about the Equinox redeployment to the Caribbean, I think that Celebrity will be surprised by the number of people who will say "This is it! Celebrity has been slipping and it ]'s time to find another cruise line". As Elite Plus members, I think we've shown our "brand loyalty", but we have had it.

We are scheduled on both the Equinox April 24 T/A and its B2B 10 night Med cruise. We choose our cruises by the itinerary and the alternatives do not appeal to us. There is a vast difference in itineraries available for Europe, which affect the flavor and dynamic of the experience. Most of the Caribbean ports are just a variation on the theme; I do not understand how Celebrity can frame this decision as anything in the customer's best interest or benefit. Granted, there will be be people who will happily hop on the Equinox rather than one of the other available Caribbean ships, but I predict the Celebrity bottom line will suffer for this redeployment decision.

Finally, I am offended that Celebrity's notification that they've cancelled our holiday is presented as their "pleasure". Time for a change in the Executive Office.............

On the same subject, I just said on another thread: Maybe this is a sign to try another line - at least for me. Very disappointed with X at the moment.

There are 4 webinars with travel agents over the next 2 days. I'll bet that this will be covered with TAs and then released to the general public.

BILL

Bill and Rosie we love your videos (calorie free desserts at CHOPS lol)

Sailed with you one time on Serenade on a Jan 23 2010 cruise. Whenever I miss cruising I look at one of your videos. Just looked at your Jan 2016 B2B.

As far as repositioning of the Equinox, if you look at any online booking site they are offering 85% off Celebrity cruises in the Mediteranean. You can't make money like that. Who knows what the political climate will be next year, probably worse. Plus if I was a RCI shareholder I would be alarmed if management decided to risk putting a billion dollar ship in harm's way (nice target for terrorists). I'm showing my age but I remember the Achille Lauro incident where the terrorists invaded the ship and threw one of the passengers in a wheelchair off the ship (rest in peace Leon Klinghoffer).

As far as depending on passengers from Antarctica and the North Pole I have no comment on that. I'm glad you are happy enjoying your Celebrity cruises.

It would be nice if Celebrity would offer more longer voyages than just the 10 or 11 day cruises.

In the meantime my sister who lives with blindfolds on is going on a river cruise down the Seine flying back to the States from Paris. Oh boy.

Edited by NordicPrince

Our 3 November 2017 Equinox TA is still showing in My Celebrity, so not officially canceled yet.

Caribbean fine, but I still prefer to see a roundtrip from LA or San Diego to the South Pacific with Hawaii in route (and back to originating port).

A R\T trip from LA or San Diego to Hawaii is at least a 11 day trip with only a few days in Hawaii. If you're talking adding on the South Pacific and return you're talking at least 21 days. I have never seen a 21 day Celebrity cruise.

The only RCI cruises I have ever seen going to the South Pacific involve flying to Sydney Australia and cruising from there. I seem to remember seeing Paul Gaugain cruises going to the South Pacific. It might be feasible to fly to Honolulu and cruise R\T from there.

DW and I have talked about doing the South Pacific one day, the only limitations being the airfare and getting the time off at this time.

Our 3 November 2017 Equinox TA is still showing in My Celebrity, so not officially canceled yet

They have to get the ship to Florida
Once the Equinox comes back from Europe in November 2016 it is staying in Florida. So there can't be a 2017 return from Europe. Edited by oneputt18

False!

Disney has the Dream and Fantasy out or Port Canaveral year-round. The Wonder goes to Alaska in the summer. Only the Magic goes to Europe.

5 Ships from 4 diff cruise lines docked in Nassau right now!

MSC docked in St Maarten.

And where the Oasis & Allure are.

Edited by wallie5446

They have to get the ship to Florida

The ship is coming to Florida on the October 25 TA THIS fall and not going back.....

I think it was a combo of the tension in Europe over terrorism, the new Edge class coming out in 2017 and a belief by Celebrity that there is a market in the summer in the Caribbean....

I live in Florida and have cruised ONCE in the Caribbean in the summer and never again...it is hotter than the fires of...... in July-Sept.... but to each his own... Royal fills their ships at good prices so the market is there...I'm just not going to be a customer..

We were booked on the sailing just prior to the Fall 2017 TA....have received the call about it's cancellation....I wasn't home they left a message to call back, which I did and left a message myself...am sure they are QUITE busy with these calls today.... will wait to see what they say.... this is our 2nd time we've had a cruise cancelled...but thankfully it is far enough out that we will find something else to do....:)

That's exactly what showed up when I went to look at "My Celebrity" last night for my Transatlantic. :eek:

Wow! The IT dept at its best! You can't even get on the Celebrity site right now. Just got an email announcing the same deal as the on-line TA, but all I get when I click on the link is connecting.....connecting........connecting.....

Hey, Celebrity, don't frustrate your loyal customers! I might just book this as a birthday present for myself if I could access your site!!

All I can say is yikes! Caribbean is bad enough in the winter, can't imagine what it's like in the summer... wonder what demographic a July or August Caribbean cruise will attract?

People like me, mid-50 school administrators who can only vacation at certain times of the year! Hooligans!

I just got a email from Celebrity it is Officially canceled.

Did you book with Celebrity? We have not received any emails from Celebrity regarding the cancelation, but we are booked through a travel agent. So far the travel agent has not returned our phone call or email.

A R\T trip from LA or San Diego to Hawaii is at least a 11 day trip with only a few days in Hawaii. If you're talking adding on the South Pacific and return you're talking at least 21 days. I have never seen a 21 day Celebrity cruise.

HAL's RT LA to South Pacific cruise is 28 days, which would be fine with us if Celebrity would offer the same.

Did you book with Celebrity? We have not received any emails from Celebrity regarding the cancelation, but we are booked through a travel agent. So far the travel agent has not returned our phone call or email.

I got an official e-mail from my TA this afternoon which had an attachment from Celebrity offering up various options.

Our 3 November 2017 Equinox TA is still showing in My Celebrity, so not officially canceled yet

Once the Equinox comes back from Europe in November 2016 it is staying in Florida. So there can't be a 2017 return from Europe.

That's correct. There's no way that Equinox can be doing a Westbound Transatlantic, when the ship will be in Florida in November 2017.

While I must admit to being surprised by the people here who say that they're excited about the Equinox redeployment to the Caribbean, I think that Celebrity will be surprised by the number of people who will say "This is it! Celebrity has been slipping and it ]'s time to find another cruise line". As Elite Plus members, I think we've shown our "brand loyalty", but we have had it.

We are scheduled on both the Equinox April 24 T/A and its B2B 10 night Med cruise. We choose our cruises by the itinerary and the alternatives do not appeal to us. There is a vast difference in itineraries available for Europe, which affect the flavor and dynamic of the experience. Most of the Caribbean ports are just a variation on the theme; I do not understand how Celebrity can frame this decision as anything in the customer's best interest or benefit. Granted, there will be be people who will happily hop on the Equinox rather than one of the other available Caribbean ships, but I predict the Celebrity bottom line will suffer for this redeployment decision.

Finally, I am offended that Celebrity's notification that they've cancelled our holiday is presented as their "pleasure". Time for a change in the Executive Office.............

Recently many people are unhappy with their favorite cruise lines for the changes and cuts they implemented, and are looking to try out other cruise lines. Change is always good in a way and hopefully everyone will find something that tickles their fancy for a while till its time to move on to another one.

Bill and Rosie we love your videos (calorie free desserts at CHOPS lol)

I was just going to post the same to Bill. We were "almost" on the same cruise once, but I found another one form my home port so I switched.:)

Love the videos, Bill.

Yes and no. Yes I book with Celebrity the email I received was the roll out for the new "endless summer sale" which is the new Equinox in the Caribbean all year long.

HAL's RT LA to South Pacific cruise is 28 days, which would be fine with us if Celebrity would offer the same.

Why not just cruise with Holland American? I have no loyalty to any line or a favorite cruise line. :cool:

All I can say is yikes! Caribbean is bad enough in the winter, can't imagine what it's like in the summer... wonder what demographic a July or August Caribbean cruise will attract?

Cruise Kitty!

You need to read Lisa's press release. It calls the new group or demographic

that she is addressing..."affluent." I wonder how many of these affluent people will want to cruise in the summer...

S

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by Lastdance

I'm feeling pretty lucky today. When we started planning our Spring 2017 Med cruise, the first Equinox sailing out of Barcelona was one of the "finalists" we considered. Although we loved the Equinox, we decided the most important thing when we go to Europe is the itinerary...the ship is much less important to us than when we cruise in the Caribbean.

We don't want a lot of sea days, because we can do that without spending thousands to fly across the Atlantic! We finally settled on a HAL cruise that we think has a *perfect* itinerary...it's 12 nights and only one sea day:eek:, so lots of time in port!:D

I've already booked my air and started planning excursions, so I would be deeply disappointed if we had decided on the Equinox cruise. I know cruise lines have to make what they think are fiscally sound decisions, but I do wish there was some kind of assurance that past a certain date -- maybe once air itineraries open for booking -- that a cruise would only be cancelled for an emergency. I don't think it's right that cruise lines charter ships or redeploy ships within a window when many have started making their other arrangements.

Hello,

Yikes...sorry.

Maybe they will let you transfer to the Eclipse out of Southampton on Sept 3 ? Hope you find something comparable and that meets your desires !!

BBL

Thank-you for your kind words but it will all work out. There are no shortage of places we want to visit. The shock has worn off and the disappointment is lessening. We'll find something else...[emoji4]

Edited by Sandyrella