Inside Cabin with door on long side?

HI everyone,

I am doing some early planning for a cruise on Regal Princess next year and wanted to know what the insides look like when the cabin has its long wall on the hallway. Does anyone have an explanation or photo, it would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Nancy

Hi Nancy!

I sailed in a "sideways" inside on Royal last year. Can I just say it's one of my favorite cabins ever?

One wall is the bed with two night stands on either side. The other wall is a long desk/dresser combo with mirror and the TV.

Behind that are wide, deep shelves plus the normal cabinet with shelves and the safe.

Across from that is the closet, divided into two sections.

We actually had MORE storage space in our inside cabin than my mother had in her balcony.

The bathroom was just the same as the one in her balcony.

IMHO...sideways cabins rock :)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

HI everyone,

I am doing some early planning for a cruise on Regal Princess next year and wanted to know what the insides look like when the cabin has its long wall on the hallway. Does anyone have an explanation or photo, it would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Nancy

They are called sideways insides. If you do a search there are a few threads on them. Here is one......

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1460243&highlight=sideways+insides

We had one of these sideways inside cabins on the Royal this past February. It was great and we are staying in another one on the Regal this coming February.

As you can see in Pam’s pictures, there is a space along with the small bedside tables on each side of the bed. This is extra space that isn’t found in the normal inside cabins. Granted it isn’t a lot of extra space, but it was enough to make the room seem slightly bigger. Also, the desk is longer and more usable. We loved the sideways inside cabin.

Some of this type cabin have beds mounted on the wall for a third and fourth passenger.

If there are only two of you, you probably want to avoid the cabins with the beds sticking out from the wall.

• 3 weeks later...
On the Grand class ships the closets have doors on them in the sideways cabins.

101_1769EmeraldPrincessCabinR515_zpse878bdcc.jpg

Thank you. We might take a 4 night next winter with friends, and might try an inside cabin for the first time. These look a little less claustrophobic. I know HAL has some nice big inside cabins, but they don't do the 4 night trips we are considering.

We always try and get one of those rooms. We have had it on the Royal and the Regal and have it again on the regal again in January. The ony time I dont have it is when they offer me a really great deal on a balcony

Hi Nancy!

I sailed in a "sideways" inside on Royal last year. Can I just say it's one of my favorite cabins ever?

One wall is the bed with two night stands on either side. The other wall is a long desk/dresser combo with mirror and the TV.

Behind that are wide, deep shelves plus the normal cabinet with shelves and the safe.

Across from that is the closet, divided into two sections.

We actually had MORE storage space in our inside cabin than my mother had in her balcony.

The bathroom was just the same as the one in her balcony.

IMHO...sideways cabins rock :)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

We have a sideways inside booked on the Royal Princess for November. Always wanted to stay in one of them. Thanks everyone for the feedback and to Pam for the pictures!

I had one on the Royal and did like the cabin. On the negative side is you walk right into the cabin. Mom hated that and preferred the other setup where you walk into the closet area. I would be out later than her and as quiet as I tried to be coming in she often woke up.

Tony thank you. When we have had the normal inside cabins we have just tucked it in the open closet at the back...but if there are doors it might not fit...we will see if ask the steward to remove it.

Your welcome and that all you have to do is ask the steward and he will remove it. I do it all the time.

Tony

I had one on the Royal and did like the cabin. On the negative side is you walk right into the cabin. Mom hated that and preferred the other setup where you walk into the closet area. I would be out later than her and as quiet as I tried to be coming in she often woke up.

Not good if one is in their tidy whities for all in the passageway to see .

Edited by Colo Cruiser