Question...

Tminish

Can you purchase insurance after your cruise has been paid off or is it something that needs to be done before final payment?

I cruise in October and I'm still undecided. I've always gotten insurance but not so sure about this year. If decided that I want it after I make final payment August 1st, can I add it?

I know it's important to have..

Got it!

"Prior to when the plan is needed. You must purchase travel insurance coverage before it is needed. Some travel medical plans are available for purchase after you have departed, but comprehensive plans that include medical coverage must be purchased prior to departing. However, you can’t buy any medical coverage once you recognize a need for medical attention. The same applies for all travel insurance coverage. Once you recognize the need, it is too late to protect your trip."

With reading this, I am going to assume that I can purchase after final payment as long as it's before departing!

Thanks folks!!!!

Can you purchase insurance after your cruise has been paid off or is it something that needs to be done before final payment?

I cruise in October and I'm still undecided. I've always gotten insurance but not so sure about this year. If decided that I want it after I make final payment August 1st, can I add it?

I know it's important to have..

Yes, you can purchase trip insurance after the cruise is paid off. However, if you need coverage for a pre-existing condition, most, if not all, insurance companies require you to purchase the policy within so many days of your initial deposit. I think it's within 14 days, but there might be some variations on that. insuremytrip.com will let you do side by side comparisons of different policies from different companies. You can easily compare costs and what is covered, and select the policy that best suits you.

You can buy insurance anytime...but what it covers will vary depending when you buy it! Unless you buy insurance when you book your trip, it will NOT cover pre-existing conditions or "cancel for any reason"..... after you book the trip, insurance is pretty limited as to what it covers.