4 Star + 2 Star Mariners in same cabin

BlackJack2

We are Four Star Mariners and we will have a Two Star Mariner in the cabin with us on our next cruise. Does the Two Star Mariner priority board (priority check-in) with us? And, does the Two Star Mariner have priority tendering with us?

~Thanks!

I believe that if all guests in the same cabin are on the same booking number then all would get the 4 star benefits. As for the priority boarding, it's just easier for everyone, if they all board together. With priority tendering, I understand that a 4 star could take a 2 star as their companion. Just have the 4 star show their card, and not the 2 star.

From the Mariner Society FAQs:

12. If a 3-Star Mariner shares a stateroom with a 2-Star Mariner, does each guest receive separate benefits?

All guests sharing a stateroom as part of the same booking will receive the benefits earned by the guest at the highest Star level. Guests sharing a stateroom under different booking numbers receive individual Star level benefits (this includes 3rd & 4th guest sharing the same stateroom).

For future reference, here is a link to the Mariner Society site which has the FAQs and lots of other helpful informatiuon:

Smooth sailing ...

Agree with above post, but you should really email the Mariner Society and confirm this.

Have a great cruise!

Good suggestion. I have also had good success just calling the Mariner Society: (1–800–547–9139).

Smooth sailing ...

I believe that if all guests in the same cabin are on the same booking number then all would get the 4 star benefits. As for the priority boarding, it's just easier for everyone, if they all board together. With priority tendering, I understand that a 4 star could take a 2 star as their companion. Just have the 4 star show their card, and not the 2 star.

Absolutely correct. The 4* shows their card first and then the 2* with the 4* saying they are with them ;)

Absolutely correct. The 4* shows their card first and then the 2* with the 4* saying they are with them ;)

Yes. My experience as well. Even though I'm "gay" married and my wife has a different last name and different mariner level.:)

. With priority tendering,That would not b e permitted everyone must have their card scanned as they leave the ship.

As far as boarding together. There is no rule against a 4 STAR getting in the other line with thei rfriend/relative and f;ore going pirorityb boatding. They can all b oard together in the regular line. simple.

I was strictly speaking about using one's ship card to get a priority tender ticket or to get into a line-up for a tender without a tender ticket. Not for the scanning of one's card when actually departing the ship.

I apologize for the confusion that my post caused.

Speaking from first hand experience, not supposition, there is NO problem with having the 2* card scanned and receiving the equal benefits of their 4* traveling companion. As was stated earlier, HAL gives the 4* benefits to all on the same booking with a 4*. Those benefits are also included on the card of the 2*. In my case I was traveling with a 1* friend. She was surprised to receive my discount at the Explorations Café - as was the crew scanning her card. She was entitled to every single 'perk' that my Mariner status gave.

It doesn't matter one iota how many stars are actually shown on the card. Don't listen to those who claim you'll have a problem when the 'lesser' card is scanned. I'd be shocked if they have shared a booking with someone with fewer stars. :rolleyes:

Edited by Mary Ellen

Speaking from first hand experience, not supposition, there is NO problem with having the 2* card scanned and receiving the equal benefits of their 4* traveling companion. As was stated earlier, HAL gives the 4* benefits to all on the same booking with a 4*. Those benefits are also included on the card of the 2*. In my case I was traveling with a 1* friend. She was surprised to receive my discount at the Explorations Café - as was the crew scanning her card. She was entitled to every single 'perk' that my Mariner status gave.

It doesn't matter one iota how many stars are actually shown on the card. Don't listen to those who claim you'll have a problem when the 'lesser' card is scanned. I'd be shocked if they have shared a booking with someone with fewer stars. :rolleyes:

Thank you, I was wondering about how it would work at the Explorations Cafe. DH often will pick up a specialty coffee for me while I'm dressing in the morning. I just made 4-star, he's 3 points away. Good to know the 50% off will be honored. :)

those who have priority teendering donot ge tehender tickets, per se. they show their card at the gangway, it is scanned and it shows if fhey are eligib ble. Everyone nmust show their card to scan off the ship. Tender tickets are given to those who must report to the deisgnated room and get a 'ticket.

Edited by sail7seas

those who have priority teendering donot ge tehender tickets, per se. they show their card at the gangway, it is scanned and it shows if fhey are eligib ble. Everyone nmust show their card to scan off the ship. Tender tickets are given to those who must report to the deisgnated room and get a 'ticket.

On my May/16 cruise, all independent pax, whether or not they were entitled to priority tendering, had to get tender tickets. Those with priority, including us, got red tickets while the non priority pax got blue tickets. The red tickets were called after the HAL shorex pax and before the blue tickets.

Kazu's post seems pretty clear to me, not sure what clarification is needed. :confused:

I've been reading this thread, and want to thank everyone who has actually contributed. I will be 4 star soon. My DH has a long, long way to go to 4 star. I have always presumed that my DH would be entitled to all 4 star benefits when we travel together. Of course I would expect he would be welcome to join me in the priority embarkation line, along with any priority tendering we might want to do.

Something remarkably familiar here. :) RINGs a bell. in my memory bank.) Your presumption is correct, in this c ase.

Edited by sail7seas