Triple Cabin Sofa

BlackJack2

How easy is it to convert the sofa in a triple cabin into a bed at night and then back to a sofa during the day? I hate to make more work for the cabin steward – so was wondering if it was something that they can easily change back and forth.

The triple cabins we have had on HAL had a mattress that pulls out of the sofa (think a Castro Convertible if you remember that brand). The steward makes the bed up at night and puts the mattress back in the morning so that the sofa is usable during the day.

The bed can not be left out during the day because it takes up floor space (can make getting around the sofa bed and into the bathroom during the night interesting).

We had a triple in a seaview cabin on the Statendam and there was no problem getting around the bed and to the bathroom at night. It did not take up that much room. I believe it came out less than the width of the wall to the bathroom so there was plenty of walking room around it.

Maybe the sleeper sofas are different on various classes of ships. On the Zuiderdam, the sofa took up lots of floor space when it was made up for the night. The steward made up the bed while we were at dinner. In the morning I sometimes put it back into a sofa and sometimes the steward did.

The sofa/bed in a triple remains the same size...it doesn't pull out and doesn't block floor space going in or out of the cabin...

That will definitely vary based on class of ship.

It may also vary based on category of cabin.

Some sofa beds are "flip-over" where the person sleeps along the length of the couch. Others are pull-outs, where the table and chair have to be moved, as the bed takes up floor space.

Maybe the sleeper sofas are different on various classes of ships. On the Zuiderdam, the sofa took up lots of floor space when it was made up for the night. The steward made up the bed while we were at dinner. In the morning I sometimes put it back into a sofa and sometimes the steward did.

I was also on the Zuideredam (and Westerdam) with a triple cabin. As I stated,

the made up sofa bed did take up a lot of floor space.

That will definitely vary based on class of ship.

It may also vary based on category of cabin.

Some sofa beds are "flip-over" where the person sleeps along the length of the couch. Others are pull-outs, where the table and chair have to be moved, as the bed takes up floor space.

The triple room was on the vista class (Westerdam and Oosterdam).....haven't used a triple in the smaller ships....

I thought the pull-out sofa was marketed as quad rooms or could sleep 4......like in a Neptune Suite.....which I think only two small children could possibly use.....:)

I thought the pull-out sofa was marketed as quad rooms or could sleep 4......like in a Neptune Suite.....which I think only two small children could possibly use.....:)

In some quad cabins the 3rd bed is a sofa that flips, while the 4th bed is a pull down from the ceiling, over the main bed(s).

It can vary greatly, so unless you see a picture, or read a report, on how it is in a given room, it really is hard to predict what the set-up is.

LOL I have two small children (3 and 5) and one husband, and we're booked on Rotterdam in a quad (one sofa bed and one drop down bed), EE1820, Dolphin deck.

Does anyone know where the drop down bed is located... either over the sofa, or over the bed? (Nevermind! Just saw Ruth's post above!) Has anyone seen what it looks like? Will it go back up during the day, or stay down for the cruise? There aren't many quads, and I can't find any pics. I think our cabin will look like a giant explosion of bedding, so we're going to try to keep it as neat as possible. :confused:

Edited by SandRaven

We frequently have someone on the sofa bed in a triple room. It's super easy to make up daily. We frequently have to tell the stewards we want the bed put away each day though - seems as though if we don't, it stays a bed for the entire cruise! We like to have the sofa for sitting on during the day!