Summit at Sea Day's

YAKE

DW her two sisters and myself are on 18 September sailing of the Summit with five day's at sea which we all plan to enjoy. But I do have a couple questions.

Where would be the best place to walk laps to get our fitbit 10,000 steps?

What would a good place with a table for us play games?

We just came back from a cruise on the Summit and we walked along outside on deck 4 whichever side had no sun on it. There is a walking track on deck 11 but too many people to walk around. Deck 4 in the AM is relatively quiet. There are a few venues that have tables so you should be able to find a place.

This was our only complaint about the Summit, not true promenade. There was one deck that you could walk back and forth (but not around). It might have been deck 4 as the previous poster said. We were on one of the first cruises after dry dock so one end of this deck was blocked off with equipment so the walk was even shorter than normal.

The walking track on deck 11 is too short and you dodge and weave around people and chairs and walk right through a major smoking area so not at all pleasant.

You can always use the treadmill in the gym.

DW her two sisters and myself are on 18 September sailing of the Summit with five day's at sea which we all plan to enjoy. But I do have a couple questions.

Deck 11 has the walking track. 11 laps is a mile. I go up about 6 or 7am. During the day to many people just wandering. It is hard to do good laps. I didn't use the elevator that much. On sea days it was hard getting my 10,000 steps.

As far a for games Cafe Bacio has tables and also the Waterfall Cafe, the buffet.

Edited by ozark74

Deck 11 has a jogging track, DH and I went up every morning and walked at least a mile or more. Everyone was very nice the runners didn't run us over, and the walkers usually moved over when needed.

As for playing games, The library on decks 7 & 8 have tables, and we saw people playing games in there occasionally. We sometimes played cards at the tables by Café al Bacio.

I hope this helps. Have a great time.

treadmills are great for the 10,000 steps. Also avoiding elevators and taking the steps is a good workout. Of course going down is much easier and a great way to get the steps in. :D All joking aside, I was able to get my 10000 steps in on the summit very easily with the treadmill in the am before breakfast and throughout the day.

I will tell where are not good places with a table to play games: Cafe al Bacio and the Oceanview Cafe epecially during peak meal times.

Nothing is worse than people camping out for hours taking up tables playing games when people need seats to eat, have coffee/snacks, etc. It's Celebrity's fault for getting rid of the game room but still does not excuse this behavior by some passengers.

No place during peak hours is a good place to play a game. But, on my multiple Summit cruises, the only time I have ever seen the coffee shop/ice cream area busy was first thing in the morning, and most of those people took their items to go. While the counter area may be hopping busy, by late morning, into afternoon and evening, the seating area is almost a ghost town. It is a great place to play some games.

No place during peak hours is a good place to play a game. But, on my multiple Summit cruises, the only time I have ever seen the coffee shop/ice cream area busy was first thing in the morning, and most of those people took their items to go. While the counter area may be hopping busy, by late morning, into afternoon and evening, the seating area is almost a ghost town. It is a great place to play some games.

We just sailed Summit May 29 - June 5 and on sea days Cafe al Bacio was full when we went around 2:30 pm. We had to wait for seats on multiple ocassions. There was a steady flow of people looking for seats there as they also have entertainment in the afternoons on sea days.

I know on past cruises they have had notices in relation to the Oceanview Cafe in the daily program that once you are finished eating to please leave and not to linger at tables so others may sit. Now if you want to go up there from 3-5 pm I think that would be fine.

Also, remember the OP is asking about sea days on a Canada / New England cruise which will be cooler so less people, if any, will be eating outside or at the pool area.

Is this during a cruise where the majority have a drink package?

Our experience in that case (5 or 6 of the last cruises) is that Cafe al Bacio is crowded most of the day. It also depends on the pax mix: Lots of Americans, lots of coffees to go. Lots of people from the rest of the world, sitting at a table with your coffee is pretty normal.

I will tell where are not good places with a table to play games: Cafe al Bacio and the Oceanview Cafe epecially during peak meal times.

Nothing is worse than people camping out for hours taking up tables playing games when people need seats to eat, have coffee/snacks, etc. It's Celebrity's fault for getting rid of the game room but still does not excuse this behavior by some passengers.

Good point. I have seen the same...crowded Café, no tables to eat at and several tables taken by card players when there are plenty of other areas on the ship to play cards.

The moral to the story is this. If you want to play a game, and the location is busy... don't play your game there.... where ever that may be. If it is not busy, then read a book, play a game, what ever. Enjoy yourself.

Have a great cruise.