royal caribbean please give us Turkey info

My understanding is that most cruise lines, if not all, have cancelled their stops in Turkey and substituted other ports, or extended stays in scheduled ports.

not the case with royal- they only canceled this week so far and have said the rest still stand at the moment but they are looking into perhaps changing - last week (17th) was the last update

they already did.. a couple of days ago in fact. by and large all schedule port stops have been canceled.

where did you get the info- last info on face book says last weeks only canceled - email responces say the same

According to the news section on CC this is the update from RCI as of today

Royal Caribbean International: "We are closely monitoring the situation in Turkey; at this time, Royal Caribbean International has not made any modifications to any upcoming sailings that visit Turkish ports."

Royal Caribbean International: "We are closely monitoring the situation in Turkey; at this time, Royal Caribbean International has not made any modifications to any upcoming sailings that visit Turkish ports."[/QUO

Thanks for the update I had missed that. I am surprised at this as Canada has advised against going- what happens if a Canadian takes ill on the cruise in Turkey ports - would they be insured if off loaded to Turkey. In UK we are not covered it FO advise is not to travel.

Edited by fragilek

It's a worrying situation.

I'm on the Rhapsody sailing due to stop at Kusadasi on the 31st and have had no notification of any itinerary changes. Because of this I'm keeping very close tabs on the situation out there, it doesn't look good.

What would you rather have RCI do, say nothing or tell you nothing has changed and then cancel/substitute the port while you are on board? Anything can happen at any port at any time. Who would have thought Labadee would be closed due to a demonstration, or Athens closed due to a strike. My suggestion is plan as if the itinerary goes as scheduled but be prepared with plan B.

Edited by Biker19

What would you rather have RCI do, say nothing or tell you nothing has changed and then cancel/substitute the port while you are on board?

I would rather they told me, they can't help the situation, so it's not their fault. I would have no problems with being told that while the country is in the state of emergency, stops are canceled. Would be nice to know if a replacement is being arranged or if its a sea day. But either way I would be much more relaxed about the situation.

What would you rather have RCI do, say nothing or tell you nothing has changed and then cancel/substitute the port while you are on board? Anything can happen at any port at any time. Who would have thought Labadee would be closed due to a demonstration, or Athens closed due to a strike. My suggestion is plan as if the itinerary goes as scheduled but be prepared with plan B.

Not quite sure that the examples that you have given are comparable to a country that has declared a state of emergency and just suspend European Convention on Human Rights. Personally I would prefer RCI to make the call now and change for either a sea day or preferably a different port of call.

Not quite sure that the examples that you have given are comparable to a country that has declared a state of emergency and just suspend European Convention on Human Rights. Personally I would prefer RCI to make the call now and change for either a sea day or preferably a different port of call.

A lot of this is very local - you have a war going on in eastern Ukraine but you won't that if you are tourist in Kyiv. The state of emergency may have no impact whatsoever in some remote ports. RCI, rightly, can't just make a blanket statement, it will have to be port by port and sailing by sailing decision on what to do - including sometimes up to the day of arrival.

They told you that already in the quote above. My advice would be to take a couple of days off from CC and the news.

no they didn't - I emailed yesterday and that is not what they told me- They put that out today and not on their web were we would be likely to find any info. Thus why I asked on here.

Yip and burying our heads in the sand by ignoring the news isn't going to make the news go away :rolleyes:.

Edited by fragilek

Royal Caribbean International: "We are closely monitoring the situation in Turkey; at this time, Royal Caribbean International has not made any modifications to any upcoming sailings that visit Turkish ports."

can you direct me to where this is as I cannot find it, would like to bookmark it in case more info is put up here. thanks

http://www.cruisecritic.co.uk/news/news.cfm?ID=6769

This is the link, to be honest its the only place that I've been able to find anything out.

that's actually an old link in the CC news section there is an update on july 18th but that's the last one I can find and is only addressing the 2 sailings that took place this week. I was hoping for a later one - looks like there isn't any.

Thanks Bob,

Unfortunately I'm in the UK and the link redirects me to the UK site. There is nothing showing at all on there regarding Turky. Is there anything different than what's been posted above?

Thanks Bob,

Unfortunately I'm in the UK and the link redirects me to the UK site. There is nothing showing at all on there regarding Turky. Is there anything different than what's been posted above?

This is dated July 18, 2016:

After reviewing all of the available information, Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd. has decided to cancel our next three calls to Turkey. Vision of the Seas and Brilliance of the Seas will now call on Chania (Souda) Crete, Greece on Tuesday, July 19 and Wednesday, July 20 (respectively). As we continue to monitor the situation in Turkey, Royal Caribbean International will contact guests or their travel agents should we make any additional modifications to future itineraries.

that's actually an old link in the CC news section there is an update on july 18th but that's the last one I can find and is only addressing the 2 sailings that took place this week. I was hoping for a later one - looks like there isn't any.

Ah so it is, sorry about that. So we're none the wiser.

thanks - It looks like they are just going to do it sailing by sailing then if required. What happens if a countries FO says Turkey is a no go (as Canada have now done) can we then cancel if the ship is still sailing there as we will not be insured while the ship is in Turkey

This is dated July 18, 2016:

After reviewing all of the available information, Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd. has decided to cancel our next three calls to Turkey. Vision of the Seas and Brilliance of the Seas will now call on Chania (Souda) Crete, Greece on Tuesday, July 19 and Wednesday, July 20 (respectively). As we continue to monitor the situation in Turkey, Royal Caribbean International will contact guests or their travel agents should we make any additional modifications to future itineraries.

Thank you so much, still nothing about next weeks sailings though :(

thanks - It looks like they are just going to do it sailing by sailing then if required. What happens if a countries FO says Turkey is a no go (as Canada have now done) can we then cancel if the ship is still sailing there as we will not be insured while the ship is in Turkey

If you are that worried, just stay on the ship.

If you are that worried, just stay on the ship.

all good an well unless something goes wrong as cannot be medi vac 'd off in that country. I have also heard that in some cases the full trip insurance is not valid if any port of call is against FO guidance. Not the case for us at the minute but I am keeping my eye on it.