Upgrade request was denied.... :(

Didn't you pay to get them both in the same category or did I not understand that? If you did pay, then one of those cabins is no longer a guarantee. That could be your issue.

I was told that both of the reservations were denied to upgrade to ocean views guarantee, even one of them is still booked as inside cabin guarantee.

The reason I am wondering whether Royal Caribbean did that on purpose is that I checked cabin assignment almost every two days before they were assigned. There were many connection cabins available the day before the cabins were assigned. However, our cabins were still be assigned far far away. It happened twice!! Very suspicious. :)

After reading through all the posts on this subject, I was trying to figure out why in the world you would book a guarantee if you had specific expectations in the cabins being together. I get it to save a few bucks. But you really put yourself in this situation by not selecting the cabin. Going back into the guarantee pool isn't going to ensure they will be together. An OV guarantee still won't get you what you want. Quit playing the game of rolling the dice and select new cabins where they are close together. A guarantee cabin means you accept a cabin anywhere on the ship in that particular category or higher. No guarantee they will be together.

Edited by iluvcruzin

After reading through all the posts on this subject, I was trying to figure out why in the world you would book a guarantee if you had specific expectations in the cabins being together. I get it to save a few bucks. But you really put yourself in this situation by not selecting the cabin. Going back into the guarantee pool isn't going to ensure they will be together. An OV guarantee still won't get you what you want. Quit playing the game of rolling the dice and select new cabins where they are close together. A guarantee cabin means you accept a cabin anywg

By no means that I want two cabins are next to each other. I just wish they could be as close as possible. That's it. No more. We even had a plan if two cabins are too far away. Two kids and one adult will sleep in one cabin and another adult will sleep in another room. Not a big deal. Right now, ocean views guarantee is cheaper than what we paid for. It will be the icing on the cake if we can upgrade to ocean views cabin since we paid more than that.

By no means that I want two cabins are next to each other. I just wish they could be as close as possible. That's it. No more. We even had a plan if two cabins are too far away. Two kids and one adult will sleep in one cabin and another adult will sleep in another room. Not a big deal. Right now, ocean views guarantee is cheaper than what we paid for. It will be the icing on the cake if we can upgrade to ocean views cabin since we paid more than that.

Move past it and get on with the planning of your dining and entertainment.

Bon Voyage!

I wanted to do a couple of mock bookings and under the new system you can select forward, mid, or aft and all sections had different pricing so I'm wondering if that means no more changing guarantee cabin unless you remain in the same section keeping the pricing the same. I have always kept the guarantee room they pick for me because I never knew I could change unless I wanted to pay for an upgrade.

I booked a guarantee on Freedom on Saturday and today it went up 14% offering a resident special which makes it equal to what I originally paid, some sale, huh! What matters to me is if I am happy with the price at booking. Also the going going gone sale is equal to what I paid. I only checked because I thought I might make it a b2b if price got better

I wanted to do a couple of mock bookings and under the new system you can select forward, mid, or aft and all sections had different pricing so I'm wondering if that means no more changing guarantee cabin unless you remain in the same section keeping the pricing the same. I have always kept the guarantee room they pick for me because I never knew I could change unless I wanted to pay for an upgrade.

I booked a guarantee on Freedom on Saturday and today it went up 14% offering a resident special which makes it equal to what I originally paid, some sale, huh! What matters to me is if I am happy with the price at booking. Also the going going gone sale is equal to what I paid. I only checked because I thought I might make it a b2b if price got better

You are seeing different pricing because it is selecting different categories of cabins for you when you change location. All pricing within the same category is still the same. This is the one part of the new site that can be a bit confusing as you need to go right to the last step to see what the cabin is that you have chosen based on location.