Suite assignments

banditcat

Generally you should receive your suite assignment about 30 days prior to your cruise. However, if there is a full sailing that may be delayed until up to only a few days before your departure. I have found that suite assignments as of late are being given a bit later than "normal".

hannah,

my partner and i are on the december 4 cruise as well and he is originally from tulsa so you can all reminisce (or not!) we also have run of the ship and truly there is no bad suite aboard seabourn. you will love it. see you on board!

henry

In most instances the effect is the same. The difference is in the pricing as a ROS is less expensive.

Why would anyone book an A Gty if it is more than ROS? You cant get any "lower" a category than A. Maybe just a limited # of ROS offered?

Host Dan

There are actually a few different ROS with an increasing scale of single supplements to go along with them. They are extremely limited, even moreso than the A GTY. As Martita said, they go very early once the cruise is opened for booking. (Of course you might get lucky if someone subsequently cancels as they usually go back into inventory. But don't count on it.)

My question, though, and I think it is what Host Dan is also curious to know, is: what exactly is the difference between an ROS booking (based on double occupancy, not single) and an A-guaranty, in terms of pricing? As the A-guaranty is based on the lowest PUBLISHED price, how can the ROS be less expensive than an A-guaranty?

Aren't they, in fact, one and the same?

Thanks,

Denyse

Denyse, as I understand it..ROS gives you an opportunity to get any upgrade...but..could be the lowest category possible. An A-guarantee is just that....you can be upgraded..and can go no lower than a A category. ROS would be slightly cheaper. We get ROS for our daughter with the 110% booking..and we get the A guarantee. We have been fortunate in that she has always had a suite a few doors from ours.

Henry,

Yes, I received them yesterday! My TA express-mailed it on Monday or Tuesday. Are your docs coming directly from Blue Lagoon, or from a TA?

I'm actually starting to get excited, and really looking forward to meeting you.

Denyse

Archived