Input about which Zoo

I think the person with the question about zoos mentioned Newcastle as a Port, some winery tours visit Hunter Valley zoo, now it's nowhere near as spectacular as some of the others but a lovely shall I say quaint spot to visit.

Are there plenty of places to sit down at the Taronga Zoo? I use a cane and need to sit frequently.

About the price of food-really how expensive is it? If I wanted to buy a burger, fries and a drink how much would it cost (approximately)?

Thanks!

Are there plenty of places to sit down at the Taronga Zoo? I use a cane and need to sit frequently.

About the price of food-really how expensive is it? If I wanted to buy a burger, fries and a drink how much would it cost (approximately)?

Thanks!

There is seating, but it is a pretty steep walk.

Google Taronga zoo food and you be able to see some menus with pricing for some reason it won't let me post the link.

Thanks!

Start at the top and work your way down, it is much easier. If you arrive by Ferry, get the Sky Safari (cable car) to the top of the hill. There are seats and benches around the zoo for resting a while. There is also a zoo train for additional expense (see link).

https://taronga.org.au/taronga-zoo/plan-your-zoo-visit/facilities-accessibility

It has been a while since I was there but I would allow $20 AUD pp for that menu.

some pretty good advice from the contributors on this thread as is pretty well always the case.

Assuming your cruise is Sydney/Sydney & so Brisbane is just a port day, unless you really have your heart set on Australia Zoo, I would suggest you give the zoo a miss - it is quite a way from the port & there is much to see in & around Brisbane - the city, the river etc.

Taronga is one of the world's great zoos, & you really should try and spend at least half a day there. It is right across the harbour & the views are spectacular. If you have some time in Sydney pre or post-cruise & you really want to get up close to native Australian animals, then I highly recommend Featherdale, perhaps in conjunction with a trip to the Blue Mountains. If time is limited, there is a wildlife place in Darling Harbour, but I have not been there.

Whatever you choose, you will have a great time I'm sure.

Start at the top and work your way down, it is much easier. If you arrive by Ferry, get the Sky Safari (cable car) to the top of the hill. There are seats and benches around the zoo for resting a while. There is also a zoo train for additional expense (see link).

https://taronga.org.au/taronga-zoo/plan-your-zoo-visit/facilities-accessibility

It has been a while since I was there but I would allow $20 AUD pp for that menu.

Pretty sure soft drink (soda) was about $4 or 5, chips about the same and a burger about $10. With a captive audience they gouge a bit like at the Show.

It happens.

I'm on medication, at times, that makes my eyes gunk up... You may have seen some of my posts when I'm like that. But because I'm probably totally bed ridden at those times and bored out of my tiny little skull, I need to post to keep my self at least a little sane.

I haven't seen any of your posts looking like that at all! I hear you though, I was on bed rest for a week with a kidney infection a while back and nearly went out of my mind with boredom.

I haven't seen any of your posts looking like that at all! I hear you though, I was on bed rest for a week with a kidney infection a while back and nearly went out of my mind with boredom.

Yeah I had five years where I was in bed a lot more than I was out, and about six months where it was total, great fun.

When they'd put me in hospital I always knew it was way past time to go home when I got so bored I looked forward to Judge Judy and Ready Steady Cook coming on TV.

:eek::eek::eek::eek:

I was told Featherdale has gone down hill a fair bit,mga vent been myself for years, but a family member took their kids and was disappointed.

Some international guests told me that they really enjoyed the visit, so perhaps it is all in what people are expecting. International guests may have lower standards to what we expect or they are just excited to see our fauna. :D

Some international guests told me that they really enjoyed the visit, so perhaps it is all in what people are expecting. International guests may have lower standards to what we expect or they are just excited to see our fauna. :D

The person who told me had been there a lot as a kid so that may have impacted too. I haven't been for yonks, really need to find an excuse to go again.

I just asked my son what he ate at Taronga the last time he went. He had a burger, chips and drink. I asked him what it cost, he said "a lot" :D

When I asked him again he said it was around $20.

That is what I had figured when I had visited. They have to make a lot of money to afford that expensive real estate.:D

Yeah I had five years where I was in bed a lot more than I was out, and about six months where it was total, great fun.

When they'd put me in hospital I always knew it was way past time to go home when I got so bored I looked forward to Judge Judy and Ready Steady Cook coming on TV.

:eek::eek::eek::eek:

I haven't watched Ready Steady Cook for years!!

:o:o

I used to love it.

I hope your health is okay these days?

The person who told me had been there a lot as a kid so that may have impacted too. I haven't been for yonks, really need to find an excuse to go again.

It wasn't great a long time ago but was getting better. We had donated 3 emus to the place (we had raised them from chicks after finding their mother dead in a fence) another three were released into the national park by Wedderburn.

It wasn't great a long time ago but was getting better. We had donated 3 emus to the place (we had raised them from chicks after finding their mother dead in a fence) another three were released into the national park by Wedderburn.

Glad to hear if it's on the improve, all these places seem to go through a cycle, I recall a time when I would have recommended Taronga. For that matter Canberra was pretty ordinary at one point but last time we were there it was great, and Mrs Gut is dead keen to stay at the hotel.

Glad to hear if it's on the improve, all these places seem to go through a cycle, I recall a time when I would have recommended Taronga. For that matter Canberra was pretty ordinary at one point but last time we were there it was great, and Mrs Gut is dead keen to stay at the hotel.

It is all about get punters through the gate to pay for the improvements.

The sky safari is pretty cool for the views.:D

Can't argue with that.

I always suggest visitors get the ferry over then sky safari to the top, great views and a birds eye of where things are at the zoo, with the added benefit of walking down not up.

Can't argue with that.

I always suggest visitors get the ferry over then sky safari to the top, great views and a birds eye of where things are at the zoo, with the added benefit of walking down not up.

And you may get to see what the giraffes see every day.:D