Turnaround day in Sydney if doing B2B cruises

Wansbrough

We are doing three back to back cruises and have bagged the same cabin on all 3 cruises, two of theses start and finish in Sydney. We have been informed by our TA that we will also be asked to disembark and re embark after each sailing for immigration purposes.

I'm not really sure what that really entails but I hope it doesn't interfere with our 2 days in Sydney.

I would like to think there is some sort of procedure put in place where we can do this quickly when getting off in the morning to save hanging around waiting for the check in to start.

Has anyone done this or perhaps has knowledge of how it works at this port?

We are doing three back to back cruises and have bagged the same cabin on all 3 cruises, two of theses start and finish in Sydney. We have been informed by our TA that we will also be asked to disembark and re embark after each sailing for immigration purposes.

I'm not really sure what that really entails but I hope it doesn't interfere with our 2 days in Sydney.

I would like to think there is some sort of procedure put in place where we can do this quickly when getting off in the morning to save hanging around waiting for the check in to start.

all it really means you walk off the ship around 9 am. go enjoy your day. come back about 2 hours before you sail.. get your picture taken walk back on the ship and go to drill. that would be a ship like Azamara. .i am guessing large ships the same.. most drills are about an hour or 2 before you sail. the AU law like america makes everyone get off. no big deal.

I've only done one b2b, and that was in Australia, we weren't asked to get off, but were anyway, so I'm afraid I'm not sure.

all it really means you walk off the ship around 9 am. go enjoy your day. come back about 2 hours before you sail.. get your picture taken walk back on the ship and go to drill. that would be a ship like Azamara. .i am guessing large ships the same.. most drills are about an hour or 2 before you sail. the AU law like america makes everyone get off. no big deal.

Now there's a blast form the past, I thought I recognised the name. We were on the Equinox at the same time as you in 2010. :)

Back to the topic though, I was sort of hoping we could get through all the checking in/queuing etc without too much hassle and that there would some sort of procedure in place to simplify matters. I also hope that we don't have to do all 3 musters!!!

Wansbrough: Since we live in the middle of Alaska and fly to every cruise embarkation port we do B2B or B2B2B cruise series. While I don't know what cruise line you are using we actually have had turnaround days in Sydney.

In Sydney we have always been docked at the OPT, and so just left in the morning and returned in the afternoon. There is so much to do in the OPT area that it would be a shame to remain onboard. Every line will offer something called a "Transit Pass" (or something similar in name) which will allow you to bypass the lines the folks boarding at that port will have to use. And I expect you will find yourself repeating the muster drill.

• 2 months later...
Wansbrough: Since we live in the middle of Alaska and fly to every cruise embarkation port we do B2B or B2B2B cruise series. While I don't know what cruise line you are using we actually have had turnaround days in Sydney.

In Sydney we have always been docked at the OPT, and so just left in the morning and returned in the afternoon. There is so much to do in the OPT area that it would be a shame to remain onboard. Every line will offer something called a "Transit Pass" (or something similar in name) which will allow you to bypass the lines the folks boarding at that port will have to use. And I expect you will find yourself repeating the muster drill.

Thanks for the reply. I had forgotten all about this topic.

You have given some very usefully information and something I certainly will take heed of. I certainly don't envy your journeys to get onboard.

For the record the ship will be Celebrity Solstice.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Forums mobile app

• 2 weeks later...