Current (July 2016) status of pre-cruise information?

PescadoAmarillo

We have received one pre-cruise emails re: Captain for an upcoming cruise, but have not received an email for the cruise preceding that one (B2B). This led me to my Cruise Personalizer where I looked to see if there were any pre-cruise emails listed for either booking and there is not.

We used to see emails in our personalizers from Jan Swartz, then the Captain, then usually the CD/HGM, and finally the Maitre D'/Captains Circle host.

I know the emails have been hit and miss lately, but, if you have a cruise in the next month or two, can you still see (what used to be the) pre-cruise emails under the Boarding Pass link, or have they been discontinued also?

We've had problems with the emails for the last year or so. On our Royal BI/Ta last fall we got emails 3mos. before saying how excited we must be for our cruise in 2 weeks. That was the only email for that cruise.

For our May 15th Ruby Alaska we got a couple of emails, but the part that should show the information was blank. They weren't corrected until I put a positing on Princess's fb page.

For our upcoming Regal Baltic/TA I again had to put a positing on fb because the email from the captain was left blank the first time, and the second one said it was an Alaskan cruise. On the third one it was finally right. Some of the people on our Roll Call have been getting emails. It seems pretty much hit or miss.

It shouldn't be that hard to merge database info with email addresses for booked passengers, but in the last year or so Princess has made a mess of it.

The section of the personalizer where you could see the pre-cruise email has been missing for quite a while now. It seems a pretty poor decision on the part of the Princess web folks.

I agree too. That was basically a no-cost (to Princess) feature that provided most of us addicts with a little pre-cruise boost of excitement. Other cruise lines have more extensive pre-cruise booking options than Princess, ratcheting up the excitement level. But Princess at least let us know some of the officers who would be on our sailing. I miss that.

It has been hit or miss for our cruises this year. Princess really needs to take a hard look at their IT department and maybe augment it so that it can do a better job. I am still having to log in again every time I want to see a particular cruise personalizer. When doing a B2B it is a royal pain in the posterior. I don't know if this is an added "benefit" or just plain screw up again by the IT group. Hopefully they will restore it so that only one login is required to see any reservations.

It has been hit or miss for our cruises this year. Princess really needs to take a hard look at their IT department and maybe augment it so that it can do a better job. I am still having to log in again every time I want to see a particular cruise personalizer. When doing a B2B it is a royal pain in the posterior. I don't know if this is an added "benefit" or just plain screw up again by the IT group. Hopefully they will restore it so that only one login is required to see any reservations.

Can you access your bookings through My Princess to save the extra step? Signing into my My Princess account allows me to see all of our bookings and move between them without logging back in. Also, just in case you aren't aware of this, having Princess link your B2B bookings allows you to complete the immigration, contact and credit card information just once, for the first one and it populates the same for any linked cruises.

What e-mails I received this year before a cruise were less than useless.

They were not like the ones we used to get.

Example two weeks before the cruise. Notice the complete lack of any specific information, not even the name of the cruise director.

Dear xxx xxx ,

With your departure quickly approaching, we hope you're getting excited for your upcoming cruise aboard the CARIBBEAN PRINCESS !

Throughout your vacation, you'll enjoy an exciting array of entertainment options including thrilling, original production shows and spectacular guest entertainers. Plus, find out more about yourself and the world around you through onboard enrichment classes, fun onboard activities and enriching port lectures. There's something for every style and mood!

We look forward to welcoming you onboard soon!

000000.jpg

Sincerely,

Your Cruise Director

Visit Princess.com for entertainment options on your cruise:

ORIGINAL PRODUCTION SHOWS

ONBOARD MEDIA

GUEST ENTERTAINERS

• Move to the rhythm of the beat, or for some belly laughs catch a stand-up comedy act!

ACTIVITIES

Plus, we're hosting onboard festivals that originate from every corner of the globe!

I'm on one of the Royal cruises now not going to Istanbul. I had contacted Princess and they told me we weren't going, where we were now going and an email was being sent that day to passengers.

That was Friday. Still nothing. Though others on my roll call say they got one.

So I'm not holding out hope for pre-cruise emails.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums