So glad I listened to you guys

Just to be fair, we just booked Liberty interior April 2017 for $1147 total for 2, so that went down a few hundred dollars from back last spring when we elected not to book whilst aboard her. Same cabin was like over $1600! Fares have gone up so much we could not justify a balcony as the diamond discount also diminished to $125 from $225.

Just a couple years ago we were booking early and getting $1200 to 1400 total for a balcony! Now up to $1600 and up!

So it did go down.

Well at least those that said the new pricing structure to not discount last minute cruises was not going to go away and that booking far in advance was the new norm.

So I booked nearly 2 years in advance for the Adventure for spring break March 2017 which I had never done previously. We booked a Jr. Suite on the hump for $1,250/pp with taxes and port charges that included $300 RCCL OBC and $190 TA OBC.

Just looked today because this is typically my time frame for looking at spring break travel next year and saw it is now double at $5,017 with $425 C**** cash card.

Thank you very much.

Dave

:):D

We booked Harmony a year in advance onboard via NextCruise, and the price never got nearly as low as what we paid way back then :) I guess I'm assuming the price won't plummet in the next 3 months! ;)

I have always booked our cruises upon release and our NZ cruise on the Radiance two years ago, jumped $700 4 months after I booked. It continually went up until we left for Sydney, Australia. I guess it depends on the cruise but since we go for 2 weeks it is hard to find any breaks later on.

And that's why I didn't phrase it as being the release price.

That said, I did forget to include the day one price. (As tracked by that site.) It looks like it was about $3000. So $800 more on opening day than if I booked right now.

I don't have a dog in this fight as I don't sail this line, but pretending price drops don't happen close to sail date is silly.

Nobody is pretending that price drops don't happen, the point being made is that those drops are rarely lower than the original release price.

After release prices start going up, hit a peak and some stage, and may then drop lower close to sailing to move the less desirable cabins. If you're able to plan ahead and book really early you get the best price and your pick of cabins.

How early do cruises open for booking?

Royal usually opens the bulk of their cruises in the March/April timeframe, at which point they will typically add itineraries from April 2018 to April 2019.

Well at least those that said the new pricing structure to not discount last minute cruises was not going to go away and that booking far in advance was the new norm.

So I booked nearly 2 years in advance for the Adventure for spring break March 2017 which I had never done previously. We booked a Jr. Suite on the hump for $1,250/pp with taxes and port charges that included $300 RCCL OBC and $190 TA OBC.

Just looked today because this is typically my time frame for looking at spring break travel next year and saw it is now double at $5,017 with $425 C**** cash card.

Thank you very much.

Dave

:):D

We always book early.$$$