Cruise Reward Deposit

falkensmaze

Hello all, We are booked to hit the Escape next May, I used my Cruise Next $250 pre paid voucher (purchased on our last Cruise) to secure the Trip. NOW my friend has informed me she has two Cruise Reward vouchers ($500) and wants to give me them as they will not be used, they were gave to her by another friend as a gift!? Are they any good to me? can I redeem them in any fashion? an upgrade perhaps?

I don't think you can use them for your current cruise. They are not good toward upgrades or anything. However, they are still good for a deposit on future cruises up until the date they expire. They can also be sold on eBay or even on here if you find a way to do the transaction.

Edited by MeHeartCruising

Yes I thought as much the T&C states the can be transferred but the problem is they expire October 17 and i won't be able to use them before this date! Shame i never knew about them b4 hand! At least we know now and maybe can get them to someone else before they Expire. thanks!

Perhaps you can cancel the cruise you booked with your cruise deposit and re book the trip with the cruise deposit gift, only if the price and incentives are the same. I'm not sure if you just have to book or use by expiration date. This way you can save yours for another cruise.

Oh dear, I think I just heard the sound of the asking price for your two vouchers crashing through the floor… :p

Seriously, the transaction must be initiated by the rightful owner of the vouchers. Or by someone who knows enough personal details about them to successfully impersonate them over the phone…

Do try to track down this friend of a friend and see if they are willing to make this call (or maybe they have already done it, and transferred the vouchers to your friend).

Honestly I'm not that bothered. And i certainly wouldn't be going to the impersonation route. If my friends friend was willing to sell them then that's up to her as I said they are not MY vouchers so the price is not my problem. If she wants to sell them and needs my help I'm fine with that. Either that or they'll expire. Shame tho.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In some cases you may be able to get an extension on the expiration date. I had a voucher that was set to expire in Sept 2015. We had planned on booking a last minute cruise in August or so. Unfortunately I had a seizure in July 2015 and decided to hold off.

I called the CruiseNext rep and explained my situation and they extended it for another year no questions asked. I assumed they would want a doctor's note but they didn't ask for one.

Not suggesting anyone lie but if you have a valid reason they may accommodate you.

The good news is we are booked for the Sept 3rd Escape sailing!

Edited by hawkman402