Selecting check-in time

My Vista cruise in February will be my first time selecting a time slot to check-in at the terminal. Just curious to know how early we can/should check in online to select a time. I know the slots are capacity controlled...didn't know if there's now a mad dash to get the early times.

My Vista cruise in February will be my first time selecting a time slot to check-in at the terminal. Just curious to know how early we can/should check in online to select a time. I know the slots are capacity controlled...didn't know if there's now a mad dash to get the early times.

No one really knows when they open the slots, not even Carnival.

Read somewhere on here that the staggered check in time will be added to the on line check in in the near future. Most cruisers like to board early, so the early times will go quickly. Keep checking your documents. You can select your check in time without filling out your documents completely.

Last update that I heard was that Vista check in times will be available 3 months before she comes to the states. But before that was May, then July, so I don't think there is any real answer yet.

We're on the Vista TA in October. Made final payment a couple of weeks ago, and selected a check-in time then online.

Hmm? I picked a check in time when I booked my cruise.

It has nothing to do with making final payment which in my case is not due until October.

The staggered check-in times for Vista from Barcelona port were only announced and added to online check-in on July 7th.

Edited by lizardhowson

I would love to know this also as I have two cruises on the Dream booked for next year. For my March Cruise, the check in time is already available and chosen. I selected it at around 260 days out. My November cruise which is 490 days out does not yet have a selection available.

We had staggered check in on the Breeze in June. We checked in at 10:30, but still didn't get to board until 11:30. All the staggered check in really does is help keep the lines from getting backed up at check-in. I've heard some people say they were able to board as early as 10:30, but I wouldn't count on it. If you check in early you will probably still have to sit and wait for boarding.